PDA

View Full Version : Please look at the lower area of the main forum

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 01:51
This is what we had yesterday >> Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 1,114 << If you start checking everyday this is about the round about member each day. We still need 1530.00 to finish the update and get both of the servers up and going. The newest part of the site will be on line flying, at no charge. Most other sites don't offer this and we are still doing it for free. Ickie has been generous and gave all the payware planes out at NC to the members. We got two more weeks to get this done. I know some in here are unemployed and have finical problem, which we all have been their at some time of out life, I fully understand that. But 95% of the members should be able to afford five bucks. Thank goodness we still have members that fork out 50 to a 100.00 to pay for all the non payers. But is it really fair. I can't stand to ask for money from our members, but I am asking for your help one more time. Ickie and I were talking the other day and I said we should either start charging for membership or the on line flying for non-paying members and guest. He was a hundred percent against this and said SOH has never charged to come in here or for membership. Come on guys...let close this and get it over with...thanks for your support, Mike

Terry
February 12th, 2010, 03:03
Have you considered reducing the benefits to non supporters, such as no attachments or no online flight?

Call it tough love if you like!

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 03:09
We have never needed to do something like that, the members usually come through.

Snuffy
February 12th, 2010, 03:48
We have never needed to do something like that, the members usually come through.

I'm sure you've considered the dire economic situation of the country in this, hell the world for that matter ... you know yourself from the various postings here of the number of members that are currently working for the government drawing unemployment checks.

I'm in a bit of a bind, but payday is today, and I'm expecting a major shot in the arm from my tax return. When that happens I'll be sure to make an additional donation to help alieviate some of the shortfall from the other members.

But it won't happen till after this weekend. :salute:

BladeRun
February 12th, 2010, 03:54
$5.00 from the great state of Massachusetts! Show your pride! Don't let YOUR state be left out!

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 07:38
You said it :applause:
$5.00 from the great state of Massachusetts! Show your pride! Don't let YOUR state be left out!

Lionheart
February 12th, 2010, 07:50
You know, it just occurred to me. If we had some fantastic donationware, I'll bet we would be in the green in no time flat.

Bill

rayrey10
February 12th, 2010, 08:07
Just hit "send payment" on round 2 of my donation. Hope everybody steps up to the plate.

Dangerousdave26
February 12th, 2010, 08:10
Small Donation from the State of Florida but I am afraid I was just short of the $5.00 mark.

I need another Floridian to Pony up the difference PLEASE.

Henry
February 12th, 2010, 08:26
I'm sure you've considered the dire economic situation of the country in this, hell the world for that matter ... you know yourself from the various postings here of the number of members that are currently working for the government drawing unemployment checks.

myself included in that
it is hard but you know
what do i do most days
get online here
if that was gone what would i do
hang out in a bar
that would cost me even more:isadizzy:
everybody has there priorities i understand that
but $5.00 is a glass of wine or a year at the SOH
that even makes sense to me
H

Henry
February 12th, 2010, 08:29
Have you considered reducing the benefits to non supporters, such as no attachments or no online flight?

Call it tough love if you like!
not while im alive
thats not fair
now we do give benefits to people who have donated
but take away from those who cannot
thats not on
H

Chacha
February 12th, 2010, 08:30
Small Donation from the State of Florida but I am afraid I was just short of the $5.00 mark.

I need another Floridian to Pony up the difference PLEASE.

I Picked it up Dave.... :wavey:

One more donation from a Floridian coming up :wavey:

Chacha
February 12th, 2010, 08:36
Adding a few more for my Little Hannah.... :wavey:

Snuffy
February 12th, 2010, 09:43
Florida just upped the annte .... :wavey:

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 17:24
I noticed we are down to 550.00.....yeah buddy, we are finally moving again...hell we might make it this time...thanks, Mike

BladeRun
February 12th, 2010, 17:39
I noticed we are down to 550.00.....yeah buddy, we are finally moving again...hell we might make it this time...thanks, Mike

Is there a way to see how much left there is to go? for the rest of us I mean :)

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 17:48
Yes, Ickie updates the figure as the money comes in >> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?28939-Bandwidth-Drive-2010
Is there a way to see how much left there is to go? for the rest of us I mean :)

hey_moe
February 12th, 2010, 17:53
Well, I just donated another hundred, so that should take it to 450.00 left to go.....you guys can do the rest :applause:...Mike