PDA

View Full Version : FSX & FS9 Intermittent Audio Loss

Les Parson
February 13th, 2010, 13:58
For a couple of weeks now, I've been unable to tackle the very annoying problem of a 1-2 second audio loss in both FS9 and FSX. The audio loss is much more common in FSX occurring about every minute or two for just a second or two. Since the loss occurs in both FS versions, I'm assuming it's a Windows thing. It seems like something is blocking, however I've done my best in closing using any other little programs using a little tool called End-it-all.

Any ideas are very welcomed.

Windows Vista-64
i7 940 CPU OC'd
Nvidia 285 GTX

harleyman
February 13th, 2010, 15:27
You using a sound card Les?

If so check and see if got updated drivers...If its a SoundBlaster (ant creative) the roll the driver back..

If you use onboard sound then you have a conflict with something that kicks in every now and again that hits hard at launch...

Les Parson
February 13th, 2010, 19:07
My specs say - Integrated Motherboard Audio, so I guess something is interferring; trouble is, I don't know what?

Thanks for the info.

harleyman
February 13th, 2010, 19:24
You can fly in windowed mode les, Open your task mamager and look for any program that spikes usage at the point where the sound lags...

Or uninstall your Real Tech sound Drivers and reload them...

Les Parson
February 13th, 2010, 19:32
That's a good idea, I'll try it.

stansdds
February 14th, 2010, 06:42
Sounds to me like there is something running in the background that is taking priority from sound processing.

Les Parson
February 14th, 2010, 07:03
After reading a few reviews, I invested in 'Driver Detective' and updated the RealTek driver. It seems it may have solved the issue; I'll know more after a bit more testing.

Thanks for all the help!

harleyman
February 14th, 2010, 15:31
Man...you could update that driver in device manager for free les....LOL

I HATE Driver Detcive..never trust it...:pop4:

Les Parson
February 14th, 2010, 15:51
Well, I read reviews about several of the PC driver update people. It seems some folks like 'em, some don't. What I don't understand is it seems Windows always seems to say you already have the latest drivers, no matter what?

Anyways, after updating the RealTek driver and launching an FSX flight, the intermittent audio loss is back!

harleyman
February 14th, 2010, 17:47
Hmmmmmm

Then you will need to fly in windowed mode, and open Task mamager, and see what is spiking when the sound drops out..

OR..run MSCONFIG, Shut down all services, then enable them back one at a time and narrow down the culprit that way..

never a fun thing to have to figure out...

sorry that it still persists..

Go to the manufacturer of your motherboard and try their latest sound driver...Uninstall the ole first

Les Parson
February 15th, 2010, 10:23
I've been using msconfig and at present operating about half of the services. I've noticed everything operates fine for about 20 minutes, then the outages begin. During an enroute cruise phase with the F1 Cessna Mustang, the outages outages were occurring, but not at any regular interval; that's one thing that makes this difficult to nail down. Anyways, I fired up msconfig at noted the following:

FSX.exe - 144850 K
Svchost.exe - 161884 K
Mcshield.exe - 40872 K

These were the highest and most notable of the total of 54 running. I thought about F1's Ultimate Traffic 2, however this phenomena occurs with FS9 as well without UT2.

Thanks for your continued help .

viking3
February 15th, 2010, 10:42
One trick that has fixed sound problems for me in the past is launch DXDIAG and go to the sound page, once there move your acceleration slider to the left. Your onboard sound card may not be able to handle higher acceleration settings. Hope this helps.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

harleyman
February 15th, 2010, 14:45
Good idea Viking.....:applause:

Les Parson
February 15th, 2010, 15:02
Thanks, I tried DXDIAG, but did'nt see any acceleration slider?

viking3
February 15th, 2010, 15:08
There should be one on your sound page. You can also, I believe, set acceleration through the Device Manager to get to your audio device properties. Good luck.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

harleyman
February 16th, 2010, 00:51
Well..

FSX.exe - 144850 K <----------------------------- FSX YUP
Svchost.exe - 161884 K <---------------------------system services
Mcshield.exe - 40872 K <--------------------------maybe the culprit (updating or scanning) Disable it and see