PDA

View Full Version : Jumper needs a lift

N332DW
November 5th, 2008, 05:19
sure wish someone could add a platform with ramp in one of their helo's , I have a jumper that needs a lift , and perhaps i should put a hoist attachpoint on his head.

used some visibilty xml from FFDS to animate the chute open-

Daube
November 5th, 2008, 06:02
A parachute ? A real parachute jumper that first drops in freefall and then opens the parachute ?
You are my hero !
I waited for such an addon for years, you are the true successor to Captain Slug (who did such a system for FS98!)

Two remarks (from a real freefaller ;) )

- in this model, the wires are attached to the hands. This is incorrect, they should be attached to 4 straps (front right, rear right, front left and rear left), which are attached to the parachute bag in two points (left and right) over the shoulder of the guy

- there should be a piece of tissue right over the haed of the guy, a, horizontal square with 4 holes at the angles, the 4 groups of wires pass through those holes. This piece of tissue is suppose to slow down the opening of the parachute.

I can't wait trying this stuff now ! What kind of flight model did you use ?

Lionheart
November 5th, 2008, 06:38
Looks pretty cool, DW!

Would be interesting to do Halo night drops, landing stealthly at a castle in Europe. :d

Bill

N332DW
November 5th, 2008, 07:18
he comes with red smoke and a strobe , i'll post him now.. do human beings have VC's?

Daube
November 5th, 2008, 07:33
he comes with red smoke and a strobe , i'll post him now.. do human beings have VC's?
Yes they have, for monitoring their various instruments, like arms, legs, or parachute... This model NEEDS a VC for a realistic view while flying.

N332DW
November 5th, 2008, 08:05
uploaded, http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=129844
it has an interior model ( your arms and legs and such) but only a compass and altimeter in the 2d cockpit - keep in mind i did this in about 14 hours - but its free , also he'll do about 11 kts on pavement after a minute or so but he gets stuck on dirt, i suppose you could CTRL+F on a player for simulating a drop , but i really would like to board a helo and jump out , just need a platform in the model - the LCAC is almost finished. caught a ride on it yesterday in a challenger II tank and even at 50 KTS the ride wasn't too bad , even for FSRecorder

p.s. dang i just put it up 5 minutes ago and it lready has 4 downloads

kilo delta
November 5th, 2008, 08:44
Cheers:ernae:....must test him off the ramp of my CS C-130X:d

michael davies
November 5th, 2008, 08:59
uploaded, http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=129844
it has an interior model ( your arms and legs and such) but only a compass and altimeter in the 2d cockpit - keep in mind i did this in about 14 hours - but its free , also he'll do about 11 kts on pavement after a minute or so but he gets stuck on dirt, i suppose you could CTRL+F on a player for simulating a drop , but i really would like to board a helo and jump out , just need a platform in the model - the LCAC is almost finished. caught a ride on it yesterday in a challenger II tank and even at 50 KTS the ride wasn't too bad , even for FSRecorder

p.s. dang i just put it up 5 minutes ago and it lready has 4 downloads

That LCAC, is it an AI ?, if so you gotta time getting on board just right LOL, I presume the ramp goes up and down to let you on board, and finally one final question, if its AI how did you get it to go 50 Knts, I thought the limit was 25 knts, and when it turns corners does it still slow to 7 knts, make the turn and speed up, that really drives me nuts on carriers !. I'm still trying to make elevators lift planes up and down, just need a trigger of some sort to trigger the elevator from within the plane, in previous scenery I think you could trigger airfield lights from the plane or other animations too ?.

Best

Michael

Roger
November 5th, 2008, 09:12
:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Jumper.jpg

Killbilly
November 5th, 2008, 09:15
I'm still trying to make elevators lift planes up and down, just need a trigger of some sort to trigger the elevator from within the plane, in previous scenery I think you could trigger airfield lights from the plane or other animations too ?.

Best

Michael

I remember a scenery object package that had hangar doors opening and closing in FS9 with certain NAV radio frequencies. It seems like the same thing could be done in FSX with elevators. Just a thought. :kilroy:

N332DW
November 5th, 2008, 09:32
how did i catch the ride on the LCAC? - first i used FSRecorder with the LCAC (it's an aircraft not scenery), waited about 30 seconds for some boarding time , twitched the rudders to signal getting underway, then headed for the AI carrier thats KNTU on friday at 4:30 pm , came back to shore , beached , stopped and waited for a lil offload time - stop recording...

then came back in this time with the tank , opened FSRecorder and chose playback as traffic - doink theres the LCAC - drove aboard and went for a cruise-

the deck and loading ramps are 1 platform geometry , so you can still get aboard even tho the animated ramps are up ( cheater!) it's a pity that the SDK will not allow platforms to be animated - once the VC is done i'll post the LCAC and hopefully will find someone in Multiplayer that wants to do some amphibious assaults - here's a scenario .... tank boards LCAC , LCAC goes to sea and Boards and LST that also has a platform , 1 player carries a player, carrying a player - wicked

S
November 5th, 2008, 10:16
Sweet, oh and thanks for the X-Wing too. Awesome stuff!

JT8D-9A
November 5th, 2008, 10:22
Oh i love innovations and creativeness like that. Many thanks! :applause::applause:
Would it be possible to make a free fall animation (maybe assigned to the spoiler key)?
I use the sound of the DG808S and i disabled the GPWS ([GPWS]
max_warning_height = -1 //No need for GPWS).

I'm already using your LCACs for boat traffic and i'm looking forward to your FSX version. Thanks again!:medals::applause:

S
November 5th, 2008, 10:59
LOL I'm loving this.

http://www.mastersmithy.com/FS/other/Chute04.jpg

http://www.mastersmithy.com/FS/other/Chute03.jpg

http://www.mastersmithy.com/FS/other/Chute02.jpg

http://www.mastersmithy.com/FS/other/Chute01.jpg

michael davies
November 5th, 2008, 11:05
how did i catch the ride on the LCAC? - first i used FSRecorder with the LCAC (it's an aircraft not scenery), waited about 30 seconds for some boarding time , twitched the rudders to signal getting underway, then headed for the AI carrier thats KNTU on friday at 4:30 pm , came back to shore , beached , stopped and waited for a lil offload time - stop recording...

then came back in this time with the tank , opened FSRecorder and chose playback as traffic - doink theres the LCAC - drove aboard and went for a cruise-

the deck and loading ramps are 1 platform geometry , so you can still get aboard even tho the animated ramps are up ( cheater!) it's a pity that the SDK will not allow platforms to be animated - once the VC is done i'll post the LCAC and hopefully will find someone in Multiplayer that wants to do some amphibious assaults - here's a scenario .... tank boards LCAC , LCAC goes to sea and Boards and LST that also has a platform , 1 player carries a player, carrying a player - wicked

Why cant platforms be animated ?, surely you just need a platform_nnn_1 part than link that to the animated part in the hierarchy, technically the platform isn't animated but the part its tagged to is, that should work just fine ?, I've yet to try the practice, I've a platform split off from the main deck for the elevator, as a simple test I could animate the ramp on some sort of tick18 timer so it goes up and down all the time with say a 30 second pause top and bottom to allow you to get on and off, only problem with aircraft is that they don't manoeuvre very well and I don't think you can use push back on a moving AI target.

Thanks for the rest, didn't know about FSrecorder, you could try in multiplayer, get your mate to play LCAC and come and pick you up, would that work ?, or make the LCAC part of a mission scenario ?.

Best

Michael

N332DW
November 5th, 2008, 12:29
I've already tried the platform linked to animation trick - the animation is fine but the platform doesn't move , even when watching it in Gmax - no joy for me

i believe i read that it wasn't possible to reposition(animate) a platform at either FSdeveloper or FSinsider but that was awhile ago when i was trying to solve the elevator problem -

and the LCAC is for multiplayer

Finally those are some really nice pics Y'all are puttin up , perhaps i should have repainted the jumper as a civilian

Railrunner130
November 7th, 2008, 18:10
I wonder if you could get him a tow using a glider tug??

EgoR64
November 9th, 2008, 08:30
:jump::jump:

Super Fun !!

Many Thanks !! :ernae:

I keep thinking how fun it would be to have Jumpers bust out of a DC-3 in a D-Day Invasion !! That would be fun !! :applause::d

Cheers !!