PDA

View Full Version : T-38

UKMIL
February 12th, 2010, 06:39
out soon

hews500d
February 12th, 2010, 07:12
That's a pleasant surprise! Where are we going to be able to get it?

Darrell

kilo delta
February 12th, 2010, 08:00
Great news......I'm sure that JMiG will be pleased too!:applause:

joanvalley
February 12th, 2010, 08:39
Nice looking bird there, but I believe the T-38 doesn't have the main wings extended at the front (LEX), that started with the F-5A design. The wings go straight into the fuse following the same angle at the leading edge from tip to fuselage joint. Also, it doesn't have slats, that started also with the F-5A if I'm not mistaken. Good job nevertheless!

Jose.

LonelyplanetXO
February 12th, 2010, 08:57
Hi there, I know I'm in the FSX forum so perhaps my post is out of order, but is there any chance of an FS9 version? That bird - your's looks great btw - is my all time fav FS model. I still fly the now years old FSD Talon on a regular basis. I appreciate FSX is easier to build for but there's still a huge number of FS9 users who for various reasons haven't or won't convert. You haven't stated if it's freeware or payware (payware I assume) - I for one would buy an FS9 version. Anyways, good luck with the project.

LonelyplanetXO

UKMIL
February 12th, 2010, 09:20
Nice looking bird there, but I believe the T-38 doesn't have the main wings extended at the front (LEX), that started with the F-5A design. The wings go straight into the fuse following the same angle at the leading edge from tip to fuselage joint. Also, it doesn't have slats, that started also with the F-5A if I'm not mistaken. Good job nevertheless!

Jose.

easy fixed!

DaveKDEN
February 12th, 2010, 09:23

Jose.

Good eyes - you are correct Sir!

joanvalley
February 12th, 2010, 09:45
easy fixed!

You know, now comes to mind that if you change the exhausts with the wings as they are, you've got the F-5B! Congrats mate!

Jose.

UKMIL
February 12th, 2010, 09:52
indeed but we want the T-38, so the wing roots and slats are now gone

aris11b
February 12th, 2010, 10:04
Any possible chance to get a stock NASA texture with this...I've always loved the T-38, not to mention I"m only a 4 minute drive to {KEFD - Ellington Airfield} and get to see them flying all the time.

Nice to see a FSX T-38...once again UKMIL..go figure

Great JOB guys......THANK YOU in advance

Cheers
Ari

DaveKDEN
February 12th, 2010, 10:19
She looks fantastic! Based on the cockpit in the top left sceenie, looks like you're modeling a T-38C.

Dave

Bjoern
February 12th, 2010, 10:40
Coolio! :applause:

fsafranek
February 12th, 2010, 11:33
Any possible chance to get a stock NASA texture with this...I've always loved the T-38, not to mention I"m only a 4 minute drive to {KEFD - Ellington Airfield} and get to see them flying all the time.
A "stock" NASA version requires a different panel layout as well as some different antennas.
Applying different paint doesn't make it a different aircraft. JMHO :-)
:ernae:

peter12213
February 12th, 2010, 15:14
External looks up to scratch for definate, whats the vc like though? If that is anything as good as the external then this is a keeper as I'm both an Alphasim F5 and Aerosoft/Flylogic TigerX - Patrouile Suisse pilot so I hope you do this airframe credit, though once released as its freeware I wouldn't complain, but please make this better than your normal stuff as I find UKMIL, a bit well, disapointing to say the least!

Regards Pete!!!

kilo delta
February 13th, 2010, 04:20
Thanks again,Ukmil....I'm looking forward to it's release.:)

I'm not too fussed on the VC as I could also use the Alphasim, Flylogic or Piglet's F-5 pit....or maybe even the Iris F-20.:jump:

hey_moe
February 13th, 2010, 04:34
Yeah buddy...looks great to me....who do I send my credit card to...Mike

Bjoern
February 13th, 2010, 10:31
I'm not too fussed on the VC as I could also use the Alphasim, Flylogic or Piglet's F-5 pit....or maybe even the Iris F-20.:jump:

Piglet's Tiger VC would work, however what's the point of an exterior model with a glassy pit and an all-steam VC?

The Tigershark is a FS9 model, so you can't use its VC.

Not sure about the models from Flylogic and Alphasim.

simkid22
February 13th, 2010, 14:08
The Tigershark is a FS9 model, so you can't use its VC.

There was a native release of the F-20 so you can use the VC if you have the update. The Flylogic and Alpha birds have native models so if you have them you can transplant their VCs.

jmig
February 13th, 2010, 15:46
out soon

Thank you SIR!

This will go well with my pit. May I make a request? Have a VC without the panel. You know one where you can see the sides if you turn your head but, looking forward there is no VC in the way. I have a sim pit that has all the gauges. This would be beautiful!

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 05:12
External looks up to scratch for definate, whats the vc like though? If that is anything as good as the external then this is a keeper as I'm both an Alphasim F5 and Aerosoft/Flylogic TigerX - Patrouile Suisse pilot so I hope you do this airframe credit, though once released as its freeware I wouldn't complain, but please make this better than your normal stuff as I find UKMIL, a bit well, disapointing to say the least!

Regards Pete!!!
Pete,

Unfortuantly, I don't care. I have learned a LOT in the last year, from the Flightsim Community. I CANNOT, and now WILL not please everyone. At the end of the day, this model is FREEWARE, so no credit card needed, so you will get what I release. I am fed up with people saying UKMIL Models are crap. So what, who gives a crap, why do you not do a better one for free???
so to everyone who bitches about UKMIL, I dont really care. If I was a PAYWARE group and needed your cash to survive, I would, but i dont, so I make these models in my own time and will release what I want to release in whatever condition I want to.
RANT over, onto other parts

the VC is being modelled too, and will be shown soon, but this is a quick snapshot

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 05:14
one major area lacking in this is the FDE's.

I am no expert in FDE's, so I have added the UKMIL HAWK FDE's, added an engine, and afterburners. Other than that, it is what it is. If there are any FDE experts who want to have a crack at this, come over to UKMIL and contact me:applause:

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 05:15
Thank you SIR!

This will go well with my pit. May I make a request? Have a VC without the panel. You know one where you can see the sides if you turn your head but, looking forward there is no VC in the way. I have a sim pit that has all the gauges. This would be beautiful!

this is something I can look at yes:applause:

Railrunner130
February 14th, 2010, 05:28
Pete,

Unfortuantly, I don't care. I have learned a LOT in the last year, from the Flightsim Community. I CANNOT, and now WILL not please everyone. At the end of the day, this model is FREEWARE, so no credit card needed, so you will get what I release. I am fed up with people saying UKMIL Models are crap. So what, who gives a crap, why do you not do a better one for free???
so to everyone who bitches about UKMIL, I dont really care. If I was a PAYWARE group and needed your cash to survive, I would, but i dont, so I make these models in my own time and will release what I want to release in whatever condition I want to.
RANT over, onto other parts

the VC is being modelled too, and will be shown soon, but this is a quick snapshot

Smart move. Gotta have a thick skin for this hobby.

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 05:30
Smart move. Gotta have a thick skin for this hobby.

indeed mate, I got sick of people like this last year, constantly slagging off., what is in the end, something for FREE! so I grew my thick skin, now i could not care if you like it or not, dont use it, it make NO difference to me at all!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tweek
February 14th, 2010, 05:49
Certainly looks like one of your better models! Perhaps one small bit of cricitism would be that some of the panel lines look rather thick/strong, especially on top of the wings. Might look a bit better if the effect was reduced a little?

flewpastu
February 14th, 2010, 06:49
Regardless what anyone thinks I appreciate you doing this bird, no one has attempted to redo this bird and what a great aircraft it is. Thanks for the effort and am looking forward to its release. I just wish I had the talent that some folks around here have to EVEN do a aircraft or helo. My thanks for simmers like you and others that are to many to mention. Bill :guinness:

Quicksand
February 14th, 2010, 07:04
I really like this model, and I have about every UKMIL model ever released in either FS9 or FSX. This one is drop-dead gorgeous.:jump::applause: I'm looking forward to this one very much. UKMIL, your efforts are very much appreciated by the community..:icon29::guinness::salute::medals:

Cag40Navy
February 14th, 2010, 07:10
Thanks UKMIL, you really have made some really nice freeware crafts!
i do have one question, will this be a 2 seater or just a front seater VC?

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 07:11
it is good to see postive comments. I dont mind negative ones, as long as they do not just say, 'its crap' without any reasson

Cag40Navy
February 14th, 2010, 07:15
thanks, UKMIL, will this aircraft allow you to sit in front and back?

UKMIL
February 14th, 2010, 07:33
thanks, UKMIL, will this aircraft allow you to sit in front and back?

yes, by the use of 'camera definitions'

Cag40Navy
February 14th, 2010, 07:39
sweet! oh, if its not to much, one more question. will the gauges work in the back seat as well as switches?

Thanks again UKMIL for making a great aircraft! :jump:

Warrant
February 14th, 2010, 08:35
Was about time someone did a good T-38. UKMIL; also for this aircraft contribution by your hand this harsh comment:
JOB WELL DONE, MATE! MUCH APPRECIATED HERE :medals::medals::medals:

UKVoodoo
February 14th, 2010, 12:47

Regards Pete!!!

I find the UKMIL models along way away from been anything remotely disappointing but I do find your models pete disappointing

Warrant
February 14th, 2010, 13:31
Do know UKMIL's models, did not know Pete does some as well? What birds by his hand?
UKMIL has filled a good part of my hangars for a while now, stuff that is there to stay!:icon29:

UKVoodoo
February 14th, 2010, 14:07
None and that whats its aimed at he's bad mouthing a freeware model when he hasnt created any himself! :isadizzy:

CG_1976
February 14th, 2010, 14:07
Do know UKMIL's models, did not know Pete does some as well? What birds by his hand?
UKMIL has filled a good part of my hangars for a while now, stuff that is there to stay!:icon29:
:salute::salute::salute:Agree 110%

DX-FMJ
February 15th, 2010, 09:33
Thanks UKMIL, looking great!

UKMIL
February 15th, 2010, 10:33
:wavey:thanks all

we have a further 15 skins to add to the one above, and the VC is coming along nicely

fsafranek
February 15th, 2010, 10:37
So who made the model? :icon_lol:

UKMIL
February 15th, 2010, 10:55
well, for once, it was not me. We have 2 new team members one who 3dsmax's the models, and one who adds the skins, I then simply FSX them through Gmax:isadizzy:

rsgunner
February 15th, 2010, 11:00
Is the paint kit going to be released to the general public?

Or do you have to be a paid member of UKMIL?

Russ

UKMIL
February 15th, 2010, 11:08
it depends if a paintkit is made. I am not involved with the Painting of this one, so I am not sure how the painter is doing them

rsgunner
February 15th, 2010, 11:18
I certainly hope one is made and it is released to those that are interested in producing additional textures.

Russ

FastCargo
February 15th, 2010, 12:15
UKMIL,

If you have questions on the T-38C (or any T-38 version), you can contact me. I'm current and qualified in the T-38, and have about 3200 hours in it, with about 700 hours in the C model.

Also, I'm the creator of the MAX file (as you know - thanks for the credit on your website :) ) and I can answer any concerns. Just be aware that the original MAX file I created was to make 3 versions of the T-38 plus 2 versions of the F-5B, so there are a lot of parts that don't really exist on the C model.

FC

jmig
February 15th, 2010, 14:03
UKMIL,

If you have questions on the T-38C (or any T-38 version), you can contact me. I'm current and qualified in the T-38, and have about 3200 hours in it, with about 700 hours in the C model.

Also, I'm the creator of the MAX file (as you know - thanks for the credit on your website :) ) and I can answer any concerns. Just be aware that the original MAX file I created was to make 3 versions of the T-38 plus 2 versions of the F-5B, so there are a lot of parts that don't really exist on the C model.

FC

WooooHHooooo a White Rocket Driver. OK, so they are no longer white. Welcome to SOH my friend. I am one of those old guys who still remembers fondly the T-38 from UPT days. I wish I had had you around when I was building my simulator cockpit. LOL

I am really looking forward to your T-38. The "C" model would be a blast.

ijay
February 15th, 2010, 14:35
Nice:applause:

DennyA
February 15th, 2010, 16:14
though once released as its freeware I wouldn't complain, but please make this better than your normal stuff as I find UKMIL, a bit well, disapointing to say the least!
On behalf of the rest of the flight sim community, I'd like to apologize for Pete.

Pete, if you're disappointed, delete it, but please don't badmouth a plane someone's spent dozens or hundreds of hours on and then provided to the community for free.

(Geeze, I thought you Brits were supposed to be all cultured and proper and stuff!)

I personally can't wait for this! Anyone ever build the 1/72 Hasegawa model? I remember you had to xacto off the wing roots since they used some of the same parts for an F-5B model. (This would have been, oh, 1974 or so. :)

SIMAF74
February 15th, 2010, 18:02
Thanks Denny for your statement, such statement is the one that encourages us to continue creating quality addons on our free time for the community,
I usually do not post on forums however, as you said many hours have been spent on that aircraft, for the external model thanks to Fastcargo (your work is the best that could have ever be done on the T-38C and on top of that it's a freeware) , myself working on, interior adjustments, the VC and the 2D panel, Rooster working countless hours to deliver quality liveries for the model and UKMIL (Gaffer) which makes it possible to deliver a quality finished product to the entire community. For Pete, this time, as I initially stated I generally do no post on forums, but your lack of education made me blow a gasket. I guess the only way you could fill your thirst would be either through joining the Patrouille suisse "reelle" or by becoming a real combat pilot. However don't you ever spill your frustration on things you would never be able to create yourself. By the same token, nobody ever put a gun on your head to download it. "Intelligence is like a parachute, if you don't have any... you crash!". Just because of that I would never fly with you virtually or in reality, and I FLEW as a WSO so I know what I am talking about.

This aircraft is the fruit of an exciting cooperation for us all simmers and it is just the beginning of more to come.

fsafranek
February 15th, 2010, 21:53
This aircraft is the fruit of an exciting cooperation for us all simmers and it is just the beginning of more to come.
I hope there might be some Mirage in there along the lines of what you've been
showing me over the past few years. And you've got a good Mirage painter in
the crew already. You can never have too many Mirage. :icon_lol:

:ernae:

UKMIL
February 16th, 2010, 01:11
I was passed the Mirage last year by the team, but could not commit the time to complete it. It may well appear again soon

daisan
February 16th, 2010, 01:55
I was passed the Mirage last year by the team, but could not commit the time to complete it. It may well appear again soon

Mirage? What mirage?

Thank you!

kilo delta
February 16th, 2010, 02:48
I'd like to put in a request for a native Harrier GR3 or SHAR from Ukmil ,if it's in any way possible?:ernae: :)

myles
February 16th, 2010, 03:39
Mirage? What mirage?

Thank you!

Don't worry - it's just an illusion! :)

Myles

Dino Cattaneo
February 16th, 2010, 05:00
@UKMIL / T38 team

This new T-38 is looking very good. I know the efforts needed to create a good FSX plane - and I recognize the quality of this work. The fact it will be freeware is simply fantastic. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to fly it.

Daveroo
February 16th, 2010, 07:13
will this be one of the plane you have to pay the website to be a member before you can have the plane? if so..what is the cost to join?

strykerpsg
February 16th, 2010, 07:16
UKMIL does require membership, but it was a very modest amount, $5.00 I believe. The amount was well worth all the files they have available in their depository.

Matt

UKMIL
February 16th, 2010, 08:32
no, the system we run at UKMIL has two different memberships

the standard FREE membership gives you access to all the freeware [post beta phase] releases, and around 80% of our forum

You can also pay for the LIFETIME membership of 9.99 GBP, which gives you 100% forum access, along with 24/7 use of our FSINN and Teamspeak Servers. It also gives you access to ALL our aircraft and products during the BETA TESTING phase, where you report issues, and we can fix them before general freeware release. Paid members also get access to other items such as paintkits, and ground vehicles etc that will never been released on the freeware market

SO, you Can be a free member, just register on the website, then sit tight and wait. The T38 and others will be released eventually to the masses, after beta phase. But if you want the BETA versions as they go along, simply sign up for a paid membership:wiggle:

Daveroo
February 16th, 2010, 10:01
no, the system we run at UKMIL has two different memberships

the standard FREE membership gives you access to all the freeware [post beta phase] releases, and around 80% of our forum

You can also pay for the LIFETIME membership of 9.99 GBP, which gives you 100% forum access, along with 24/7 use of our FSINN and Teamspeak Servers. It also gives you access to ALL our aircraft and products during the BETA TESTING phase, where you report issues, and we can fix them before general freeware release. Paid members also get access to other items such as paintkits, and ground vehicles etc that will never been released on the freeware market

SO, you Can be a free member, just register on the website, then sit tight and wait. The T38 and others will be released eventually to the masses, after beta phase. But if you want the BETA versions as they go along, simply sign up for a paid membership:wiggle:

seems worth the dime to pay up..:jump: im looking forward to this plane

UKMIL
February 16th, 2010, 10:13
as we say, there is no need to pay, you will get the t38, along with all other models after BETA phase. But Club members do benefit from extra support forums, online flight servers, and member only files

DX-FMJ
February 16th, 2010, 12:15

Pete "Javelin", mate its free!

jmig
February 16th, 2010, 13:56
What is the url to the UKMIL site?

djscoo
February 16th, 2010, 14:03
What is the url to the UKMIL site?
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/news.php

Bjoern
February 16th, 2010, 14:47
There was a native release of the F-20 so you can use the VC if you have the update. The Flylogic and Alpha birds have native models so if you have them you can transplant their VCs.

Ah, didn't know that.

Well, it's good that devs are riding the "native" train more frequently, even for their older products. :applause: