PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Simulations Diamond Star XLS OUT!!!

Cag40Navy
February 6th, 2010, 11:58
just found it today!

click HERE! (http://irissimulations.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=126&osCsid=ca703fa66d84e52a48fe63964d1ff104)

IanP
February 6th, 2010, 11:59
Looks nice. :applause:

My budget has been blown for the next three months in the very non-FS related way, but that's on the ever-extending list. :icon_lol:

falcon409
February 6th, 2010, 12:31
Yep, same here, I tried to make an online purchase yesterday and had my card declined, lol. . .guess I'm outta luck for the foreseeable future. Looks awesome though. Nice job David and Team!!:salute:

Smudge
February 6th, 2010, 13:21
Thanks for posting the heads up..at 3am this morning I didn't feel like doing it..lol. Anyway, here's some accompanying images from the site.. :) All it needs is guns on the wings and it'll fit right in!

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/1.jpg

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/3.jpg

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/4.jpg

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/5.jpg

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/vc2.jpg

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/pro/da40/large/vc4.jpg

Txmmy83
February 6th, 2010, 13:37
looks nice Smudge,
looks like another definate purchase :applause:

does it have a Paintkit ?

calypsos
February 6th, 2010, 13:38
That looks a nice model, but sorry (it must be an age thing:icon_lol:) that looks a very ugly and characterless subject aircraft. I am sure plenty here under 40 will disagree though!

strykerpsg
February 6th, 2010, 13:50
Looks nice! Now maybe they'll finish some of their older products in the works.....F-111, T-6B and F-35....love their work.

Matt

ryanbatc
February 6th, 2010, 13:52
Hows the G1000? Is it a default gauge?

Smudge
February 6th, 2010, 13:53
lol, this is one of the older projects in the works....it's been sitting on my hard drive for about a year now... and yes it comes with a paintkit... :)

stiz
February 6th, 2010, 13:58
anyone else notice the shameless plug on the post it note? :icon_lol:

Cag40Navy
February 6th, 2010, 14:09
i cant wait to buy it myself

CG_1976
February 6th, 2010, 14:13
Im thinkin of buying her but id loose her in the Snow:icon_lol: up here in the Arctic. Excellent job Iris.

Smudge
February 6th, 2010, 15:03
The G1000 is the default unit modded to include the engine management layout of the DA-40.

I'm hoping to further expand the unit in time.

ryanbatc
February 6th, 2010, 17:34
Thanks

CodyValkyrie
February 6th, 2010, 19:54
Dave, this aircraft is beautiful. I would highly recommend this aircraft folks. There is nothing I can find at this time that I don't like. The night lighting is simply stunning.

mohawk3
February 7th, 2010, 00:44
Great creation...especially that punk looking guy in the 'Air Force Academy' aircraft :salute:

bstolle
February 7th, 2010, 01:00
How is the framerate?
Even the standard Beech Baron with the glass cockpit is giving me already a noticable frameratedrop and the F1 Citation Mustang I even returned for that reason...

Smudge
February 7th, 2010, 02:53
Framerates are really system dependant.. I'm running a Core i7 with 6Gb DDR3 RAM, an NVidia 9600GT with 1Gb on board RAM and Win 7 Premium 64 Bit and I get 30FPS locked using default scenery...the more complex an area I visit, the less FPS I have.

However, with that being said, the aircraft has high res textures, 4096 for the main fus map and 2048 for the wings, and all that in 32 bit so it might take a bit of a texture load hit.

Again, the other item that MAY cause FPS loss will be the G1000, it displays in 1024 pixels for each MFD. Decreasing your pixel_size value in the panel.cfg for the PFD and MFD may help, but at the cost of gauge resolution.

At the end of the day, it's tested on a fairly good FSX machine with no problems, however there are plenty of tips and tweaks to try in order to find that happy balance between visuals and performance based on an individuals machine.

bstolle
February 7th, 2010, 03:06
Thanx for this informative explanation :)
Guess this one won't work on my PC.
However as I LOVE your excellent Christen Eagle, I'm luckily not missing too much.
The Eagle is for sure one of the very best GA planes available!!
Curious what the other GA planes will be...

Smudge
February 7th, 2010, 06:02
Guys, I've just uploaded a new version of the DA-40 to the IRIS server.. If you've bought it, log into the store and re-download your executable for Version 1.05.
Thanks to one of the new guys on the IRIS forum who flies the DA-40, we were able to address these minor issues quite quickly.. :)

The changelog for 1.0 to 1.05 is below.. :)

Current Version 1.05 (8th February 2010)

Reserve ASI white ‘flap’ limitation markings added.
G-1000 MFD and PFD now power up on battery only, no avionics power required.
G-1000 ASI values now match those shown in the AFM.
Rudder effectiveness increased and now match correct values.
Parasite drag scalar increased to 1.2 for more accurate cruise speed.

Please note that the green status lights on the external lighting panel are there for practical purposes to aid simmers in determining if a particular switch is on. This is NOT on the real aircraft and we are aware of that fact. It is included for your benefit.

Happy Travels..

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 07:20

One of many i'm sure.... just getting a few done fictional style then will release a pack...

flaviossa
February 7th, 2010, 11:33
Itīs a beauty, but a FPS killer. My fps occilates badly with this. Going from 15 to 60 in a question of miliseconds in a sparse scenery. And sttutes too. Did a "defrag" after the installation of it to make it better, but didnīt help much.
I did the same flight using the Diamond Star and the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 and it went smooth with the second. Maybe a patch in the future for better performance??
And i donīt know if it has anything to do, but the time to FSX loads a flight with the Diamond Star takes forever!!!!!! Not happening with other pay aircrafts.
For the rest, iīm completely satisfied, it flies very well. :icon_lol:

CodyValkyrie
February 7th, 2010, 12:01
I personally suffer very little FPS loss, mostly caused by the glass cockpit which is to be expected. No problems on my end to report.

CG_1976
February 7th, 2010, 12:30
Needs a fictional CAF Paint like the Twin Otters use. Still cant find her in the snow blind with all the white paint:icon_lol:.

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 12:56
Needs a fictional CAF Paint like the Twin Otters use. Still cant find her in the snow blind with all the white paint:icon_lol:.

get outta my head you, was just starting work on a canuck bird...:icon_lol:

CG_1976
February 7th, 2010, 12:59
get outta my head you, was just starting work on a canuck bird...:icon_lol:

Glad i can help lol. I do like the little post it note on the FO side:icon_lol: That'll encourage me to buy the F-16 very soon.

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 13:03
can tell when i've been involved that'll be changed that post it ;) as will the seat textures (The seat textures are my fault) any preference on a colour there? :kilroy:

CG_1976
February 7th, 2010, 13:15
My T-6's interior is custom Yellow/Red with 440sq's crest. One of the guys at Moosejaw did it for me.

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 13:20
ok can use the fabric badge on it, unless you have a nice and ultra clear one? :salute: will work on it overnight (After i've watched the Superbowl) :jump:

Cag40Navy
February 7th, 2010, 19:55
My T-6's interior is custom Yellow/Red with 440sq's crest. One of the guys at Moosejaw did it for me.
wow, you have yellow fever..... i think you might need a dose of white, black, and orange :engel016:

CG_1976
February 7th, 2010, 20:52
wow, you have yellow fever..... i think you might need a dose of white, black, and orange :engel016:

The yellow and red FIP scheme is the primary paint for all CAF SAR aircraft. Try taking a USCG fixed wing up here in the arctic 440Sq land and run her against our CAF SAR fixed wings in drills. The USCG fails in visability from ground which is very critical. The CAF scheme is much higher Vis and can be seen from the ground in our blinding snow/ice conditions. 442Sq in BC uses the same scheme on there Buffalo and Merlins. the worst color primary up here for SAR AC or Trainers is White or even dark orange. Civil Airlines up here know better and cancel flights when we hit 40-40-40. thats -40 Air -40 Ground -40 destination. This means CYZF is closed period.
And now some nice pics of my 3 hour trot around the Arctic. Hope the UK MOD don't mind I borrowed theres. Need to figure why my AA is goofy with paints but not the model.

Matt Wynn
February 7th, 2010, 23:53
ok she's been started...

ignore the red on the H/Stab....long way to go but getting there piece by piece...

CG_1976
February 8th, 2010, 06:10
Lookin good.

warchild
February 8th, 2010, 18:22
it's not paint on her.. adly, because of the materials used in making the composite, heat is a problem. to circumvent the problem, only certain areas of the plane can be painted.. the rest is white because of it's reflectivity..

CG_1976
February 9th, 2010, 12:38
it's not paint on her.. adly, because of the materials used in making the composite, heat is a problem. to circumvent the problem, only certain areas of the plane can be painted.. the rest is white because of it's reflectivity..

Eh what heat up here? We don't have heat just Air conditioning. Even in the Summer nothing gets hot here.

Txmmy83
February 10th, 2010, 12:58
it displays in 1024 pixels for each MFD. Decreasing your pixel_size value in the panel.cfg for the PFD and MFD may help

tried that
it works wonders even on a faster machines and I have noticed that it is not a very high quality drop

before I was between 20-40FPS
after I changed MFD & PFD to 512 Pixel 40-80FPS

BR
Tom