PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51 Woes....

letsgetrowdy
February 13th, 2010, 04:56
Hi Guys,

I stated last week that I was thinking of buying the Warbirdsim P-51 Package, and did so last Tuesday. Everything went smoothly until I installed it - went to fly to activate, and there was no Add-ons tab on the top menu bar.

Any one else had this problem?

jankees
February 13th, 2010, 05:08
don't get me started......

stiz
February 13th, 2010, 05:09
never heard of that problem before, most of the trouble when its time for them to send you a key :kilroy:

will_b
February 13th, 2010, 05:22
I had no problems either but I'm still using XP could it be a Vista or Win7 issue?

SpaceWeevil
February 13th, 2010, 05:34
Not come across that one. I've reinstalled it twice on Vista so far, one of them being a brand new FSX/acceleration install, and the menu was there both times. I'm really fortunate (going by all these threads) because I have had no problems with it at all. I'm guessing that as it was tuesday you've rebooted since then, so maybe just run the installation again? It's always possible that something running in the background could have interfered.

delta558
February 13th, 2010, 05:43
Look in your FSX root directory, find the Warbirdsim folder there. Inside that, there are a couple of tools - P51 remove from sim startup and P51 add to sim startup. Try using the first (even though it's not showing in your sim, it'll get rid of any parts that are there already) and then run the add to startup tool. Might be worth running FSX once in between these steps, and after using the second tool you should find the correct items in your menu bar.

letsgetrowdy
February 13th, 2010, 06:19
I found the problem/solution - and it's to do with Vista. I wasn't using the administrator's account. I've reinstalled on that account and now it works.
BTW, how long generally did it take for you P-51's to an activation email?

IanP
February 13th, 2010, 06:22
The most common day for responses to be received seems to be a Sunday and the time taken varies from one day to... well. Eventually. Maybe.

Most people seem to have got them the weekend after they asked, so I'd go with "tomorrow" as my entry into the sweepstake. ;)

Spilot69
February 13th, 2010, 06:36
Still no luck Jan kees? Are they working with you at least? John if you are reading this post I was wondering if you ever were able to make the radiator open and close automatically? And how the updates are progressing?

Bomber_12th
February 13th, 2010, 11:21
Just stopping in here to comment on what I can, just as long as I am here viewing today's threads, so that no one grows any concerns over me leaving this thread at bay.

To this discussion, I would like to state, that Warbirdsim has been taking active steps for several weeks now, to cure, once and for all, any and all issues that have been brought to our attention, for all users and future customers. If there is any delay in getting messages sent out to new customers, it is likely due to the busyness surrounding an announcement to come shortly, and what that announcement entails for everyone.

Spilot69,
I am happy to report that yes, I have been able to replicate the four systems that coincide with the oil and coolant doors. You will first be able to notice this with our P-51D series, and shortly later, with the update for the P-51B/C's. These systems, like in the real aircraft, will allow you to select the automatic setting, for both doors, or manual, allowing you to open or close both of the doors if you choose to. Within automatic, the doors will open/close according to appropriate thermostat readings, as per the real aircraft. A separate system is also being replicated, coinciding with only the coolant door, and only for the D models, just as in the real aircraft, but information about that will be kept until release time (though those 'in the know' about the D model Mustangs, will already likely know what I am describing). ;)

Updates on the status of both of the current projects will be made only when I feel comfortable that they should. There is a whole lot of work going into the P-51D series, and once that commitment is done, the B/C model update, bringing it close to the same standards as the "D's", will have more focus, and will be more efficient to complete by then. The B/C's, by then, will be very much different craft than they are now, making the work going into this free update rather unfortunate to me, the developer, but the end result, in the sim, will be great for the developer and customers alike. :)

ColoKent
February 13th, 2010, 11:56
....will the -D include a paint kit? Seems that was not included with the A, B and C models...

Kent

Spilot69
February 13th, 2010, 21:09
Thanks for the update John. Look forward to those changes for the B/C model!

1970LT1
February 15th, 2010, 06:14
I'm watching this thread with interest as I'm having problems with this payware in FS9 Vista 64 Bit. Does the FSX version work ok with FSX Vista 64 Bit?

Regards,

LT1

PRB
February 15th, 2010, 07:36
I'm watching this thread with interest as I'm having problems with this payware in FS9 Vista 64 Bit. Does the FSX version work ok with FSX Vista 64 Bit?

Regards,

LT1

I have both the FS9 and FSX versions running on my Vista 64 machine.

letsgetrowdy
February 20th, 2010, 21:34
This package looks brilliant, but I've sent my activation code almost two weeks ago without a reply. It says on thier site that it may take up to 48 hours, which is understandable, but NOT this long!!! i've sent it twice in case they didn't recieve the first, and then contacted their "support" a few days ago without a reply. Have warbirdsim fallen on hard times?

bstolle
February 22nd, 2010, 01:54
Thanx for posting. I thought after the initial troubles the guys at warbirdsim had learned something from the very bad response they got (at least) in this forum. Apparently not, so I'll have to wait for the A2A version.... Sigh

jankees
February 22nd, 2010, 02:08
...and mine STILL isn't working, grrrr

stiz
February 22nd, 2010, 03:33
This package looks brilliant, but I've sent my activation code almost two weeks ago without a reply. It says on thier site that it may take up to 48 hours, which is understandable, but NOT this long!!! i've sent it twice in case they didn't recieve the first, and then contacted their "support" a few days ago without a reply. Have warbirdsim fallen on hard times?

havnt you heard, thousends of people are updateing to windows 7 so it takes a lot longer now

Jokeing aside,I was going to report them to trade standards, specialy after the length of time it took to get a new key for myself but decided not to after i got my key the next day, might be worth looking at again :kilroy:

letsgetrowdy
February 22nd, 2010, 08:48
mmmmm....well I haven't had any responces from any feedback from any of the addresses I've contacted, I've contacted "support" "sales" "activation" and "info" @warbirdsim.com all over week ago. My first activation request was sent almost two and half weeks ago. And they say max 48 hours....meh

Nick C
February 22nd, 2010, 10:39
Let me see if I can flag up your issues.

Edit: Although as you don't have your name showing here, it could mean nothing if they do look.

letsgetrowdy
February 22nd, 2010, 11:02
True...but I prefer not to post my full name, so I'll say that my initials are G. C . If John is reading this, please could you tell us of any thing that may be preventing a reply. (I think he's with WBS isn't he?)

Nick C
February 22nd, 2010, 11:45
Understood, just sent you a PM.

Bomber_12th
February 22nd, 2010, 13:18
Rowdy, I have just sent you a PM, and I hope it sets you at more ease.

It is a rather odd time currently, as there has been a lot of work being focused on alleviating all of the current issues, from activation to the sim-experience, in one fell swoop, and these types of threads/posts will (hopefully?) be no more, as a result of the efforts that have been underway. We really are pulling hard for it to come to fruition.

bstolle
February 23rd, 2010, 23:54
At least for guys like me it's too late. Too much troubles, for too long and apparently still not solved.
You didn't even answer the question in this thread if there is or will be a paintkit...

Smashing Time
February 24th, 2010, 05:21
and these types of threads/posts will (hopefully?) be no more, as a result of the efforts that have been underway.
Thats real assuring..

John why can't you just say what the hell is going on. Did you sell your soul to these people?
The only thing that can save your ship is to have someone like A2A buy these jerks out and make it available at a reasonable price without any of these stupid restrictions and activations.

:kilroy:

jankees
February 24th, 2010, 05:40
It's my most expensive add-on...and it doesn't work.
Don't get me wrong, I loved it while it was working, and I do miss it.
It turned transparant in the very beginning of the new year, and has remained that way ever since.
I received a weekly reassuring e-mail from WBS during january, saying they were working on a solution, but have not heard anything since feb 1st (title of the mail: last try, content: we have a solution)., OK, except John's post above..
It is now the 24th...and I am ever so slightly annoyed

'never in the history of flightsimming has so much irritation been caused by so few aircraft for so much money..'
well, for me anyway.

Anyway, we'll see if and when something happens, the money is spent..

Spilot69
February 24th, 2010, 05:45
It's such a shame because it's a great product and Its my favorite plane lately. John did an amazing job but for
most people the problems and questions and price drive them away!! I hope the activation issues get solved and just be a normal airplane. I think yes they don't have pirates but all the sales they have lost and bad rep, they have lost more money from alienating the customers. John I really appreciate your work and I love your product!

Bomber_12th
February 24th, 2010, 07:32
JanKees, I completely understand where you are coming from. The solution is finished, and the solution is far more wide-spread and thorough than one can likely imagine, but the work involved on getting the distribution all set up, is what is currently on-going. I am as impatient as anyone for everyone's problems to be corrected, and that is what this upcoming solution aims to do. Everything that you discuss in your last post, Spilot69, is what the 'solution' aims to cure, having already started with the lower prices as can be noted on the Warbirdsim site. It certainly sounds repetitive, but please hold tight until everything is finished, and a formal announcement can be made.

As for obtaining the paint kit, please contact me via PM, and I can work to arrange something with you.

Slug Flyer
February 24th, 2010, 08:27
As for obtaining the paint kit, please contact me via PM, and I can work to arrange something with you.

How much red tape has to be cut through for a paint kit?

letsgetrowdy
February 24th, 2010, 08:51
Well my problems are over for now - I got my code and I'm enjoying a good aeroplane- just won't put too many paints of this thing.

Bomber_12th
February 24th, 2010, 09:17
Rowdy, I am glad my little 'tip of advice' pointed you in the right direction. As was the case, with several others in the past, sometimes the message responses will find themselves in customer's spam folders. I have had this occur myself a number of times, in purchasing from other companies as well.

Slug Flyer, there will be just enough red tape to ensure that you really deserve it (just kidding of course). ;)

On the development front lately at Warbirdsim, most focus has been on, as I've stated, resolving every issue that has been brought to our attention on the Fighter Leader X product and security. Once this overall solution is made available to customers, correcting every issue for every customer, there will still be to come, the free update which will be taking the B and C models to the standards going into the D models. All of this, and I am working on wrapping up college next week, with a BA in Visual Communications - busy, busy, busy.

jankees
February 24th, 2010, 09:40
BA in visual communications?

Well John, there is nothing wrong with your visual communication skills, all your paints and yes, your model too, prove it.
Congratulations with your degree!

Quicksand
February 24th, 2010, 09:44
Congrats on your degree, John!:medals::icon29::guinness::applause: Love your Ponies and looking forward to more, buddy!:medals:

Lewis-A2A
February 24th, 2010, 10:09
Hey Bomber, slightlt off topic.

But John Bergers 'ways of seeing' is a great book and TV show.

Helped me alot in my degree when going over the pop/mat culture areas.