PDA

View Full Version : 'Danica Patrick Finishes 6th In Her Arca Debut'

Panther_99FS
February 6th, 2010, 15:35
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/arca-gerhart-daytona-winner-patrick-sixth/

Cazzie
February 7th, 2010, 01:47
And I have to eat my crow! :ernae:

She drove a damn good race, even saved the car and made smart moves when she needed to.

Now never mind that Alli Owens, another woman given little claim, rode third much of the race and finished 6th at the ARCA Talledaga race last year, but just got involved yesterday. That's the key to Daytona (and Talledaga), don't be involved. Danica drove the above the kind of race she had to, she's a racer. My Munter lady was involved in one of the early fracases. But I never said anything about Liana being a driver, a looker yes, but she middle of the pack at best as a driver. Ms. Patrick just might cut the ice for short little lady! :ernae:

IMHO, the ARCA race was better than the Shootout.

Caz

Terry
February 7th, 2010, 01:49
Tony Eury Jr summed it up quite well "You done good girl".

stansdds
February 7th, 2010, 04:07
That was an exciting race and I bet having Danica run in it drew in tons more viewers, maybe even people who have never heard of the ARCA/ReMax series.

EasyEd
February 7th, 2010, 11:17
Hey All,

I didn't see the race yesterday so I'm keeping an eye on it today while I watch curling (Jennifer Jones and team Canada against Kathy O'Rourke and team PEI. When Jennifer Jones retires I'll be an Erin Carmody fan!) at the Scotties. That said what I've seen so far of Danica and the ARCA race...

1) Danica is clearly a rookie. It shows in how completely focused on getting comfortable with the car she is. No cocky I'm an Indy car driver I can handle this attitude what so ever - really a good sign of a driver who knows how much she has to learn - even in NASCAR's C League. This bodes really well for her future. I think Montoya has read her right only underestimating her humility when it matters.

2) Nelson Piquet Jr. - driving well also with a lot to learn.

3) Why no fuss over Milka? Has she ever driven NASCAR before?

4) Go Jennifer Jo Cobb, Alli Owens and Jill George - I hope you all get a shot at the "bigtime" - especially - in my opinion - Jennifer Jo. Leilani I think has gone as far as her ability as a race car driver will ever take her - mainly because of all the distractions in her life. I do admire her environmental stance - a green race car team - whood a thunk it?

5) Caz I hope crow tastes like chicken? :icon_lol: Most of the crow I've eaten in my life tasted like buzzard!

Hope to catch a rerun of the shootout although my gut feel is RCR is BACK if Kevin can win that race.

-Ed-

PRB
February 8th, 2010, 03:47
She did well, but, I wouldn’t start throwing Crow Burgers on the grill just yet... There is something about plate tracks that have more than their share of winners who can’t finish well anywhere else. Look at the driver of the 5 car in ARCA (with Lucas on the hood, forget his name now). He has six wins in ARCA, all of them on plate tracks. Then there’s Mike Waltrip, and, dare we say it, Dale Jr… And back to ARCA, Frank Kimmel has, what, 27 championships? And no wins at a plate track! Lets see how she does on the rest of the tracks first… :icon_lol: