PDA

View Full Version : 'It's Official Now: NASCAR Hates Open Wheelers'...

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2008, 18:46
"Parked" is the only repercussion that David Gilliland received
--> http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/11/02/post.race.cup.jmontoya.dgilliland.crash.texas/index.html

wombat666
November 4th, 2008, 19:30
"And it appears Gilliland will get off for good behavior."
'Redneck Rules' back in fashion I see.
:banghead:

EasyEd
November 4th, 2008, 19:31
Hey All,

As I said in the other thread - I didn't see the event so I don't know everything that happened. Suffice to say though - if what Gilliland said happened the lap before is true then I can see his anger - that said rough driving is not to be excused. It is his first offense if it happens again I bet he's seriously parked and gets yearlong probation. That said I guess the question is - should Montoya be afforded the courtesy that say a points leading Jimmy Johnson would have likely got from Gilliland - hard to say but I think so. Apparently Gilliland didn't know Montoya was a lead lap car. The drivers should just let it go. NASCAR will be watching. The incident changes nothing about my opinion of Montoya.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2008, 21:42
Sorry Easy Ed,
But I side with Jimmy Spencer. Jimmy saw it and he stated that he's lost all respect for Gilliland....

Ferry_vO
November 5th, 2008, 02:39
Ed, there's a link to a video of the accident in the link panther posted.

Personally I think they should take away Gilliland's license and sue him for attempted manslaughter. People with an IQ below room temperature shouldn't be allowed to drive anyway.

wombat666
November 5th, 2008, 03:04
Ed, there's a link to a video of the accident in the link panther posted.

Personally I think they should take away Gilliland's license and sue him for attempted manslaughter. People with an IQ below room temperature shouldn't be allowed to drive anyway.

:applause::d:d:d:d:d:applause:

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2008, 04:32

That's kinda how Jimmy Spencer felt about the whole ordeal....

EasyEd
November 5th, 2008, 21:22
Hey All,

That looked pretty blatant to me - shades of Scott Speed! I wasn't impressed with JPM moving the 38 either as they showed. Suffice to say I think NASCAR went a bit soft on Gilliland as retaliation like this should never be tolerated however those of you who have followed NASCAR have seen worse especially some of the retaliation on pit road with crews out which I think is much worse than this. I've no doubt NASCAR will be watching. I'm no fan of Gilliland but this is a definite strike against him.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2008, 04:34
I think NASCAR went a bit soft on Gilliland
-Ed-

NASCAR should've talked to Jimmy Spencer on how to penalize. They were a LOT soft, not just "a bit".

You're absolutely right Easy Ed - Jimmy Spencer "tells it like it is"....(It's just too bad NASCAR doesn't listen to him)