PDA

View Full Version : Vc Swap Help needed Please!!!

peter12213
February 9th, 2010, 03:50
Guys I think I can remember reading a thread about swaping vc's in aircraft, but for the life of me I can't find it, in any case I want to use the alpha su33 vc but in a different aircraft namely the free Su 27/30 series by bear studios which has no VC, would some one either be able to explain how to do this to me or point me to a thread already on here that expains it, thanks in advance!

Pete!

scottmm73
February 9th, 2010, 12:29
From my understanding you can not swap VC panels in FSX due to the VC is coded into the .mdl file. You can however, alias 2D panels.

I may be wrong here, but I might not be.

Bjoern
February 9th, 2010, 12:40
If the models aren't FSX native - forget it.

Slund
February 9th, 2010, 13:04
In the model folder you should find three files, one is the external model, one is the VC and the other is the model cfg file. You should be able to open the CFG file in notepad and alias any FSX VC you want, I just don't remember exactly what wording you need to add Alias=the name of the vc model or something similar. You could also rename the VC model file to something else, copy and past the VC model you want to use into the same folder and then rename that one with the original name, that would work as well.

Prowler1111
February 9th, 2010, 13:22
Keep in mind both mdl´s need to be FSX native, otherwise, it wont work

Prowler

peter12213
February 9th, 2010, 15:39
Thanks for the help guys!