PDA

View Full Version : New Saitek Stick Throttle - looks VERY nice to me

gigabyte
February 13th, 2010, 04:17
As the title says Saitek is releasing a new Throttle and stick next week the X65, this looks like a direct competitor to the new Logitec, but a couple of extra bells and whistles.

I have complained bitterly about their software before but from what I read they have the Win 7 & and backwards compatible drivers ready so I might have to keep my trap shut on this one. Now I just have to get that tax refund and figure out how to make it look like my X52 so the wife does not have a hissy fit...

Here is a link with some good shots - http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4738&idCategory=173

Also full info here - http://x65f.gameshark.com/

stiz
February 13th, 2010, 04:27
"In a world first for a manufactured simulation controller, the X-65F’s stick does not move"

*cue little kid who thinks it should move!*

:icon_lol:

CL19O1
February 13th, 2010, 04:55
I hope the price moves.

SirBenn21
February 13th, 2010, 05:09
Pricey!!!

Cag40Navy
February 13th, 2010, 05:19
well, the X52 is still my favorite....

wiltzei
February 13th, 2010, 07:44
$400 = 293€.

Price in Germany = 400€.

Nice.

Dain Arns
February 13th, 2010, 08:13
"In a world first for a manufactured simulation controller, the X-65F’s stick does not move" ...

Which would be interesting to try, it is a good looking set-up, but I wonder about using it for Helicopters.
One thing I like about the Logitech G940, is the force feedback and non-centering joystick option.
I just need to be able to 'feel' the small movements of the stick. :kilroy:

IanP
February 13th, 2010, 08:22
$400 = 293€.

Price in Germany = 400€.

Nice.

Imagine how we felt when it was over $2 to £1 and something that cost $100 in the US was £100 in the UK? It hasn't changed, it's just that these days $100 means closer to £150 because the GB£ lost so much value.

arrowmaker
February 13th, 2010, 14:51
It hasn't changed, it's just that these days $100 means closer to £150 because the GB£ lost so much value.

A tad out on yer figures there Ian. $100 is currently just under £64, not £150. I suspect you may have mixed up you $ and £. :icon_lol:

IanP
February 13th, 2010, 15:05
My reference was to the difference in cost, not the exchange rate... ;)

Seriously, I was looking at a bit of hardware at the end of last year which cost $120, if I remember correctly. From a UK retailer it was £160 (I didn't get it. The cost was far too high for how much I'd use it).

It does look like it has rectified a little and stabilised back at pretty much 1:1 again at the moment, compared to the end of last year, though, admittedly:

Amazon US for an X52: <strike>$99.95</strike> $89.88
Amazon UK for an X52: <strike>£99.99</strike> £84.99

Or compare the new one:

Gameshark US store: $399.99
Gameshark UK store: £349.99

A little better, but not much.

ryanbatc
February 13th, 2010, 16:45
I hope the price moves.

no kidding.... the Logitech G940 system is only 300 bucks, and includes rudder pedals.

Gibbage
February 13th, 2010, 21:39
I really REALLY dont like the idea of a stick that does not move. Its like one of those technology's that supposed to revolutionize flight controle, but its just too odd, like that Shuttle joystock were the axis point was in the middle of the joystick, modeled after the space shuttle. Was supposed to be more accurate, but nobody could get used too the idea being so far from norm.

As for it being used it fighters, that just seems stupid. We all know how bouncy the air can be. Having every little bounce transmitted too the stick just seems stupid. As someone who rides a motorcycle, I know what its like. The throttle only travles a few MM, so every bump in the road is a blip on the throttle. Now, add turbulance in..... :isadizzy:

CodyValkyrie
February 13th, 2010, 21:46
The original F-16 joystick didn't move. It still doesn't move much, but after many complaints, it was revised to move a little.... It still uses similar technology however.

arrowmaker
February 14th, 2010, 03:59
A little better, but not much.

I know what you mean. For a time I just got used to the fact that if it cost $99 in the US then it would be £99 here in the UK. At the end of the day what can you do? If you want something badly enough and the hiked price being asked for, by a UK vendor, is still cheaper than importing, then you pay. A right pain, but there you go.

The new Saitek DOES look nice, but I'll be keeping my X52 Pro until it falls to bits.