PDA

View Full Version : Please look at the lower area of the main forum

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 02:07
This is what we had yesterday >> Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 1,114 << If you start checking everyday this is about the round about member each day. We still need 1530.00 to finish the update and get both of the servers up and going. The newest part of the site will be on line flying, at no charge. Most other sites don't offer this and we are still doing it for free. Ickie has been generous and gave all the payware planes out at NC to the members. We got two more weeks to get this done. I know some in here are unemployed and have finical problem, which we all have been their at some time of out life, I fully understand that. But 95% of the members should be able to afford five bucks. Thank goodness we still have members that fork out 50 to a 100.00 to pay for all the non payers. But is it really fair. I can't stand to ask for money from our members, but I am asking for your help one more time. Ickie and I were talking the other day and I said we should either start charging for membership or the on line flying for non-paying members and guest. He was a hundred percent against this and said SOH has never charged to come in here or for membership. Come on guys...let close this and get it over with...thanks for your support, Mike

harleyman
February 12th, 2010, 02:33
I agree...If all could just give 5 bucks a year, then SOH would be in great shape, running the latest software to keep us protected and hacker free..

Guys and Gals..its a small price to pay for what Ickie has put together for our enjoyment.

And out own dedicated online flight server..How cool is that...We will soon pass into the worlds biggest and greatest Flight Sim Forum, and you will have helped and can take much pride in that..

So,,Come On 5 Bucks??? I loose more than that on a good week..LOL

Thanks all..

hews500d
February 12th, 2010, 06:35
C'mon guys, 5 bucks won't even buy a meal at Mickey D's anymore so surely to goodness if possible everyone could contribute just a 'lil bit.

I'll be kicking another 5 or 10 your way later today.

Darrell

nio
February 12th, 2010, 08:42
Hey Moe /Ickie

My apologies for the late response

£25 sterling paid today.

Here is hoping you get to the required total soon.

best

nio

doublecool
February 12th, 2010, 09:40
:salute: Thanks for the heads up :running: what I can headin your way :kilroy:

Spilot69
February 12th, 2010, 10:36
sent a little from me!

Nick C
February 12th, 2010, 10:58
Just threw a little more into the pot. I'd like to do more, but things are a little 'tight' here right now.

jankees
February 12th, 2010, 12:02
and another contribution has been made

rvn817j
February 12th, 2010, 12:14
I already kicked in, but it wasn't as much as you. So, if you tell me what 25 Sterling is in U.S. dollars, I'll increase my contribution to match you.

nio
February 12th, 2010, 13:07
The amount is not important.It is the something ,however small, as long as it comes from the many who, like me, frequent here which will see this done.

best

nio

:salute:

stiz
February 12th, 2010, 13:30
$750 to go!! nearly there!

warchild
February 12th, 2010, 13:32
Gods this makes me feel bad, but truth told, if i told you good folks about my financial situation, it would sound like the world greatest sob story or the biggest chunk of baloney ever sliced.. If you can give me till the third of march i can help a little, but today and the rest of the month is somewhat beyond grim around here..
Always..
Pam

rvn817j
February 12th, 2010, 13:41
But, with that said,
1 British pound = 1.5668 U.S. dollars (12 FEB 2010)

So, I'm sending more (in fact doubling down)!

Ickie, and all the guys and gals here that help make this site great for FSX pilots, deserve it!

I hope, when they get the online flying server up and running, someone will post how it's done and I get a chance to fly with some of you.:gameon:
P.S. Pam, we all contribute in our own ways and without you some of my favorite aircraft wouldn't fly in FSX.

ryanbatc
February 12th, 2010, 14:59
Where's the link? I helped BB out last month.... I'd like to make a donation.... but I can't find the link

anthony31
February 12th, 2010, 15:28
Where's the link? I helped BB out last month.... I'd like to make a donation.... but I can't find the link

Look at the menu at the top left of this page and you should see a Paypal Donation (between Private messages and FAQ and below Blogs).

Sent of my $14.34 (just happened to have 14.34usd in the paypal account).

ryanbatc
February 12th, 2010, 15:38
Ahh....there it is thanks!

mikew
February 12th, 2010, 15:40
$20 more into the coffers. I really am glad to help... love this site. With all the changes and new stuff it's even better. I've got to start participating more instead of just lurking about. This is the best group of folks on the web today!

Ickie and all... thanks for all the work you do for us!

Mike

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 16:54
What our members don't understand is no matter what ......Ron will still get this done. What I don't like about that is he is on a fixed income and has no business what so ever paying for the rest of this for our enjoyment. It's bad enough he works for free all day for us starting just about 5:00am, and also gets beat up when ever SOH farts wrong. But this should have already been done. I know we have the same members pulling the weight for SOH, because like Ron said...the same regular members that have come through are the same ones paying the bill. I feel if every member put out five bucks this would have been done a while back. I'm not asking the visitors to pay five bucks, just the standard members. I'm not fussing here, but SOH went the extra mile to get this on line flying, which has been in the works for a while....and again for everybody to enjoy for free....Mike:wavey:

VFR Reviews
February 12th, 2010, 19:49
Guys, is it possible to send a physical cheque or money order?

daytonite_andy
February 13th, 2010, 01:46
Donation sent...enjoy..and keep up the good work!

nio
February 13th, 2010, 23:59
:bump:

stiz
February 14th, 2010, 01:12
Guys, is it possible to send a physical cheque or money order?

yup :)

Snail Mail:
American/Canada Users:
Make Checks and Money Orders Payable To: Ron Larson
Send To:
Ron Larson
2424 50th Ave. N. Lot 157
St. Petersburg, Fl. 33714
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Our European Users:
NOTE: USD/Euros in cash cheques in GBP only
Make cheques out to: John R Tucker
Send to:
John R Tucker
6 St Catherines Close
Belmont Hill
Douglas
Isle of Man
IM1 4HY