PDA

View Full Version : Grob Spn Utility Jet

falcon409
February 6th, 2010, 12:55
Has anyone else seen this? Apparently it was a proposed STOL type jet being built by Grob that never made it into production after a fatal accident. I'm sure someone here knows the full story and will post it, so I won't bother, lol.

Anyway, the model is actually nicely done, fully functional VC with glass cockpit. No real detail in the interior texturing which is easily remedied with some time and PSP. The start sequence is something of a bear until you run it several times (I printed out the readme) and getting all the PFD's and MFD's up and running was a bit of a puzzle the first few times, but once up and running they are chock full of information. No GPS popup (actually, no popups at all), it relies on preset Flight Plans for all it's information. No 2D, strictly VC flying here.

There's probably more, but I don't remember anything else major. Oh yea, the autostart function for FSX is deactivated in this model so the only way it will start is get the startup sequence correct.

CG_1976
February 6th, 2010, 13:23
Cool, I got a place right in my Sq hanger for this medical jet. Thanks for the HU.

falcon409
February 6th, 2010, 13:32
Cool, I got a place right in my Sq hanger for this medical jet. Thanks for the HU.
There are three liveries (1 ambulance and 2 pax) and 2 models, one for the ambulance you see in these pics and then one for passenger travel.
The sounds are aliased to the default CRJ, but I dumped that one soon after installing FSX, so I aliased it to the PAD Falcon 7X. . .about the same size and type and so it fits pretty well.

Lionheart
February 6th, 2010, 20:20
Love those glass panel gauges! That is some nice work there.

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Bill

Bjoern
February 7th, 2010, 10:22
Very nice, but too FPS heavy, like just about every other plane with GDI+ gauges.