PDA

View Full Version : WWII Scenery

Rezabrya
February 7th, 2010, 12:17
I am recently really getting into WWII flying. I have many warbirds like most of the A2A planes, the WBS MUstangs, the FCS Lancaster, and many others. I am looking for some cool sceneries to fly out of. Ones in France and Britain and other places would be much appreciated. If someone could list off some of the cool WWII sceneries, I would really appreciate it!

IanP
February 7th, 2010, 12:27
Well, mine aren't much to call home about, but feel free to play...

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk

Lewis-A2A
February 7th, 2010, 12:30
For FSX ians site is the place to be. :ernae:

DickB
February 8th, 2010, 01:11
I endorse Ian's scenery too. And his service/support is second to none in my experience.

There are some WWII airfields here:

http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/html/fsx.html

Most of these airfields are modelled as present day, but RAF Lissett is modelled in WWII form, complete with Alphasim AI Halifax traffic.

Not sure whether you're interested in payware scenery (or even if I'm allowed to mention it ?), but FYI the following are also available for FSX:

RAF Driffield - standalone from SDB via SkySim with concrete runways and packaged with FCS Wellington with grass runways. (I prefer the latter)

RAF West Malling - packaged with RealAir Spitfire

RAF Pocklington and Goxhill - SDB via SkySim

RAF Stapleford Tawney and Kenley - packaged with FCS Hurricane

I also have a WWII version of RAF North Weald, but I can't remember where it came from !

If anyone knows of any others I would be very interested to hear of them too.

Mickey D
February 8th, 2010, 04:00
I endorse Ian's scenery too. And his service/support is second to none in my experience.

There are some WWII airfields here:

http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/html/fsx.html

Most of these airfields are modelled as present day, but RAF Lissett is modelled in WWII form, complete with Alphasim AI Halifax traffic.

Not sure whether you're interested in payware scenery (or even if I'm allowed to mention it ?), but FYI the following are also available for FSX:

RAF Driffield - standalone from SDB via SkySim with concrete runways and packaged with FCS Wellington with grass runways. (I prefer the latter)

RAF West Malling - packaged with RealAir Spitfire

RAF Pocklington and Goxhill - SDB via SkySim

RAF Stapleford Tawney and Kenley - packaged with FCS Hurricane

I also have a WWII version of RAF North Weald, but I can't remember where it came from !

If anyone knows of any others I would be very interested to hear of them too.

Stapleford Tawney,Kenley AND North Weald are by Team SDB :) and are included with the FCS Hurricane

DickB
February 8th, 2010, 04:07
Stapleford Tawney,Kenley AND North Weald are by Team SDB :) and are included with the FCS Hurricane

Aha - that makes sense. Thanks Mickey.

jdhaenens
February 8th, 2010, 05:36
And RAF Oban, Oak Harbor, RAF Gutersloh (just ignore the Tab Vee's), and Floyd Bennet Field. All available at Flightsim dot com.

I'm working on a Barakoma (Vella Lavella in the Solomon Islands).

Jim

Mickey D
February 9th, 2010, 01:44
We also did the grass Driffield for the Wellington ;)

Ian. Nowt wrong with your scenery mate. I'm never happy with my own but people seem to like it.

DickB
February 9th, 2010, 02:01
I love the grass Driffield and fly it all the time, waiting for someone to come up with a grass Scampton - which looks like it shouldn't be too long now !