PDA

View Full Version : New Custom PCs for FSX

Faceman
February 6th, 2010, 16:33
I've started up a small company building High-End systems engineered just for FSX called Natural Selection PC.

http://www.naturalselectionpc.com

We are partnership of hardware guys that have been in the high-end pc building business for a while and decided to start our own thing! We've been avid flight sim enthusiasts for quite some time also (I remember green ground and blue skies and jaggy white runways).

All of our systems are powered by i7 CPUs and SSDs. We also offer to install and configure a scenery bundle including REX v2, FSGenesis (complete coverage), GEX enhanced (USA, Canada, & Europe), UTX (USA, Canada, & Europe)and A2A simulations Shockwave 3D lights. All on a separate SSD.

Thanks for reading and happy flying!

harleyman
February 6th, 2010, 16:45
Why do you run just 1333 ram...Those Mobos will run 1600 and up?

JSkorna
February 6th, 2010, 16:52
Wow, you got licenses to install all that software on each computer?

What happens if a customer needs to reinstall a product?

"When will FS11 be released? We don't know but we will keep you updated on any details we recieve. Keep up by following our Blog (http://naturalselectionpc.blogspot.com/)."

What FS11 and recieve is spelled wrong.

It costs $297 to purchase the software package. Why do you charge $380?

ryanbatc
February 6th, 2010, 16:55

Well I assume they did since if you configure a system and add that software the price goes up 400+ bucks...

But imho the top of the line system is a little pricey. However, I recognize a certain amount of labor is involved...vs building one yourself.

For instance, the OP wants about $3000 for the mid range i7 960-based system... I think I could build an i7 920 system, OCed for under 1500... including the OS.

And what good is a 30GB SSD going to do anyone? If FSX isn't installed on it, there's no point to having one. I recognize SSD's aren't cheap but you'd want at least a 80GB drive for FSX and all its addons.

Seaking055
February 6th, 2010, 17:18
IMHO.........something is very wrong here !!

nuff said !

Faceman
February 6th, 2010, 17:52

You are set up with your own accounts for all of the titles. We install them for you on your system.

It costs $297 to purchase the software package. Why do you charge $380?

The software is in addition to the Solid State Drive that it is installed on. Your system will then have 2 SSDs.

Henry
February 6th, 2010, 18:07
personally i am a little concerned
this is your first post and you are selling something
could be considered as trolling
i could take that from a member who has been here a while
BUT!
H

David_L6
February 6th, 2010, 18:12
personally i am a little concerned
this is your first post and you are selling something
could be considered as trolling
i could take that from a member who has been here a while
BUT!
H

I agree Henry.

txnetcop
February 6th, 2010, 18:26
Faceman,

Harleyman, HeyMoe, David_L6 and a host of other guys that are PC knowledgeable in forum have done just fine building for people here in the forum and for a whole lot less money that you charge. Plus our units we either help people with or build for are probably faster. How about showing off your specs. By the way I am a hardware engineer. I test hardware equipment for TechCorp in Austin for all mfgs of computer parts and off the shelf. I also build for the flight-sim community and have been a member for a LONG time before I ever advertised a service. I have never seen one of your units on our test bench. I take exception that you are a relatively new member and the contribution you bring to the table is you want us to buy your product...not a great way to enter our forum!

JSkorna
February 6th, 2010, 18:47
You are set up with your own accounts for all of the titles. We install them for you on your system.

The software is in addition to the Solid State Drive that it is installed on. Your system will then have 2 SSDs.

So the customer visits each store, purchases the software, and then you download it and install it? That won't work for the Flight1 wrapper system for sure because you would need to know some information only the purchaser would know. So the $400 is for the SSD and the installation of the software?

spotlope
February 6th, 2010, 22:15
Not to drag us off topic, but it's nice to see you 'round these parts again, Ted. :salute:

CodyValkyrie
February 6th, 2010, 22:39
Not sure if it is legit or not. I did however send an e-mail to the owners of Flight1, REX and A2A.

If it is legit, good luck.

harleyman
February 6th, 2010, 23:53
Not sure if it is legit or not. I did however send an e-mail to the owners of Flight1, REX and A2A.

If it is legit, good luck.

Very well thought out Cody V....:applause:

txnetcop
February 7th, 2010, 03:21
Not to drag us off topic, but it's nice to see you 'round these parts again, Ted. :salute:

Thanks Bill I miss you guys but I'm only in for a short visit this time. It's been one helluva year so far but I hate sob stories. I'll be checking in now and then-too much going on to be involved yet. This guy just got my blood pressure up. We have some good builders in here already, and his prices were way out of line anyway. I can hardly wait to see if what he does is legal I also contacted Flight1.
Ted

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

harleyman
February 7th, 2010, 04:55
Thanks Bill I miss you guys but I'm only in for a short visit this time. It's been one helluva year so far but I hate sob stories. I'll be checking in now and then-too much going on to be involved yet. This guy just got my blood pressure up. We have some good builders in here already, and his prices were way out of line anyway. I can hardly wait to see if what he does is legal I also contacted Flight1.
Ted

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Hi Buddy...hang in there Ted...it gets better with time my friend...We are all thinking of ya ..Trust that !

DX-FMJ
February 7th, 2010, 08:51
We also offer to install and configure a scenery bundle including REX v2, FSGenesis (complete coverage), GEX enhanced (USA, Canada, & Europe), UTX (USA, Canada, & Europe)and A2A simulations Shockwave 3D lights.

Hmm (fishy), I'm not even going to comment on how many things are wrong with this statement. :mixedsmi:

N2056
February 7th, 2010, 09:24
When your first post is just a free advertisement I would suggest that you are only here for that purpose, and as such I would ask the moderators to pull said ad.