PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Simulatons

jakegazzard
February 7th, 2010, 22:40
Hey all, i bough the vertigo simulations Hellcat the other day and what a true master piece! Im all for vintage PROP aircraft, from the piper cub, auster j1, dehavilland puss moth to the spitfire but with all of my fav aircraft this is high on the list. This is due to an amazing detailed weathered look and an 95% functioning vc! I think you guys really should consider buying it!

http://secure.simmarket.com/vertigo-studios-f6f-hellcat.phtml

deathfromafar
February 7th, 2010, 22:53
jakegazzard , glad you bought it and like it. Many of us here have the model since it came out some time ago under the RealFlight label prior the name change. You're 100% correct, it is a great model in every respect. They have a SBD Dauntless coming and I believe a P-36 and F8F down the road. They deliver the goods as promised as far as I am concerned. Also, you may be interested in buying Iris Simulations F6F sound pack. David Brice did a magnificent job on it and it's priced very well. It makes this model really stand out as one of the best WW2 FSX models around.

Enjoy flying your Hellcat! :salute:

letsgetrowdy
February 7th, 2010, 23:39
Yes bought this lovely aircraft a little while back and was chuffed with it. The only thing I didn't like was the start-up, how the prop just went from stationary to fulling turning in just one frame.

JamesChams
February 8th, 2010, 02:17
Have it & Loving it!:USA-flag: :salute:
PS: Here's the movie, if any one still needs a "little" convincing... :medals:

K9VPSz5b8X0&fmt=18

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Lionheart
February 8th, 2010, 06:14
What??? No screenshots?

Bill

warchild
February 8th, 2010, 18:59
::chuckles:: heres a couple for you Bill...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2009-12-22_7-38-47-157-800.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2009-12-22_7-44-48-453-800.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2009-12-22_7-46-57-63.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2009-12-22_7-46-40-979-800.jpg

Dain Arns
February 9th, 2010, 08:17
I'm looking forward to the Hawk and Bearcat releases...

huub vink
February 9th, 2010, 08:35
For those on this side of the pond, it available at Play.com for only € 10.49 (or 7.99 fot the British). Its a steal so get it while it is still hot!

Cheers,
Huub

BTW I noticed the Hellcat is still advertised here as "RealFlight" while the company is now called "Vertigo", Is this correct ?

Gibbage
February 9th, 2010, 15:11
Correct. The F6F was first sold under the RealFlight name, and then the company changed its name too Vertigo.

peter12213
February 9th, 2010, 15:38
this is a great bird thats for sure!

Gibbage
February 9th, 2010, 22:08
I fully agree. Ranks right up there with the top warbirds in FSX, like the Aerosoft PBY, A2A F4U, and the FSD P-38. Visions of CFS4 dance through my head

It will be interesting to see if the SBD can match the quality of the F6F.

warchild
February 9th, 2010, 22:28
It will be interesting to see if the SBD can match the quality of the F6F.

From an insiders perspctive, i think i can say that you wont be disappointed with the SBD, and hopefully, when the P-36 comes out, it'll knock your socks off :)

Gibbage
February 10th, 2010, 00:04
Im really interested in seeing the P-36/Hawk 75. One of the most under-rated aircraft of WWII I think. The P-40 airframe always looked better with a big radial in my openion, and from pilots who flew both, they preferred the P-36 a lot more.

Henry
February 10th, 2010, 07:06
im waiting for all! :applause:
Excellent stuff
H

warchild
February 10th, 2010, 12:11
The one thing P-36 pilots didnt like about the plane over the P-40 was the stall/spin entry. The P-36 had a rather violent stall/spin entry that we've been wprking on duplicating in fsx as closely as possible.. fter their experience with the P-36, Curtiss added scoops under the wings of the P-40 which tamed the stall/spinn entry to something that was much more manageable and not as "traumatic"..
Of course, the Stall spin characteristics of the P-36 also gave it a much greater ability to maneuver, making it one of the most maneuveraable planes in world war two.. P-36s shot down the first two planes of the war over Pearl harbor, and were also employed by the Germans to great effect after they captured the French fleet. i may be wrong, but this may be the only plane of world war two that was used by both the Allied forces and the Axis Powers..
Stay Tuned.. Deans Modelers and painters and my group are working overtime on this plane to bring you the absolute very best of our abilities.. I can gaurantee right now that it will be a pilots plane.. When you climb out of it, your gonna know youve accomplished something.. Even in FSX..

Gibbage
February 10th, 2010, 12:52
F4F's were used by the Venchi French in NA against US F6F's from carriers. The F4F's didnt fair well..... :salute:

Its odd to think that a few F6F's had F4F kills....

Mathias
February 10th, 2010, 13:10
The Brits used the Heinkel He-115 in clandestine operations in Norway and the Med.
The Dornier Do 24 served with the Dutch in the Pazific as a maritime bomber and patrol aircraft, later with the Aussies as a transport as well as with the Germans as an S.A.R. aircraft.
The German Bf109 faced itself served by Yugoslavia in 1941.
Finland had a mix of allied and axis planes in their inventory so it was not so unusual that a plane served on both sides.

huub vink
February 10th, 2010, 13:47
I may be wrong, but this may be the only plane of world war two that was used by both the Allied forces and the Axis Powers.

Actually most captured French H-75 (P-36) fighters ended up with the Finnish Air Force like the MS406. The Fins were fighting the Russians, so the Germans and Fins fought the same enemy at that time.

Another aircraft which flew on many sides was the Fokker T.VIII. Before the war it flew with the Dutch Navy, but after the German invasion, many escaped to the UK. Where they formed Dutch 320 sqn in the RAF. The aircrafts which were captured by the Germans where used by the Luftwaffe in the Mediterranean area.

Back to the topic of this thread; I'm really looking forward to the P-36. The model looks stunning in the previously released picture and the P-36 is a very nice looking aircraft (at least in my opinion ;) )

Cheers,
Huub