PDA

View Full Version : RTW Team SOH Pilots and Crew Registration

srgalahad
November 5th, 2008, 00:22
Ladies and gentlemen!

It's now time for the brave and foolhardy to step to the plate! :icon_lol:

To help us keep track of SOH members who can support the 2009 Round the World Race effort we'd like to keep a database of a) pilots and b) other crew. Not a lot of data required, but it will help us gather people together as the time approaches. If you aren't sure now about your time now, still feel free to sign up and we can work it out as we go along - or add your name and data to the list later if you wish.

To this end if you, please reply in this thread with the following information:
------------------------------------------------------------

 Name (SOH screen-name)

 Areas of interest (flying, route planning, weather & airport scouting, research, scoring, rules and protests)

 Sim (FS2002, FS9 or FSX)

 a/c classes flown (warbirds, jet fighters, tubes, general aviation, heavies, helicopters, default a/c, if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it)

 Do you fly online?

 previous RTW experience (y/n)

 Home time zone (GMT +/- or the local name [eg EST])

---------------------------------------------------------
Either make a text list of the responses or you can "quote" the
above section and insert your data within it.
Note: I'd like even the 'old regulars' to fill in the register so it's complete as possible.

Pilot responsibilities are straightforward and for those who may be new we will provide training and help setting up your computer with the required software. For the other positions, if there are any questions you can PM me or jkcook28 or DangerousDave26 and we'll fill you in.

The race itself is mid-February and there will be organized training "missions" between now and then. The training is a bit more relaxed and will allow people lots of opportunity to get 'in shape', whether flying or the other jobs. Time commitments are at your discretion - some can only offer a couple of hours now and then and that is fine - those may be the hours that become most important. One thing we DO hope for is a good representation from the east side of the Atlantic and Asia/Australia/NZ to help spread the workload across as many timezones as possible.

Thanks for your support!

Dangerousdave26
November 5th, 2008, 03:59
I would like to add one thing

FS2002 or FS8 is still a supported sim by the race. If you are still flying FS8 you are also welcome to join.

Just remember All Sliders Full :d

Dangerousdave26
November 5th, 2008, 05:06
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Dangerousdave26
 Areas of interest (flying, route planning, weather & airport scouting, research, scoring, rules and protests)

Accounting Department, Legal Department, Flying, All other area's I can lend my support.
I would like to claim control of the Accounting Department this year with the Teams Approval.
 Sim (FS8, FS9 or FSX)

FS9 (Unmodified)

 a/c classes flown (warbirds, jet fighters, tubes, general aviation, heavies, helicopters, default a/c, if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it)

Warbirds P-38, P-47, P-51H, P-82, F8F Bearcat, AH Corsair,
GA Cessna 172, 182, Beach Baron,
Defaults: Piper J-3 Cub, Curtis Jenny, DC3
Jet Fighters: Sabre F86F (javis) Hopefully it will be approved with its drop tanks.
Helicopters only if there is no other wingman. I will not carry the baton on the Heli legs.

 Do you fly online?

Yes

Yes

-5 UTC

Flyin Bull
November 5th, 2008, 06:10
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Flyin Bull

Flying
 Sim (FS9 or FSX or both)
FS9

All
 Do you fly online?
Yes
Yes
GMT

Tako_Kichi
November 5th, 2008, 08:45
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Tako_Kichi

Due to unknown (as yet) time constraints based on future beta testing commitments (and everything else I am involved with) I would like to offer my services in a support role of some sort with some possible race flying if required.

Both

if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it...although I rarely fly tubes I have spent far too long in a certain 'classic' tube in the past 12 months! :icon_lol:

 Do you fly online?
Yes, almost always in FSX either via a direct LAN (WAN) connection or via FS Host. Only very rarely do I use Gamespy.

N...but followed last years race avidly both in the forum and the online tracking site.

GMT -5 (EST)

fliger747
November 5th, 2008, 08:57
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Fliger747

Flying

FS9/FSX

All

 Do you fly online?
Yes, if possible

Yes

Nearly any if I am on the road....

Proud member of the RTW2008 Team

whitehawk_2009
November 5th, 2008, 09:08
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Whitehawk_2009

Flying, weather & airport scoutiung

FS9

Warbirds, GA, working on RB-50, Default, no helos :redf:

 Do you fly online?
Yes

Yes

GMT -6+ (CST), but I have worked nights and have no problem flying at any time.

cheezyflier
November 5th, 2008, 09:53
 Name (SOH screen-name)

cheezyflier

i'll do what ever job no one else wants, although i may need a little training or explanation.

FSX

G/A or the dc- 3, but i'd rather not fly unless absolutely neccessary. i'm just not that good. i mostly fly the carenado 206, default 208, carenado 182, default 172 and the douglas

 Do you fly online?

almost never

none

EST - i am home most of the day, and could help out a couple hours/day any day except sunday, i have to be off the computer by 4 pm est.

i should mention that my computer is rather low-end.

Flork
November 5th, 2008, 10:19
FLORK

Flying, Scouting, Research.

My feelings wouldn't be hurt if I was on support staff this year, be glad to help man the "war room"

I've been thinking about a "liaison" or "news reporter" position where I write up reports on our progress with pics (video?) and post them to the general board to generate excitement.

FSX flyer
Warbirds, jet fighters, GA

Member of the 2008 championship team!

Taco
November 5th, 2008, 10:26
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Taco

Flying

Both, but prefer FS9

Warbirds, jet fighters, tubes, some general aviation, heavies, No helicopters unless I could drive them on the hiway.:costumes:

 Do you fly online?

Yes

Yes

MST. USA

Member of last years wining team:applause:

srgalahad
November 5th, 2008, 10:52
Thanks guys.. a good start to the crew ( and now I gotta get working on the input :isadizzy: )

Note that FS2002 has been added to the list per comments received.

Cheezy, you will get coaching... nice, gentle.. even the training rooms are padded :d
(but seriously, a couple of hours during EST daytime will be a great help - some of the gang actually 'work'! and having recon/spotters can be very important - as can a bit of levity or comic relief)

Rob

srgalahad
November 5th, 2008, 10:54
 Name (SOH screen-name)
SrGalahad
Any/all
FS9 FSX (when they work)
if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it
 Do you fly online?
yes
yes
MST (GMT-7) available 24/7

EasyEd
November 5th, 2008, 17:08
Hey All,

My answers:

 Name (SOH screen-name)

EasyEd

Route Planning, weather/airport scouting, research and flying

Usually FS9 but will have new X48 based computer up and running soon so FS9 and FSX

Warbirds - Hornet and Corsair mostly can do thers
Jet Fighters - F86 , the one ROS fixed the airfile for, Flanker a few others
Tubes - If it has 3 engines I generally fly it - Falcon 50 to MD 11
GA - Yes absolutely
Heavies - meaning prop? not alot but can if needed
Helis - only a few slow ones
Default - several but not the really old ones like the Jenny - Vega on to the present are all good

Favorite class of aircraft - turboprops from the Beaver on up to the Dash 7 - gonna work on the Bear.

 Do you fly online?

almost never - maybe more if my new computer is compatible with it

yes

PST - so GMT -8

Notes - availability varies depending upon RL committments and work but generally available PST evenings - maybe this year I'll use a little vacation for this event.

-Ed-

Member 2008 winning team.

PRB
November 5th, 2008, 18:20
Name:
PRB.

Areas of interest:
Flying, hanging out at the pilot’s lounge telling war stories.

Sim:
FS9, FSX.

A/C Classes:
Warbirds, jet fighters, heavy props, heavy tubes, Tu-144s, general aviation, defaults, helicopters (if we’re really desperate), gyro-copters, and air-racing planes with only one wing.

Do you fly online?
Yes.

Previous RTW experience?
Yes

Home Time Zone:
Z-6

dcc
November 5th, 2008, 18:49
Name:
dcc

Areas of interest:
flying baton and wing, wx scouting, route scouting, leg/pilot coordination (helping line up the next legs, etc.), helping newbies get a chance to fly, updating PRB's flightboard, monitoring the other guys' progress

Sim:
FS9 & FSX, but plan to race exclusively in FS9 (FSX not reliable on my PC)

A/C Classes:
P-38s, is there really anything else? :d That's really all I've ever been interested in flying in the race, but I will fly the classics, defaults, a Learjet and a few others now and then.

Do you fly online?
Yes, also use TS

Previous RTW experience?
Yes, each and every one of them :d & proud co-founder of Team SOH

Home Time Zone:
Z-6

Other:
depending on my work schedule and my level of interest in the rules this year I may be able to take a day or two off work for the race as I have in the past.

AussieMan
November 6th, 2008, 00:17
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Aussieman

Weather and airport scouting or other roles as allocated. No desire to carry baton as I have switched to FSX only and my flying skills have taken a bit of a hit.

FSX

Warbirds, GA and heavy propliners

 Do you fly online?

Occasionally fly online through FSHost

Yes

GMT +11 (Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time)

Since switching exclusively to FSX late last year my flying time has diminished greatly due to health problems. As a result my flying skills are well below par as flying in FSX is vastly different to previous flight sims.

Things healthwise have improved greatly in the last few months so I am hoping to get more flying time in.

Cheers
Pat

Moparmike
November 6th, 2008, 05:48
Put me down on the list too.

 Name (SOH screen-name)
MoparMike

Flying, can help with route planning & scouting as needed, not much time for research but will try to help

FS9 or FSX (prefer FS9 for online)

Pretty much anything except helos. I spend little time in tubes and military jets, but can run em if needed. My preference is WWII warbirds and GA singles/twins/t-props.
Favorite specialties are bush flying and overspeeding the Howard. :d

 Do you fly online?
Yup

Yup. Have only missed one year since the RTW started.

Z-6 (CST). I also work night shift and am planning on taking vacation time from work during race week.

Moses03
November 6th, 2008, 06:18
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Moses03

Flying, rules and protests, scouting, helping new guys get comfortable, coordinating pilots for legs, i.e trying to keep the baton hogs in check. ;)

FS9 & FSX. FS9 for racing only

All except helos

 Do you fly online?

Yes

Yes

Z-6

I am limited with heavy family demands and rarely get a large chunk of time to myself. Will help as time permits.

MudMarine
November 6th, 2008, 09:42
 Name (SOH screen-name)

MudMarine

Any

FS9 or FSX

Warbirds, big or small

 Do you fly online?

Yes, with MercAir......don't tell anyone!!

Just observing and cheering section

Est. Standard time, New York

Haitun
November 7th, 2008, 04:54
Name (SOH screen-name) - Haitun

Areas of interest (flying, route planning, weather & airport scouting, research, scoring, rules and protests)
-flying, research,

Sim (FS2002, FS9 or FSX)
-FSX (If I stay in China during RTW, which is 95% likely) FS9 (If I return to Russia)

warbirds, jet fighters, general aviation, helicopters ('ll only fly it if there's no one else), default a/c (save Comet, i'll only fly it if there's no one else) , if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it (Don't feel very comfortable with large tubes and heavies, though)

 Do you fly online?
Yup, although if there are some connection problems I don't know if I can)

Yes

(GMT+8 in China GMT+3 in Russia)

crashaz
November 9th, 2008, 12:26
 Name (SOH screen-name)
crashAZ

Flying,weather & airport scouting,
FSX & FS9

Warbirds (P-38,P-47,P-51,Corsair),
Jet Fighters (F-86,Panther,Banshee,A-6)
General Aviation
helicopters & autogyros
default a/c
if-it-has-wings-I-fly-it

 Do you fly online?
Yes

Yep - since the beginning of SOH participation

US Central GMT -6

Kowalski65
November 12th, 2008, 09:25
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Kowalski65
Planning & scouting-you probably wont want me flying as anything more than an emergency wingman if you saw my performance in the Nobel Race :icon_lol:
FSX
Warbirds(dont we all), GA & maybe some heavies with props
 Do you fly online?
I will try-the law of sod means I will be movingat about the time of the race but will try & get a decent connection set up, as I want to take a week off work to participate
N
GMT

Gregory Paul
November 12th, 2008, 11:09
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Gregory Paul

Flying

FSX can reinstall FS9 if I have to.

Anything

 Do you fly online?
Yes for the race

Yes a little

US Central

MaddogK
November 13th, 2008, 11:49
 Name (SOH screen-name)
MaddogK
Flying, weather and airport scouting, AFCAD tweeking, research
FS9

Warbirds P-38, P-47, P-40, P-51, F8F Bearcat, A26,
GA Cessna 172, 182, Beach Baron, Grumman Widgeon, C123, Maule M7 260, MANY more

Defaults: Piper J-3 Cub, Curtis Jenny, DC3, Kingair

Jet Fighters: F-4E Phantom II, A6 Intruder, S-3A/B viking

Tubes and Heavies: L-1011/DC-10, Lockheed Connie

Helicopters only if there is no other wingman. I will try not to carry the baton on the Heli legs.

If it can fly - I'll fly it, and possibly not bend it (NO guarantees).

 Do you fly online?
Yes
Yes (proud holder of picture of last years cup)
GMT-6

Willy
November 13th, 2008, 13:46
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Willy

Backup Pilot if needed, Forums Admin

Flight Simulator 1954 :d

Spitfire Mk XIX, P-38J "Yippee", F7F Tigercat (in case of carrier ops), DH 106 Comet 4B, DC-7B, Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, B-58 and some of the defaults

 Do you fly online?

On occasion :d, but loath Teamspeak

Charter member of Team Outhouse and flown every year

US Central (Zulu - something)

srgalahad
November 23rd, 2008, 22:42
It's just about practice time!

Team members, see the thread in the Hideout.
If you want to join the fun and help Team Outhouse, drop your entry form in here.

Rob

Tako_Kichi
November 24th, 2008, 10:23
It's just about practice time!

Team members, see the thread in the Hideout.
If you want to join the fun and help Team Outhouse, drop your entry form in here.
Rob might I suggest a PM to those new volunteers (like me) who have not taken part in the races before as I have no clue where the 'Hideout' is located and thus no way of checking the thread you refer to. ;)

Dangerousdave26
November 24th, 2008, 11:56
That's Willy's job he needs to add all new members to the list of people allowed to see it.

I would expect you will see it soon. :d

Gnoopey
November 26th, 2008, 01:21
 Name (SOH screen-name)

Gnoopey

all of the above (if possible)

FS9
FSX (no stable puter yet for it)
 a/c classes flown - (all listed were used with baton or as wingman in 'real' race)

warbirds: P-47M, P-38J / L, P-51H, A-26, Hawker SeaFury, B-29, B-50
jet fighters / bombers: F9F Panther, RB-57
defaults: all required ones except Spirit of St. Louis and Mooney
heavies: B747-400, Boeing E-6B (as wingman only)
 Do you fly online?

Yes

Yes

missed first instance
2nd instance as observer - online on a few legs with avsim
3rd instance - 1st one for team SOH as "active troublemaker" :d
any other instance since with team SOH - proud member of current Tornado Trophy holders - yeeeeeeehaaaaaw :d :costumes:

CET - Central European Time - UTC+1
 Remarks

'puter and other "problems" prevent me from getting into "race mode" fast!

will try my best to get ahead of this during december and january - fingers x-ed ;)

srgalahad
November 26th, 2008, 03:37
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Welcome back Tom :applause::applause::ernae:

Rob

Moparmike
November 26th, 2008, 05:27
Yup, welcome back Gnoop! Glad to have ya back.

I'm still flying the night-shift so I hope we can wing a few Gnoop-Jug flights together again this year!

jkcook28
November 26th, 2008, 06:25
Great to see you again Tom! Guess I need to fill out this paperwork one day soon.

fliger747
November 26th, 2008, 09:35
Glad ta see ya sir T!

Flyin Bull
November 26th, 2008, 09:44
Great to see ya around again Tom :jump:

Steve

Moses03
November 26th, 2008, 11:42
Where the heck you been GY? Welcome back! Moze

Haitun
November 27th, 2008, 07:41
Welcome back!

Ferry_vO
November 28th, 2008, 13:50
I don't think I'll be around for the 2009 event; due to a take-over at work I have a limited amount of holiday hours next year, and because my appartment block is sold to a different owner I also need to move to another place next year so you can guess where I want to save my free time for..

If I do have some time I'll help where ever I can but don't count on anything.

srgalahad
November 29th, 2008, 06:17
Ferry,
We don't COUNT on anything, but we do APPRECIATE everything. You know the drill... even five minutes of 'help' could be the difference. Hope life smooths out for you soon!

Rob

jkcook28
December 7th, 2008, 11:36
Finally sent paperwork since Dave won't put me on his page without it.

 Name (SOH screen-name)

jkcook28

any

FS9

any

 Do you fly online?

yes

'06 and '07

CDST

srgalahad
December 19th, 2008, 13:22
24 members registered, 21 pilots volunteered.
A test PM has been sent to confirm the correct spelling of the list - if you do not receive a PM, let me know.
Also let me know if you are unable to access the Hideout.

Rob

aeromachines
December 19th, 2008, 21:46
Ladies and gentlemen!

This is to lengthen my message to fill the need for more characters.

To this end if you, please reply in this thread with the following information:
------------------------------------------------------------

 Name (SOH screen-name) Aeromachines

Pilot

 Sim (FS2002, FS9 or FSX) FSX

If-it-has-wings-I-fly-it Or try!

 Do you fly online? Just getting back into it after some years off. Having to relearn. Using Gamespy.

One RTW some long time ago. Maybe year one. Remember crashing and burning in some foreign clime.

 Home time zone (GMT +/- or the local name [eg EST]) LEX. KY.
GMT + 4 and GMT +5 with DST.

lowell.wiley@gmail.com

aeromachines

---------------------------------------------------------

Pilot responsibilities are straightforward and for those who may be new we will provide training and help setting up your computer with the required software. For the other positions, if there are any questions you can PM me or jkcook28 or DangerousDave26 and we'll fill you in.

The race itself is mid-February and there will be organized training "missions" between now and then. The training is a bit more relaxed and will allow people lots of opportunity to get 'in shape', whether flying or the other jobs. Time commitments are at your discretion - some can only offer a couple of hours now and then and that is fine - those may be the hours that become most important. One thing we DO hope for is a good representation from the east side of the Atlantic and Asia/Australia/NZ to help spread the workload across as many timezones as possible.

Thanks for your support!
This is to lengthen my message also.

aeromachines
December 19th, 2008, 22:04
David:

Been a long time. I've been trying to get up to speed on how to make GG fly in my new FSX machine, in FSX. How about filling me in. I'm surprised to see the commercial stuff out there on the P-38 and not too much for GG. As you know GG is a Texas lady now.

Lowell Wiley
Nicholasville, Ky.
lowell.wiley@gmail.com

Dangerousdave26
December 20th, 2008, 04:34
First off Welcome to the Team

I am not really positive but I do not think that dcc's P-38 ports over to FSX at all. I am willing to guess that if it does it is poor at best.

dcc can correct me if I am wrong.

dcc
December 20th, 2008, 06:40
in FSX my P-38's suffer from all the usual FS9 mdl problems:

1) panel window and gauge problems
2) blurred prop textures are rendered behind clouds (exterior view only)
3) scenery behind canopy glass is messed up / missing
4) 'un-textured' parts are all black
5) emissive parts don't shine (eg, non-fx lights)
6) no landing lights (somewhat fixed by FSX SP1)

some tweaking can help address #1. These may be minor issues to some, but to me they are enough to ruin the experience for me so I only fly them in Fs9.

- dcc

srgalahad
December 20th, 2008, 12:42
Welcome Lowell!:applause:

You're on the list (remember the old saw about "Never volunteer"? :icon_lol: )
Willy should have your access to the Hideout shortly.

Rob

Haitun
December 20th, 2008, 14:53
Well with some tweaking and adaptation to SPs dcc's che'd'ouevre ports over to the dark side not as worse as he himself wrote. Having only FSX here fly P-38 anyway. It's more beautiful than Avanti=)))

WND
January 11th, 2009, 14:12
 Name (SOH screen-name)

WND

Flying

FS9

T-6, P-51, Bearcat, Tigercat, P-38, Tucano, ?, ?, / F86, T-33, Tricilori, ?, ?, / C-45, Spartan, Howard, just about anything "general aviation", MU-2, / Connie, Fokker 28, Boeing 720B, 737's, 757's, Airbus 318, 319, 320, L-1011, NO 747!!

 Do you fly online?

YES!

Nothing of this nature however I've made up my own "hop lists" and flown them.

CST

fliger747
January 11th, 2009, 15:21
Perhaps as part of the Outhouse psywar for the race WND should change his moniker to WMD....

Cheers: T.

Panaka
January 23rd, 2009, 05:23
Name: Panaka

Areas of interest: Flying

Sim (FS2002, FS9 or FSX): FS9 & FSX

a/c classes flown: Warbirds, heavies, bombers, Jet Fighters

Do you fly online? Yes

previous RTW experience: 4 years worth

Home time zone: GMT +1

I'll be availeble for the weekend only. I'm starting a new job and don't know if I can do much during the week.

srgalahad
January 23rd, 2009, 09:35
AH! Panaka, we knew you were out there lurking somewhere:ernae:
You're added to the list, and if not done already Willy will unlock the Hideout door for you soon!

You know the rule.. ":help:when you can"

Rob

Flork
January 23rd, 2009, 10:13
I fly the P-38 on FSX, and am happy with it. In fact for the race the P-38 and Gnoop's P-47 are my main rides-both on FSX. I'd be happy to share my .cfg with anyone.

Firebar
January 23rd, 2009, 13:51
I'd like to get involved with this but not really sure how (or if my PC is up to running FS for long continous periods).

If you want any more people hanging around and cluttering the place up.

 Name (SOH screen-name)

Firebar

Basically anything.

FS9

if it has wings I fly it.....sometimes even if it don't have wings. I do have an affinity for classic british types, espeically racing modified sea furies....

 Do you fly online?

nope, might be able to

nope

GMT, although only around at certain times due to work and rugby

If you can fit me in great!, if not I can get some extra practice in.

Matt

srgalahad
January 23rd, 2009, 14:31
Matt, although we might not be able to use the TSR.2 we can always used extra pilots (when available) and often a few more opinions too. See the list re: spotting, wx, etc. and if you need help getting online and on TeamSpeak read the forums and then ask for help. As a spotter/etc. there's not as much flying but observational skills help.

Rob

Firebar
January 23rd, 2009, 15:12
Awwww no TSR.2 :faint:

To be fair I was expecting that, the production line was destroyed before 10 could be finished....

I'm not that bothered by getting loads of flying in, I just don't have the time, I am however quite happy to do almost anything else (excluding circuit training).

Dangerousdave26
January 23rd, 2009, 20:10
Firebar

No problem if you are even marginally good at the defaults that is an amazing help.

Team flights are also a great place to join in if you have the time. The more clutter the merrier.

If you fly the P-38 or P-47 you pretty much got every thing you need.

Join in any time. We should have one more practice session before the race.

AussieMan
January 28th, 2009, 02:33
I know that the race is still 3 1/2 weeks away but while I have signed up for the race I am not willing to commit myself to fly any legs. The reason being I am still having problems with my legs and recently spent a couple of weeks in hospital.

Since coming I have attempted several times to do a 2 hour flight but cramps in my legs put an end to the flight anywhere between a 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours into the flight. At the moment when I feel anything happening I have to go and lay down for a couple of hours.

However I will still be available to do weather recce flights around the destination airports to help those flying a leg.

May even be able to help with the planning as well especially the Australian part of the race.

Cheers
Pat

Dangerousdave26
January 28th, 2009, 03:38
See you on TS Pat

Any Contribution for to the team makes you a member.

Hope you feel better also.

fliger747
January 28th, 2009, 14:29
Pat:

Wishing you well. I haven't made it to Australia in about a year but am looking forward to being in melbourne in a couple of weeks. About time to enjoy a little Austral Summer!

Cheers: Tom

datter
February 3rd, 2009, 11:17
Not sure if this makes me brave or foolhardy, but...

Name (SOH screen-name)
datter

Areas of interest
Flying, weather & airport scouting, research... but really, whatever is needed

Sim (FS9 or FSX or both)
FSX

A/C classes flown
If it has wings I fly it, though I generally prefer GA prop aircraft. As for helos, those things should not be allowed in the air especially with me in one.

Do you fly online?
With FSX... not yet, though I'm contemplating getting into Vatsim at some point. Lots of online flying experience in Warbirds (starting back in 97) and other sims/games so I'm familiar with the whole online end of things including Teamspeak etc

Previous RTW experience (y/n)
Absolutely none as I just heard about it for the first time an hour ago.

Home time zone (GMT +/- or the local name [eg EST])
GMT -4 (AST)

Dangerousdave26
February 3rd, 2009, 11:37
datter

:welcome: aboard

Brave or Foolhardy doesn't matter all that matters is having a good time.

MaddogK
February 3rd, 2009, 12:29
Ahh monochrome, those were the days.

Welcome aboard.

datter
February 3rd, 2009, 13:58
Ahh monochrome, those were the days.

Welcome aboard.

Much less concerns about frame rate if I remember right. :)
Glad to be aboard.

Scandfox
February 14th, 2009, 09:03
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Scandfox

 Areas of interest (flying, route planning, weather & airport
scouting, research, scoring, rules and protests)
Flying

FS9

Airbus family

 Do you fly online?
Yes

N

GMT+1

Dangerousdave26
February 14th, 2009, 14:42
Scandfox

Welcome to the Team :applause:

There may not be much use for the Airbus Family but the new rules will may change that.

If you fly other airplanes you may find yourself more active in the flying department.

One of our Great Admins here will get you access to the hide out.

srgalahad
February 14th, 2009, 15:39
Yes, welcome and glad to see you found your way over from the AAC! (and that GMT+1 time zone is great!) There's a bunch to learn but it doesn't take long to get tuned up if you've been flying CFS ( other than making it all work in FS9.)

I'll PM you later tonight with some info about connections etc and when you see "The Hideout" showing as a sub-forum you'll have access to the rest of the plans. There's even some good hints about easy-to-learn FS9 warbirds to get you going.

Rob

Moparmike
February 15th, 2009, 05:32
 Name (SOH screen-name)
Scandfox

Welcome aboard!
You should have access to the Hideout forum now. Pop on in and check things out.