PDA

View Full Version : Australian Radio Chatter

erufle
February 13th, 2010, 04:45
It would be nice if I could get this done and uploaded in time for Rami's re-make of what is probably this simulator's most beloved add-on, the Defense of Australia (DOA). I am almost done and could have it uploaded as soon as the server is ready, but it is likely to take a few more weeks. The reason is that I have the opportunity to make this voice pack the best this sim has ever seen.

I have quite a bit of experience in making these packs now and have become adept at spotting quality acting talent. Among the CFS2 stars I have discovered are Dandolo513 (Italian Radio Chatter) and Cloud9gal (Arielle of the French Pack). When I first started on the Australian Radio Chatter project, I had several volunteers and figured the variety of voices would make this a good quality add-on. However, I struggled a bit at first to get the recordings that were submitted to me to sound as authentic as I would have hoped. Don't get me wrong - the people that worked on these recordings worked hard and deserve accolades from the entire community for their effort and hard work. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause: That being the case, just as the cream always rises to the top of the bucket after the cows have been milked, so do the stars of CFS2's voice packs. Rather than submit the Australian pack as is, I want to go back and re-record some of the scripts with the voice of whom I feel is going to be the biggest star CFS2 will ever have.

Richard (RC) Cawte recorded about one-third of the scripts that I have so far and they are very outstanding. His thick Aussie accent combined with all of the emotion he poured into his work could make this sound pack the best CFS2 has ever seen. I also want to commend Tony Marinac for his fine works. I will certainly use Tony's recordings in addition to RC's.

Now for the point of all this. I want everyone to urge RC to finish the recordings so that my prediction about this being the best voice pack yet will prove accurate. If RC does help, I expect to have the Australian Radio Chatter add-on to be ready before the end of March.
:guinness::icon29::guinness:

leroy10
February 13th, 2010, 05:28
Hi erufle,

I can't wait for this one and I know for fact there's going to be a small flood of RAAF add-ons released over the next few weeks. I'm also going to be releasing what I hope to be my best work yet for CFS2 with my P-40E.

I've been in discussion with Tony recently too and we've decided an RAAF pilot would be a great addition to the sim. He's also been hard at work in the paint shop with some absolutely superb :applause::applause::applause::applause: repaints for my P-40. Together with the DOA missions by Rami and Talon and with a few bases I have laying around I think it's going to be happy days for us around here. :jump::jump:

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

R C CAWTE
February 16th, 2010, 07:25
The list has arrived ed.Give me a couple of weeks to sort it out and we should be done.

demorier
February 20th, 2010, 23:38
I was going to voluntee my voice for the aussie stuff but I'm a bit of a mumbler with a low pitched quiet voice....can't even stand the sound of myself on an answering machine.

mariereid
February 21st, 2010, 04:32
I thought that was the way all Aussies sounded!:icon_lol::ernae:

flying_spud
February 22nd, 2010, 05:21
Most of the aussies we hear in the UK seem to be rambling on about "sheila's" and "the amber nectar" most of the time - except those at Lords cricket ground who keep screaming "howzat" every other delivery........:bump:

Jagdflieger
February 22nd, 2010, 10:16
Wait till you guys see Leroy's P-40E! I'll post some screen shots when I get back to my quarters tonight.

egypt23spitfire
February 24th, 2010, 17:17
.........:ernae:c'mon wheres the screenies:applause:

erufle
February 26th, 2010, 05:38
The list has arrived ed.Give me a couple of weeks to sort it out and we should be done.

RC, you have restored my confidence in this project. I really do think it will be the best one yet. Not only because of RC and Tony's acting ability, but because I actually understand what I am editing and can cut them to length if need be. So far, the quality of the wave files I have converted into gvr files has remained consistent and high.

erufle
March 13th, 2010, 00:38
I have the project 3/4 of the way done. I am just waiting for RC to get me the final raw sound files. His voice is so thickly Aussie and so animated I am sure you will all enjoy it. While I am waiting I am working to solve an interesting problem. The quality of many of the new gvr files is so high that they sound unreal. We knew this could be a problem when we started, but the French and Italian translations were so long that I had to keep the quality low. With the raw Aussie files I am having to turn up the static to achieve realism.

mariereid
March 14th, 2010, 04:37
Dang, I better get an Aussie-Canadian dictionary!:ernae:

erufle
May 1st, 2010, 04:58
I am still waiting for the stars of this voice pack to finish up the scripts for gvr files one and two. RC Cawte is having some minor technical difficulties that I am sure will get ironed out quickly. For those of you who have, or are in the process of, installing Rami's new Australian campaign remasters, feel free to send me a PM if you would like an advanced copy of gvr files three through seven. These are actually all the same file (don't know why CFS2 requires five copies). It does, however, represent 3/4 of all the radio scripts used by the sim. Another thing you can do is download FVB's British Radio Chatter from here: http://simviation.com/cfs2misc13.htm and use gvr files one and two from it. Just rename them aus01.gvr and aus02.gvr. Then use the gvr file you get from me for aus03.gvr, aus04.gvr, aus05.gvr, aus06.gvr, and aus07.gvr. same for the gvt and gvi files. Sorry for the delay, but these language packs are truly a community project and doing them right requires patience. I believe five or six people have contributed to this project so far and I have taken the liberty of picking and choosing only the best for release.