PDA

View Full Version : would anyone want a paintkit for the SF260?

pilottj
February 13th, 2010, 23:33
Hey folks
After making the Duke paint kit, I was toying with the idea of doing the same thing for Realair's great SF-260. It would be a little more difficult but it would be a fun challenge.

Cheers
TJ

xavleb
February 14th, 2010, 00:17
It would be great

thank you

Xavier

ColoKent
February 14th, 2010, 07:13
.... ABSOLUTELY! There are so many great paints that could be done for the SF.260. JUst wish RF would give us a military pilot with helmet in that baby. Just as an example: Think of all the Italian AF schemes that could be done....

Kent

spatialpro
February 14th, 2010, 10:08
There is one out there already, made by RealAir themselves I believe. It is for the FS2004 original, but also works for the FSX model. I can't remember where you can download it, but I'm sure there is a link on the RealAir forums...

HTH?

Andy

pilottj
February 14th, 2010, 14:55
Andy, I believe you are thinking of the Scout paintkit that was for the fs2004 model and works in FSX with a little alteration that can be found on the Realair website. I will find out from Rob and Sean if an SF260 paintkit project is good to go. If there is indeed an 04 SF260 kit, I'll see if it can be updated to the FSX model:)

spatialpro
February 14th, 2010, 22:34
No, I don't own the Scout! The paintkit I have is definitely for the SF-260 and was made by RealAir themselves. I've done several repaints myself, just never published them. Here is a screenshot of the first texture from the paint kit:

Andy

http://photos.classicbritishfiles.com/hosted/images/gmmzet2kdzjmwmewznxa.jpg

pilottj
February 14th, 2010, 22:48
I stand corrected :) I'll ask Rob where it is because I havent seen it on the realair website.

Cheers
TJ

Quixoticish
February 14th, 2010, 22:56
I would love a paintkit for the SF260. In actual fact how many paint kits have been released for Realair products? The lack of a good kit was the one and only thing I found disappointing about Realair releases.

spatialpro
February 15th, 2010, 00:03
The above paintkit has been available for many years (note the copyright is 2002)! I don't think it was ever available via the RealAir web site, but I remember being pointed to it from the RealAir support forum (which I think was hosted by AVSIM, or similar??).

I was in a similar position to you guys when the FSX version arrived. I wanted an FSX paint kit and went looking for one. When I posted on the RealAir forum I was assured the existing paintkit would work with the FSX version. It worked for me. Its also the reason there are so many great SF260 repaints out there for FSX (though admittidly less than FS2004).

The paint kit consists of layered Photoshop files, with some great weathering included.

cheers

Andy

spatialpro
February 15th, 2010, 00:11
A little bit of Googling and I found this thread, which points to AVSIM. Unfortunately I can't find the file (can anyone else?), so I assume it was lost when AVSIM was hacked?

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=39640

The "support forum" I was thinking of was actually the SF-260 Flying CLub:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=212&sid=e29b7a8ae296c6dda9a0250aa6dacfb2

Andy

spatialpro
February 15th, 2010, 00:23
BTW, I thought about re-posting the paintkit for everyone to use, so went to check the README and found this:

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:

If you purchased the RealAirSimulations SF.260 from www.realairsimulations.com
or other bone fide sources, you are granted a licence to use this repaint kit.

ALL graphics contained in this kit are the exclusive copyright of
RealAir Simulations © 2002 and no part of any of the textures contained
in this package, or any other files within, in part or in whole, may be copied,
re-distributed, disassembled, re-packaged or in any way be exploited for any
purpose whatsoever, whether for commercial or non-commercial
reasons, without the express and written permission of RealAir Simulations.

If anyone can get written permission for me from RealAir I'll gladly upload it to several libaries...

And for anyone releasing a repaint you may wish to read this carefully:

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

If you wish to offer free alternative textures or liveries to other
bona fide purchasers of this package you may do so ONLY with the
express and written permission of RealAir Simulations, such permission
to be sought in writing. The decision to grant permission is the sole
right of RealAir Simulations.

To request permission to release a FREE custom texture for the SF.260, please contact Sean Moloney at:

sean78@bigpond.net.au

Txmmy83
February 15th, 2010, 05:52
this old FS2004 paintkit work quite nice

BR
Tom

pilottj
February 15th, 2010, 08:53
I will communicate with Rob about this. Rob assisted me greatly and worked out with me what I needed to add to my Duke paintkit in order to post here so I think somthing could be worked out with Rob and Sean to either improve the current one to FSX standards or make one from scratch. For that manner the Scout paint kit could use some minor adjustments to bring it up to FSX spec, but one thing at a time lol.

Cheers
TJ

kilo delta
July 24th, 2010, 14:29
Any luck getting an FSX repaint kit? :)

jeansy
July 25th, 2010, 04:18
Any luck getting an FSX repaint kit? :)

you dont need the fsx kit, ive done several fsx paints using the fs2004 one

done both texture and spec using it otherwise just texture share from the main textures

spatialpro
July 25th, 2010, 04:52
Ah but is the FS2004 paintkit back on AVSIM?? I have a copy here, but the copyright says I can't distribute it!

falcon409
July 25th, 2010, 09:21
Apparently it's long gone. I've done a lot of searching and it just isn't available. I suppose Realair has their reasons for being so evasive with this particular kit, but gimme a break, it's just a paint kit, not national secrets we're looking for, make it available on your website for heaven sakes.

I e-mailed Chris Brisland (Eagleskinner), to see if he can tell me how to find this PK somewhere else. He has it because he's done a lot of repaints for the 260, so it isn't a matter of him trying to find it for me. . .he already has it.

CBris
January 16th, 2011, 21:27
I keep forgetting to check in so apologies for such a long delay in reading the posts here. I know this is an old old thread, but RAS gave me permission to upload their paintkit and host it on my own site. It is there on eagleskinner.com in the "repaints/miscellaneous" section.

I am currently out of the painting game (health reasons) so I am not able to take any requests or commissions, but if you check my site, there's a good backlog of skins you might have missed.

Enjoy!