PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head again

tonybones2112
February 7th, 2010, 11:17
One of the first planes I downloaded was the Japanese bomber Lorna. I was testing TR's P-70, unipped the Lorna for a target. Flew against it, shut the computer off and carried on.

I restart next day, and the Lorna will now not even show up in CFS2, I've unzipped it again and can;t get it to show up at gunpoint. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks

Bones

Shessi
February 7th, 2010, 21:51
Just dl'd and QC'd with it, and no problem in FF. Shut down and fired up the pc and still can see and QC, FF with the Lorna. It is an old CFS2 spec model, but no other problems.

Have you checked over the obvious of sound, panel etc?

Are you running XP or Vista or?

Cheers Shessi

tonybones2112
February 8th, 2010, 08:24
Just dl'd and QC'd with it, and no problem in FF. Shut down and fired up the pc and still can see and QC, FF with the Lorna. It is an old CFS2 spec model, but no other problems.

Have you checked over the obvious of sound, panel etc?

Are you running XP or Vista or?

Cheers Shessi

I downloaded it again from Simviation. Same thing, it won;t show up. I'm running XP Pro. Sound(aliased to Zero sound), texture, all seems to be in order.

Thanks Shessi

Bones

peperez
February 8th, 2010, 10:00
I downloaded it again from Simviation. Same thing, it won;t show up. I'm running XP Pro. Sound(aliased to Zero sound), texture, all seems to be in order.

Thanks Shessi

Bones

Go to the airfile an looks it's not an AI plane.

tonybones2112
February 9th, 2010, 06:31
Go to the airfile an looks it's not an AI plane.

I wouldn't know what to look for Pep. It has a panel and 2 .dps and I think 2 .mdls for two versions if you want another one. I have the same problem with the conversion of the Beech D-18, one of Paul Rebuffet's 109 G-10s, and the Japanese Renzan(Rita) flies for about 2 seconds and crashes to desktop, both versions, the old and the corrected. Other than these mentioned, I've had no problems with aircraft not showing up, I have to assume that it's my equipment here.

Thanks

Bones

tonybones2112
February 9th, 2010, 08:35
I got to looking in Jones QC Editor and notice the Lorna shows up in JQCE, which makes me wonder what JQCE is seeing that CFS2 don't.

Bones

Shessi
February 9th, 2010, 08:49
Well that's good. the JQCE probably looks for something like an mdl, cfg and dp file, so that's good that it is picking it up. I really can't see that after initially simming with it, it then will not show up??? Ahhh! Have you changed to another of the mdls? Look carefully at the naming of everything ie mdl, model.cfg, ac.cfg and airfile I bet something looks like the original but is subltly different?!

Cheers Shessi

OBIO
February 10th, 2010, 22:43
Bones

There is only one real MDL file in the Lorna MODEL folder...Q1W1_Lorna.MDL. The other files are junk and should have been deleted from the package before uploading. If you changed the Model.cfg file to use any of the other "mdl" files, that is the source of your problem. Make sure your model.cfg looks like this:

[models]
normal=Q1W1_Lorna

Anything else and the sim will be trying to read something that is not a real MDL file.

As an aside, a while back...I began working on the Lorna...new skins, tweaked canopy glass, better prop blur, sharper VC gauge resolution. I had forgotten all about it until this thread....I will have the second skin done tomorrow, then maybe knock out a few more....these skins will be pure imagination....just something to give the Lorna a few changes of clothing to wear.

OBIO

tonybones2112
February 12th, 2010, 01:45
Well that's good. the JQCE probably looks for something like an mdl, cfg and dp file, so that's good that it is picking it up. I really can't see that after initially simming with it, it then will not show up??? Ahhh! Have you changed to another of the mdls? Look carefully at the naming of everything ie mdl, model.cfg, ac.cfg and airfile I bet something looks like the original but is subltly different?!

Cheers Shessi

Shessi, little incidents like this sometimes lend credibility to the possibility of the existence of gremlins, lol.

I checked the files, made sure everything was named correctly, deleted the extraneous stuff(3 files in the model folder that were ".bin" multimedia files)and it still won't show up. The problem will be found, I;ve been in computers since Atair days and every Commodore was the same, I've never seen two identical PC-matrix computers running identical M$ operating systems that behaved the same, as I said, it's probably my equipment.

On a side note, I owe you a reply on a PM. I'm waiting for the SOH file transfer to come back up, I wanted to see if the broken links get fixed. I want all your textures for the Ju-88. I have Ted Millers C-2, all the KM, I am lacking the -D model recon that was uploaded to SOH some weeks ago. We'll get that sorted our, I'm in no hurry.

Thanks

Bones

tonybones2112
February 12th, 2010, 02:55
Bones

There is only one real MDL file in the Lorna MODEL folder...Q1W1_Lorna.MDL. The other files are junk and should have been deleted from the package before uploading. If you changed the Model.cfg file to use any of the other "mdl" files, that is the source of your problem. Make sure your model.cfg looks like this:

[models]
normal=Q1W1_Lorna

Anything else and the sim will be trying to read something that is not a real MDL file.

As an aside, a while back...I began working on the Lorna...new skins, tweaked canopy glass, better prop blur, sharper VC gauge resolution. I had forgotten all about it until this thread....I will have the second skin done tomorrow, then maybe knock out a few more....these skins will be pure imagination....just something to give the Lorna a few changes of clothing to wear.

OBIO

It's weird Obio. It ran once session, it makes a great target. I gave it a third unzip, deleted all the extras down to a basic configuration, and the best I can get is it shows on Jone's QC Editor but nowhere in CSF2. Oh well, not a biggie, I'll be looking forward to what you come up with for it.

Thanks

Bones

Devildog73
February 12th, 2010, 04:09
Tonybones,
I have had similar problems with the IJN_G3M_NELL and F1M2 Pete.
Sometimes, those Irish gremliins, in our house referred to as the "wee people" (since my redheaded Irish wife of 33 years refers to them as such) get involved in computer programing.

I wonder if anyone used them as static displays in some of your scenery? I know that is the deal with the two I mentioned. In MB, I still get the error messages about the F1M2 not being found, but it flies just fine in FF and QC even though JQCE does not see it, nor the IJN_G3M_Nell. SO, I guess my problem is just the opposite of yours. Mine are there but Jones QC Edit does not see them. Your JQCE sees them, but not your CFS2.

Go figure!???

Jagdflieger
February 12th, 2010, 04:42
Odd. It must be a gremlin.

Flight sims do not run very well on my lap top, but I recently put CFS 2 on it in a vain attempt to stay current. I loaded up the Lorna and it flew in FF fine. I then made a mission and intercepted a gaggle of 'em with a flight of Corsairs and that worked well too. I didn't change anything in the "as issued" files that came with the Q1W1.

tonybones2112
February 12th, 2010, 12:15
Tonybones,
Sometimes, those Irish gremliins, in our house referred to as the "wee people" (since my redheaded Irish wife of 33 years refers to them as such) get involved in computer programing.

I wonder if anyone used them as static displays in some of your scenery? I know that is the deal with the two I mentioned. In MB, I still get the error messages about the F1M2 not being found, but it flies just fine in FF and QC even though JQCE does not see it, nor the IJN_G3M_Nell. SO, I guess my problem is just the opposite of yours. Mine are there but Jones QC Edit does not see them. Your JQCE sees them, but not your CFS2.

Go figure!???

DD, I have both planes you mention and will set them up and see what they do for me and let you know. I unzipped a Pete last night and set all the object .dps, sceneries, texture, etc., etc., and I have the IJN Nell.

I've been involved with computers as we know them for 35 years and I stick to my guns: I've never seen two identical PC-matrix computers running identical M$ operating systems that ran the same, there was ALWAYS a glitch in something.

I'll let you know.

Bones

tonybones2112
February 12th, 2010, 13:39
Odd. It must be a gremlin.

Flight sims do not run very well on my lap top, but I recently put CFS 2 on it in a vain attempt to stay current. I loaded up the Lorna and it flew in FF fine. I then made a mission and intercepted a gaggle of 'em with a flight of Corsairs and that worked well too. I didn't change anything in the "as issued" files that came with the Q1W1.

Same here Jagd. This is not a gaming computer. I unzipped Lorna for a fourth try, no go.One thing I noticed is if you let it unzip itself without directing to a "hanger" directory before manually placing it into CFS2 is the original unzip instructions were to desktop, to me a little unusual.

Thanks

Tony

tonybones2112
February 12th, 2010, 13:50
Tonybones,

Go figure!???

I have a term for the Big Gremlin in $eattle I don't post in public forums where women and children might be watching.

I tried the same Nell as you, set up in JQCE and flew Thicko's Gladys(Gladiator). Splash 4 Nells. Now, I have a rather simple Pete from over at Simnetwork, I have all of Yashico-San's, and I have the one by Charles Simpson, with work by Martin Wright and Crying Toto. Is this the same as yours? This was my test Pete, and Gladys splashed 4 Pete's. I set the two up in a simple mission in MB, strafed the hell out of them both as simple parked objects. If your Pete is a different one let me know and I'll set it up and let you know the results, but as you said, we are having the opposite results.

Buddy, it's actually humorous the way some of this stuff works.

Bones