PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy your honey for Vallentine's Day

hey_moe
February 13th, 2010, 03:35
I tried to get this new Honda Accord V6 that she really liked but I found it is really to early in the year to get a good deal. I get double barrels because we were married on Valentine's Day too...lol.How the heck to ya buy for someone who has no wants or needs.Anyway I got her two, one hundred dollar cards to go shopping at her favorite places and a two hundred dollar massage at her favorite place that she goes to. They also pamper and spoil her, do finger nails, toes nails, feed her a good lunch..it soaks up three quarters of her day, but she wuv's it.....oh yeah the love-ee dove-ee cards too :icon_lol:....Mike

BladeRun
February 13th, 2010, 03:39
whoops..thanks for reminding me ;)

harleyman
February 13th, 2010, 03:40
Just a card and Candy..

She has also no wants or needs and will not go to a salon because of what 4 years of steroids have done to her body...

CADFather
February 13th, 2010, 03:55
Since I haven't worked in a while, I didn't have the money to buy anything for her so I'll give her what every woman I know wants. I'll clean the house, do the dishes, do the cooking, wash the clothes, all the normal chores that we usually share, etc., I'll be doing for a month. I gave her the same thing for Christmas and it was a big hit, so I thought that I'd try it again. I got nothing else to give her but my heart and she's already got that.

CAD

MCDesigns
February 13th, 2010, 04:05
I sent the GF a big bouquet of flowers, mostly roses to her office with a teddy bear yesterday. What's the point of the big bouquet if yoiu can't show it off or rub it in the nose of her co-workers, LOL
We'll do the romantic evening deal tonite with me making dinner.

It's pretty sad to see these guys in our stores that only do these kind of things for their women one day out of the year, EVERYDAY should be treated as if it is Valentines.

hey_moe
February 13th, 2010, 04:20
Well said Mike. I use to buy her flowers all the time but have just about stopped.She says after a week or so the fifty buck arrangement is dead. She prefers the rub and shopping gift cards. Even though this weekend is our anniversary she likes going Nags Head on a weekend and take a few days of rest. They waterfront hotels are outrageous this weekend due to V day, but next weekend they really drop.She looks forward to that.

It's pretty sad to see these guys in our stores that only do these kind of things for their women one day out of the year, EVERYDAY should be treated as if it is Valentines.

Chacha
February 13th, 2010, 04:22
I just need a massage....! :icon_lol:

hey_moe
February 13th, 2010, 04:24
Well chet...come on up here....i give ya rub for free :jump:...grins
I just need a massage....! :icon_lol:

HundertzehnGustav
February 13th, 2010, 06:08
no honey, no cash.
easy day.

elcamino
February 13th, 2010, 06:52
She's not really my honey. She's been a great email friend over the years.
She lives in England, I live in North Carolina USA. Needless to say, we have
not met and probably never will.
I sent her a card 10 days ago hopefully it will get there in time. Plus I sent
a Prince Charming Teddy Bear from the Vermont Teddy Bear Company in
Vermont. ( My home state ) The teddy costs $101.00 with postage to get
it here plus another $20.00 to send it to England.
Hopefully, she likes it.

OBIO
February 13th, 2010, 07:59
Part 1:

Two E-Bay purchases. A collectors edition Lucy and Ethel at the chocolate factory figurines and a ceramic trinket box with Lucy and Ricky on it.

Part 2:

When Federal Taxes come in, I will go out and get the best deal I can on a 24 or 26 inch LDC TV for the bedroom, then go shopping for a new sofa for the living room...our current one is worn out and is uncomfortable to sit on for more than a short while.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
February 13th, 2010, 08:20
I used to get my wife a rose for every year that we've been married. I stopped at 24 roses and we're now at 32 years of bliss. Wish I was home to deliver this year's 24 rose bouquet in person, but I'll have to depend on UPS to get it done this time... Again.

cheezyflier
February 13th, 2010, 09:33
Since I haven't worked in a while, I didn't have the money to buy anything for her so I'll give her what every woman I know wants. I'll clean the house, do the dishes, do the cooking, wash the clothes, all the normal chores that we usually share, etc., I'll be doing for a month. I gave her the same thing for Christmas and it was a big hit, so I thought that I'd try it again. I got nothing else to give her but my heart and she's already got that.

CAD

great minds think alike. being in the same situation, i did the same thing at christmas time. the only difference is, i do all the chores around here anyhow, so what i did was make everything hospital clean. usually, i just do what needs doin.
this year i did work for a couple of days a few weeks ago. i held back a few dollars so i could get her a card and a little teddy bear. otherwise anytime i get a few bucks in my hot little hands, it goes either to the wife or her daughter.

Bjoern
February 13th, 2010, 10:54
My hand doesn't need any gifts. :kilroy: :icon_lol:

Ken Stallings
February 13th, 2010, 10:56
17 long stem red roses -- one for each year of our marriage.

mfitch
February 13th, 2010, 13:51
We don't celebrate Valentines day. Some years ago we started celebrating Ground Hog's day. I make a chocolate cheesecake. Typically it lasts all the way through Valentines (just two of us).

Willy
February 13th, 2010, 15:33
One of those giant Hershey's Kisses and took her out to her favorite Chinese restaurant and then shopping. Mrs Willy is not much on cards or flowers, so I do what I can.

Milton Shupe
February 13th, 2010, 15:44
A new dining set and cedar shake siding on the townhouse, plus lunch out just to warm her up ... then ...it's her turn. ;)

tigisfat
February 13th, 2010, 15:46
I'm going to get her a big #$&* and then I'm gonna @#$% for a long time. If she doesn't like it, she can *%$#% my @#$%.:icon_lol:

Hiede
February 13th, 2010, 16:09
Well chet...come on up here....i give ya rub for free :jump:...grins

Moe,

I always knew you were a dirty old man.Wait till your wife finds out and I will tell her all the times you tried to buy me a car and how you wanted me on the cruise.:icon_lol:

Have a Great Valentine's Day and spoil that great Lady you have.I think she deserves it after putting up with you.:jump:

Hiede

strega13
February 13th, 2010, 16:58
me and my wife avoid valentine's days like a plague . i always found pathetic that some people need to be told when they have to celebrate the one they love .
not only that but there is also the whole nascar thing going on in town this weekend so daytona is worse than a freaking zoo these days ... definitely no incentive whatsoever to get out of the house more than truly needed.

HouseHobbit
February 13th, 2010, 17:01
No sweetheart in my life.. I do buy Flowers for my Sister and Mom..
And My Cat, Katastrophe gets kitty treats..

I do have many women as dear friends,
But I do not think it would be proper to send gifts to them..

And I do Hope all.. that do have women and men in their life's share a wonderful Love filled day together..
To all of those who are Blessed with romance..
May God bring to each of you
All the love and Kindness possible..
:applause::applause:

harleyman
February 13th, 2010, 18:39
I must say...You guys do some pretty awsome things for your better half... :applause:

hey_moe
February 13th, 2010, 19:16
I told you guys Hiede was gonna come in here and bust my balls...you thought I was kidding huh....lol :a1089:

Hiede
February 16th, 2010, 15:20
I told you guys Hiede was gonna come in here and bust my balls...you thought I was kidding huh....lol :a1089:

The problem is you love every second of it.

Hiede

hey_moe
February 16th, 2010, 15:33
:icon_lol::icon_lol:
The problem is you love every second of it.

Hiede

Quixoticish
February 16th, 2010, 15:46
Absolutely nothing, we've never understood why some people need a "special day" to celebrate one another and their relationship.

Bjoern
February 16th, 2010, 15:57
No girlfriend, no presents.

Ah, the simple life...*Leans back, crosses hands behind head* :d

Henry
February 16th, 2010, 16:49
i didnt buy anything
but we dont do that stuff anymore
its for the girls, daughter and grand daughter
when we get up in the morning
we hardly know what day it is yet alone our names
did cook dinner though