PDA

View Full Version : Saints shook up the world!

Ken Stallings
February 7th, 2010, 17:46
Wow!

What a magnificent Super Bowl. And congrats to the Saints! They be the Aint's no more!

Who dat? Who dat? Nobody! Dat's who!

Ken

Dain Arns
February 7th, 2010, 17:49
How about dat! (Nice to see someone get their first title)
Congrats, but I knew they were going to win, being Saints and all. :engel016:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Cazzie
February 7th, 2010, 17:50
:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Mardi Gras will last forever this February!

Caz

Mobayrasta
February 7th, 2010, 17:52
So excited. Finally!

Panther_99FS
February 7th, 2010, 17:59
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SAINTS!!!!! :applause::ernae::applause:

(Next underdog: Detroit Lions)

djscoo
February 7th, 2010, 18:03
Cleveland Browns next? :icon_lol:

aeronca1
February 7th, 2010, 18:15
WooHoo Saints!!!!!

hey_moe
February 7th, 2010, 18:21
That was the best Superbowl I have seen. That second quarter on side kick was something. The interception as far as I am concern was the turning point of the game. Linda and I loved it :ernae: ...Mike

jmig
February 7th, 2010, 18:21
WOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOO! WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!

NOBODY DAT'S WHO!

At least this year. :)

Henry
February 7th, 2010, 18:25
its not very often i root for the state team
But:applause::applause::applause::applause::applau se::applause::applause::applause::applause::applau se:
H

lifejogger
February 7th, 2010, 18:30
Grad to see them win. :ernae::ernae::ernae:

harleyman
February 7th, 2010, 18:32
AWSOME game....Congrats to them.....:applause::applause:

Snuffy
February 7th, 2010, 18:34
Congrats!! :ernae: :applause:

EasyEd
February 7th, 2010, 18:36
Hey All,

Good to see a Saint Win! The Saint offense keeping Peyton Manning on the bench most of the game and then the Saints running an onside kick to start the second half - what is up with that? And the Colt defense just didn't get enough pressure on Brees.

Archie must have really mixed feelings. Peyton is running the risk of becoming known as the guy who couldn't deliver at crunch time and may be relegated to the ranks of great QB wannabees even if he ends up the QB with the greatest statistics in the history of the NFL.

-Ed-

jmig
February 7th, 2010, 18:45
Hey All,

Good to see a Saint Win! The Saint offense keeping Peyton Manning on the bench most of the game and then the Saints running an onside kick to start the second half - what is up with that? And the Colt defense just didn't get enough pressure on Brees.

Archie must have really mixed feelings. Peyton is running the risk of becoming known as the guy who couldn't deliver at crunch time and may be relegated to the ranks of great QB wannabees even if he ends up the QB with the greatest statistics in the history of the NFL.

-Ed-

I don't think Peyton need not worry about his legacy. He did his job. He was amazing. That interception was just good coverage by the Saints. They have been doing that all year. They are like the boxer who keeps taking one hit after another. Just when you think you have him on the ropes, a haymaker from nowhere connects with your jaw.

I think having someone as good as Manning can sometimes be bad. The team can have a tendency to relax and let him win it for you. One of the things I saw with the Saints this year was how they had no "Stars". The entire team played as a team.

You saw that tonight. That victory was a team victory.

harleyman
February 7th, 2010, 18:48
It was most certainly a team victory.....:applause:

Ken Stallings
February 7th, 2010, 18:56
No question the Saints won by a full team effort. Special teams, offense and defense. They played a very tight game.

They controlled the ball. The onsides kick was so huge because it kept Manning on the bench and it led to a Saints TD. Drew Brees ran a ball control passing game. I haven't seen one so highly effective since Joe Montana ran the West Coast offense for the 49'ers.

Steve Young on ESPN made a cogent analysis. He pointed out that the Colts ran only two thirds of the series on offense they normally do. His other point is that the Saints are a young team, so they might be back in the playoffs next season.

They didn't win this game with smoke and mirrors. They won by a very balanced team approach executed extremely well.

Ken

Panther_99FS
February 7th, 2010, 19:01
Well,
All I know is that on Friday, I told our entire directorate that if the Colts won, I'd buy the beer....:d :bump:

Hals und Bein Bruch
February 7th, 2010, 20:05
WORD ken, I was thinking Montana all game..!:applause:

MyassisDragon
February 7th, 2010, 21:28
Congrats to the Saints. They were my sentimental pick. Glad they won. :applause:

Willy
February 7th, 2010, 22:13
Sure did me a world of good to see the Saints go all the way and win the big one. I've been a Saints fan since Archie was playing, through the Aints, paper bags and all. I'm betting the devil has his long underwear on right now.

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 23:08
Sure did me a world of good to see the Saints go all the way and win the big one. I've been a Saints fan since Archie was playing, through the Aints, paper bags and all. I'm betting the devil has his long underwear on right now.

Devil does and so do I.... :a1451: intercepted Pass... never before have i wished for a Colts fan with a sniper Rifle so much in my life...

but congrats to the Saints... that crossfield kick gave them the momentum they needed, must upload my pictures somewhere my brother kept taking... it's a sedate affair in my house... just snacks, volume on low to not wake anyone up and me trying not to swear or shout so i wake anybody... hope they're out next year... so who dod you think's gonna be in it next year...? :icon_lol:

Cazzie
February 8th, 2010, 02:15
Hey All,

-Ed-

Payton did his job, but the Colts aren't complete as a team like the Saints. Payton Manning is their franchise, without him, they are a second level team. If Garcon had not dropped that pass at the start of the second quarter, the game could have become a blow-out by the Colts. As it were, Garcon dropped an egg laid in his basket and the Colts were three and out for the whole of the second quarter. The Saints could not mount but two field goals, but that second quarter took the sting out of the Colts' defense, they were not much of a factor after that.

And we all know, the best defense against Payton Manning is to keep him on the bench, which is what the Saints did pretty much after the first quarter.

Go Saints, mega-Mardi Gras this February! :icon29:

Caz

Snuffy
February 8th, 2010, 03:05
Personally I think Manning needed the shocker that he's not as great as he thinks he is. The interception was fantastic! But that was just 1 of atleast 4 attempted intercepts ...

I do have a problem with the way the NFL is televising their programs lately. I'm tired of camera men zooming in on players faces when there is no reason to do so, especially when the commentators are talking about someone else ...

We had so many close ups of Manning last night that it began to turn my stomach! I'll have to admit during most of the 2nd quarter, and finally in the fourth quarter, it looked like he was about to cry, and the way they caught him wiping his cheeks once, I'm not sure he wasn't.

Once again ... GREAT GAME SAINTS!!!

jmig
February 8th, 2010, 04:11
Devil does and so do I.... :a1451: intercepted Pass... never before have i wished for a Colts fan with a sniper Rifle so much in my life...

but congrats to the Saints... that crossfield kick gave them the momentum they needed, must upload my pictures somewhere my brother kept taking... it's a sedate affair in my house... just snacks, volume on low to not wake anyone up and me trying not to swear or shout so i wake anybody... hope they're out next year... so who dod you think's gonna be in it next year...? :icon_lol:

Hee Hee... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sw002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

*He acknowledges the call to abort the mission, re-safes the switches and turns for home.*

:icon29: <-- For Matt

GT182
February 8th, 2010, 04:31
Well, everyone around here said the Saints wouldn't stand a chance against the Colts. I said horse hockey.... they'll beat em hands down.

The Colts were a bit too assured they'd win.... The Saints WANTED it and Got it. Whoopie! Congrats to the Underdogs, you did good. :applause: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Cazzie
February 8th, 2010, 05:22
Personally I think Manning needed the shocker that he's not as great as he thinks he is. The interception was fantastic! But that was just 1 of atleast 4 attempted intercepts ...

I do have a problem with the way the NFL is televising their programs lately. I'm tired of camera men zooming in on players faces when there is no reason to do so, especially when the commentators are talking about someone else ...

We had so many close ups of Manning last night that it began to turn my stomach! I'll have to admit during most of the 2nd quarter, and finally in the fourth quarter, it looked like he was about to cry, and the way they caught him wiping his cheeks once, I'm not sure he wasn't.

Once again ... GREAT GAME SAINTS!!!

Ya gotta say one thing though Snuffy, CBS's coverage IMHO was in another league from FOX's coverage.

I thought the game had good rhythm too, in other words, it did not drag on like so many Super Bowls. Low point of the whole show was the Who.

Caz

DX-FMJ
February 8th, 2010, 08:29
Being born and raised in New Orleans and still living here, been a saints fan since I was a little kid, I have to say this is the best thing to ever happen to this city/state, this is a real major pick me up for sure!

Best Superbowl I have ever seen in my lifetime!

Who Dat!!!
:ernae:

Henry
February 8th, 2010, 08:51
Quote myself i another thread
id love to see the Saints win but Peyton is one great player
hopefully its a team that wins
and they did :medals:
and to think 10 years ago i never had a clue
about football
actually it was another Manning, Eli
that started me off