PDA

View Full Version : dont like new lay out

scruff
February 10th, 2010, 09:10
it took ages to log in.had to change password.where are the addons????

Rami
February 10th, 2010, 09:15
Scruff,

All of the SOH staff members have taken every effort to keep users abreast of the changes before they occurred. We are in the process of transferring to a new server. The downloads are shut off for a period of about ten days. This would be day three. In addition, the forum upgrade is also a necessary protection against hackers.

There are still some bugs to work out, but every day it's getting better. Ickie is working extremely hard to make this conversion a success, so this type of disapproval is very counter-productive.

There's always the Simviation forums if you need a new hang-out: http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Sincerely,

Dirtman
February 10th, 2010, 10:26
Yo Scruff;

I'm a creature of habit & have been coming here every morning for 4 years. I find the new interface .. well .. different ... so I'm gonna give it a while before I say anything negative.

Ickie & the lads have been bustin' their humps to make this a better place for us so I think we should all wait & see the finished product before ragging on it.

But I do agree with ya Bro ... I find it tough to use the new interface ... especially when hung-over!

:icon29:

Bruther Durt

mariereid
February 10th, 2010, 10:42
It's not too bad, just gotta figure it out. I guess it's gonna be pretty darn good, when they are done. Ickie and his crew are putting in a lot of hours on this. I can only imagine all the problems they have to deal with. There are bound to be a few bumps along the way. :salute:

HouseHobbit
February 10th, 2010, 10:57
I remember when all of this started..and the new layout is great to me..
And i do realize all the staff have been working very hard for everyones benifit..
I have to take my hat off to all of them and to Ickie..
We All Owe Much to This man and many others..
Thank You..

lifejogger
February 10th, 2010, 11:22
Oh set up or new set up I can adjust.. I just glad we have this place to hang out. Thanks Ickie and crew.:applause:

p14u2nv
February 10th, 2010, 12:10
Considering the enormity of what these men are doing and the sheer magnitude of ALL the sims involved here I would like to simply say, other than thank you, that I am truly impressed as to how far along this project has come and in such a short span of time. Major kudos to all involved!

:unitedstates:

scruff
February 10th, 2010, 14:42
i dont mean to sound ungreatfull,im just having a hard time loggin in and i keep getting told my passwords no good even tho i got a new one earlier.i would have responded earlier but i couldnt access anything.i appreciate the work everyones doing and if its more secure then thats only a good thing.

Rami
February 10th, 2010, 14:47
Scruff,

If you hit a roadblock with passwords, just let me know. Hopefully, we might be able to change the background to a color that is less harsh on the eyes. But that's putting the cart before the horse.

Bill Kestell
February 10th, 2010, 15:06
:monkies::pop4: Glad that things are moving along. Change ... well, it happens all the time ... to every forum I've ever been with for any period. Like our friend Clint said ... "ADAPT AND OVERCOME!"

Thanks for all you hard work ... I can't even begin to imagine what a real bitch it must be.:isadizzy:

p14u2nv
February 10th, 2010, 15:38
Clint really said; "Observe, Adapt, Overcome!"

highpockets
February 10th, 2010, 16:46
vBulletin suite 4.0.1??
All that tech talk gives me a headache! I'm happy to just hang aroung and see what comes up after Ickie & the rest of the "geeks" get through. I'm sure it will be much better. I have prowled around the flight sims for years and this one seems to have most of the "goodies".
Thanks to them for keeping this site "solvent", up & working:salute:

Wildcat-87
February 10th, 2010, 17:10
I like the new setup it's very Hip, or modern. It's one of those :applause: