PDA

View Full Version : Theres times you need to make the good stuff, and a damned good mate to paint it!!!

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 15:45
I'm done, I've finished my FDE of the SU33 or SU27K to the purists, Its the old Fs9 Alphasim model from the kuznetsov, I will share my FDE if its OK! I have no way of contacting Alphasim though but I will say this, its pretty darn accurate if the Big guys say its ok, then I will be able to send it to you guys. It's very good or so I think. And soon to be, well lets not say ( In thick of things) Matt "Smoothie (the Master/ PARA extrodinare) Winn" is working on drawing by hand panel lines on several scheme variant's he'll kill me for this but I love him really haha, this is the best we've got at the moment, I've got the early flankers by Alphasim and I love the SU37 "Terminator which I've also done but I'm not happy enough to give that one away!!" as its not Quite right! But if anyone has got this model and is running FSX Accel and wants the Best FDE for it then I will give you it, I know I know, Warrant has one he likes and Matty and Pam were working on one, but look mines available! So If its ok I will be able to send it to you or who ever wants it! I will not send it though if anyone has a problem with it s parts of the FDE are default Alphasim!

These are default paints by the way, smoothie has yet to give us his treasures yet lol!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

rvn817j
February 12th, 2010, 16:14
That looks great! (I'm an Alphasim customer and if they were to ask me, I would say...."Hell yes, give him permission or whatever he needs to make that plane available to us mortals. Thanks." That's what I would say.)

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 16:26
SOOO glad you said that my friend, bit drunk here lol, here's one more pant wetter lmao!
Can you tell my girlfriend didn't come to my house tonight lmao! She actually tried to land an F18 last week on Over G fighters for the XBOX probs the most crap game ever for us purists, lmao it was really funny haha! lets see her try this on!

warchild
February 12th, 2010, 17:00
You want to contact Mark Harper. he's the copyright holder on the su-33.. I've been using the same model now for over a year working on an fde for the s-37/su-35 with littles success because i dont have the brains to figure out how to program vectored thrust.. I've got a couple videos of where i've gotten with it on youtube ( look for urushira's channel ) But untill i can make that thing rotate horizontally around it's longitudinal axis, i'm not going to be happy with it..
I'm really not meaning to imply anything, but i was under the impression that the SU-37 was originally the S-47 Bearkut. Russian nomenclatures are confusing at best though, so i would greatly appreciate the knowledge..
perhaps, we can share notes, perhaps together find a way around the hurdles and make it real. Gods know its a deserving enough aircraft..
Pam

rvn817j
February 12th, 2010, 17:34
SOOO glad you said that my friend, bit drunk here lol, here's one more pant wetter lmao!
Can you tell my girlfriend didn't come to my house tonight lmao! She actually tried to land an F18 last week on Over G fighters for the XBOX probs the most crap game ever for us purists, lmao it was really funny haha! letts ee her try this on!
You just made me LMAO!

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 18:22
You want to contact Mark Harper. he's the copyright holder on the su-33.. I've been using the same model now for over a year working on an fde for the s-37/su-35 with littles success because i dont have the brains to figure out how to program vectored thrust.. I've got a couple videos of where i've gotten with it on youtube ( look for urushira's channel ) But untill i can make that thing rotate horizontally around it's longitudinal axis, i'm not going to be happy with it..
I'm really not meaning to imply anything, but i was under the impression that the SU-37 was originally the S-47 Bearkut. Russian nomenclatures are confusing at best though, so i would greatly appreciate the knowledge..
perhaps, we can share notes, perhaps together find a way around the hurdles and make it real. Gods know its a deserving enough aircraft..
Pam

Thats why I chose the SU33 and not the vectored models, the 37 check youtube for the (SU37 Terminator) I have got about 160 degrees of pitch before all hell breaks loose Pam, but with this bird I think I've got it as its pretty straight forward I mean you can cobra at any angle without that unpleasant buffet plus the power hasn't been modified do it's still around the 27'000lbs mark!

If we can speak again through Matt's comp thing, I'd love you to try it my friend!

I also think that vectoring thrust just is imposable in FSX at this time, there just isn't any way of moving the trust in the aircraft.cfg, 3D I mean or 2D we can make nozzles move but not put the thrust out of them! Strange though I can rudder Yaw almost 360 in it, at least with my SU37 I mean, I think that maybe the key???? ( I can even draw a heart), it was luck but I'll show you if I can!

P.S. you got Marks addy please?

warchild
February 12th, 2010, 19:13
i think you n me are looking at the same thing the same way.. its very frustrating to not be able to move the thrust vectoring, but i can set it over a runway marker and almost rotate around it standing still with the ruddder alone.. may be as close as we get though.. I still need to re-invent its ability to flip on its back while maintaining level flight, but thats going to take some delicate surgery with the canard and elevator numbers..
right now, i'm working on the pitch.. This plane seems to float like a cloud when you go hyper-slow and do any kind of maneuvering at all.. i've learned a whole bunch since the last time i worked on her but i'm still not certain i could pull it off alone.. The videos i have on the youtube site are the pre-alpha test and fde alphs 0.21, which is maybe six revisions and a pound of hair pulling later..
Mark, the last i spoke with him, was planning on updating the model he did for alphasim, and re-releasing it for fsx, but thats an su-33. Maybe if we're real real nice, and i try not to look too disgusting with the batting of my eyes bit, A2A can join us on this, and their gurus of accusim can help us fnd a way to simulate vectored thrust using systems to do it.. doesnt matter to me if they do it or someone else or if i do it myself. this is far too important of an aircraft to simply fall by the wayside. Its the airplane that made the world take a healthy dump and i kinda like that..

it's like, make no doubt about it, we can modle any aircraft in the US arsenal with little problem, because the US uses 2D vectoring only, but this plane is a major pain in the arse.. i love it..

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 19:25
Well that woud for sure be a break through Pam, however I very much doubt that lol, I constantly tweak the FDE for this bird and I as you have found we cannot do a full backflip I can pitch it like at most 270 then she starts to sink like a rock, and I kick in the full burner to recover followed by forward stick to kill the stall, I'm yet to find any aircraft that will backflip without that horrible yaw occilation you get, left and right, left and right, I've killed that on this FDE but your still not getting that full 360 single or 720 double flip with it although I have cured the occilation at extreme high alpha's for exteneded periods, still we plough on lol, one day we will crack it, I'm sure that rudder yaw might be the key for the 360 perhaps inverted but I doubt it! Thats just Nonsense actually lol!

I hope we can speak more about this! Please pm me and I will send you my FDE and likewise I'd like to try yours because I'm sure we have got certain area's right on it and others wrong, I'm talking about the 33 here and not the 37 which is a whole other kettle of fish!

Regards PETE!

warchild
February 12th, 2010, 19:41
::chuckles:; i've been working on the 35/37, but it has a lot in common with the 33. let me run a quick tst here ( i just completely obliterated my ability to pitch accidently so now i gotta find out what i did.. ) and i'll get that PM to you.. maybe between the two of us, we can come up with a couple of great planes..

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 19:51
I've actually had a crazy idea, but it is nutts so I'm not sure, plus I wouldn't know how too do it lol, its 4.50 am so I'll get back to you but if you pm me an email addy I will send you my FDE tonight!

warchild
February 12th, 2010, 20:32
crazy ideas often arent as crazy as they seem :)..
On the su-33 the canards act as a counter stabilizer to keep the plane level to its flight path. on the 35 theres a good possibility that they are active but i havent seen evidence one way or the other about that so i'm treating them as if they are active just in case..
If you want to talk about crazy ideas, look at the su-30mkh/su-35. Its chief designer when interviewed stated that they designed he plane using a discipline called dynamic instability.. Dynamic instability is what you find on the leading edge of a storm front. Its a weather condition.. your ideas cant be any nuttier than that, and that particular idea created perhaps the most maneuverable aircraft in history..

Cag40Navy
February 13th, 2010, 05:37
wow, this would be interesting and mabye find a away to allow vector thrust..... :salute::jump: :applause:

warchild
February 13th, 2010, 11:12
We have to remove our minds from the physical realm as flight modelers.. Instead of pratt and whitneys powering our plane, its numbers.. FSX still gives us access to pitch roll yaw and coupled yaw ( producing a vectored force that is in a direction away from the flight path and the intended change of state.). it is theoretically possible to program vectored thrust into an fde by using a balance between these forces in the air file and config file, but that balance is extremely difficult to achieve.. But that dont mean i aint gonna keep tryin either ::LOL::