PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth EC-120 is OK

gajit
February 14th, 2010, 01:30
I decided to buy it - certainly not one of Nemeth's best is it? But its OK.

I now think that Cera are the best heli producers at this time.

That said im just working on a repaint -

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-132.jpg

spatialpro
February 14th, 2010, 10:10
If only Cera made as many helis as Nemeth! ;)

gajit
February 14th, 2010, 11:28
If only Cera made as many helis as Nemeth! ;)

Very True - Im looking forward to their 222 :jump::jump::jump:

MCDesigns
February 14th, 2010, 13:36
I
I now think that Cera are the best heli producers at this time.

That said im just working on a repaint -

Luckily we can disagree and it's ok, LOL. When Cera are as prolific as the nemeths, have pilot figures that are as nice as the nemeths and have a catalog of helis as large as the nemeths, I'll take another look at whose the best, LOL. I will say that when it comes to re-paint-ability, Cera has them beat.

Nice paint though!

I only wish one of them would do an AS-355:isadizzy:

gajit
February 14th, 2010, 15:14
Luckily we can disagree and it's ok, LOL. When Cera are as prolific as the nemeths, have pilot figures that are as nice as the nemeths and have a catalog of helis as large as the nemeths, I'll take another look at whose the best, LOL. I will say that when it comes to re-paint-ability, Cera has them beat.

Nice paint though!

I only wish one of them would do an AS-355:isadizzy:

Actually MC - I take your point and your right to pull me up on that. I should have said that I feel that Cere's products are in my opinion better than some of the more recent aircraft from Nemeth.

Yes - they do better pilots but........

Old Crow
February 14th, 2010, 17:35
It may not be one of Nemeth's best, but it is fully in FSX now and I thank them for making my favorite helo from FS2004 available again. I hope they update the S-76, Mi-17 and Mi-2 for FSX. :kilroy:

MCDesigns
February 14th, 2010, 17:44
It may not be one of Nemeth's best, but it is fully in FSX now and I thank them for making my favorite helo from FS2004 available again. I hope they update the S-76, Mi-17 and Mi-2 for FSX. :kilroy:

Oh yes, would love to see the S-76 in FSX. It came out to late for me to justify an FS9 addon that close to FSX

spatialpro
February 15th, 2010, 00:30
I'd add the Nemeth AS-350 to that list of FSX re-release wants. I only hope they spend more time on updating the AS-350 than they did on the EC-120, which looks a little rough round the edges to me (although I can't really judge as I don't have it). In fact the Nemeth AS-350 for FS2004 now looks positively dated, so maybe making an FSX native from the ground up is the way to go... I for one would pay good money for it (esp. if it included a dual instrument version this time, with sling hook).

euroastar350
February 15th, 2010, 00:38
The Nemeths have no intentions of updating their AS350 to FSX standards. I have a copy of the source files that I obtained from the Nemeths if someone wants to take a dab at doing the conversion.

spatialpro
February 15th, 2010, 02:01
Are they GMAX or 3DS Max?

Andy

Penzoil3
February 15th, 2010, 02:34
:icon29:
Nemeth choppers are nice, I own three. The Cerasim 412 is great, I have it too. But... once you try the Dodosim Bell 206, nothing compares. Dodosim has achieved a degree of reality heretofore unknown in chopper simulation. It has a learning curve, no doubt; but I know a couple real life heli pilots who use the Dodo for practicing autorotations.
Sue

gajit
February 15th, 2010, 04:26
Yes - dodo is the exception re the flight dynamics - if only all helicopter FD's could replicate the real thing so well.

That said - it is still harder to land a FSX heli than the real thing.