PDA

View Full Version : JU-88 cockpit file

timbo2410
February 7th, 2010, 03:17
Hi again one and all. I've downloaded and installed a bunch of JU-88's (amongst others) from Beau's site. Now I flew these and of course the cockpit is missing (in game it goes to the radio operators station). Now I've downloaded the cockpit file. Does this go in the downloaded JU-88 folder or the stock JU-88 folder or just in the main "aircraft" folder ?
Thanks again for all the help
:ernae:

ndicki
February 7th, 2010, 03:40
In CFS3, it doesn't matter where you put texture files; it scans the entire install in any case. It's generally best to create a new folder in CFS3/aircraft, call it Ju88_shared or something you'll remember, and throw all the shared cockpit files into that. It's easier than having the shared files in the folder of one specific aircraft, because if you have a number of different aircraft using the same files, you'll forget which one it is...

timbo2410
February 7th, 2010, 04:14
is it the same for ETO?

lewis11777
February 7th, 2010, 05:54
If the cockpit file is an .m3d file then it belongs in the "model" folder which should be inside the aircraft folder. If the cockit pit file is a texture (.dds) file, then as Nigel said it should be kept in a shared file. CFS3 is configured with a common aircraft shared folder and a weapons shared folder. I deleted those and put one main folder for all shared files just inside the main CFS3 folder. Removing all shared files from individual aircraft and weapons folders eliminates the possibility of duplicating texture files. If you ever get an unexpected or bizarre texture rendering, a duplicate .dds file is usually the problem.