PDA

View Full Version : FSX Canberra?

falcon409
February 5th, 2010, 07:15
Aside from the old AlphaSim B-57 was there ever an FSX model built that anyone is aware of?

Quixoticish
February 5th, 2010, 07:22
Alphasim re-released their Canberra (The RAF and Luftwaffe versions, not the B-57) in full FSX native glory not too long ago.

falcon409
February 5th, 2010, 07:26
I haven't been over there in a while, thanks Chris, guess I missed that!!:salute:

cajj1
February 5th, 2010, 08:08
There are some nice Henry William repaints over at flightsim.com including a couple of USAF ones.

falcon409
February 5th, 2010, 14:40
There are some nice Henry William repaints over at flightsim.com including a couple of USAF ones.
Thanks cajj1, Henry did a nice job on those. I downloaded and installed three of them and actually, rather than spending money I really didn't have, I resurrected the original FS9 version, added Henry's paints, switched to an alias of the FA/18 soundset and it's all I need to be happy as a lark right now, lol. I flew from Andrews AFB down to Maxwell AFB (600nm) and shot a nice ILS approach, couldn't be happier:

ColoKent
February 5th, 2010, 22:01
....about a year ago if Alpha would be releasing the B-57 for FSX....

The answer was a predictable "NOPE"....

I would love to see some one build a detailed version of the B-57B, C, and EB-57...

Man that would be great in FSX. I know the old AS one works well in FSX, but it's getting bit old....

Kent

deathfromafar
February 5th, 2010, 22:45
Isn't Flying Stations doing an all new native EE version?

SkippyBing
February 5th, 2010, 23:00
Steve is doing the initial EE version(s) for FS9. As we both use gMax I should then be able to update it to FSX (i.e. using the FSX exporter and adding bump maps etc) timescale is fluid at this point, actually fluid doesn't describe the level of flexibility my planning currently needs...

nazca_steve
May 3rd, 2010, 19:32
Yep, I'm doing a variety of versions, as Skippy says, starting with the B.2. The B-57A is planned, and possibly the RB-57A but I haven't got around to them yet. In terms of external modelling, I have a variety of B.2 versions done, along with the TT.18, B.6, B(I).6, B.62 and am at work on the B.1 prototypes at the moment.

Timescale as Skippy also said, is flexible, but I am aiming for the FS9 release later this summer. No idea when a proposed FSX update would be though, that's not in my court thank God!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/nazca_steve/Canberras/TT18_b_041.jpg

ColoKent
May 3rd, 2010, 19:40
...would LOVE to see someone do the B-57 variants well....the EE versions have been done, redone, and done yet again (Like the EE Lightning...done, redone, and done yet again).

My gosh...to have a pristine, highly detailed B-57 series that is native FSX (to include a DSES EB-57 variant) would be....well-- something different that hasn't been done, redone, and done yet again!

Admittedly, the EE screenie by the OP looks sharp! Keep up the good work.

Kent

P.S. Why is a discussion of FS9 Cranberries in the FSX section and not FS9 section?

nazca_steve
May 3rd, 2010, 20:26
My apologies, Kent, I tentatively posted that notice about my FS9 work because there was a discussion prior to it mentioning conversion of them to FSX down the line, and I thought I'd show you what they look like so far.

I agree, the EE Cans have been done numerous times, and therefore I plan a portion of the release to be freeware. What I want to focus on are the variants that have not been done before, or in a dedicated fashion. Don't forget, the Canberra did 60 years in RAF service alone, so there is a lot of material to cover. But to your point, yes, you will see a dedicated B-57A from me for FS9, and most likely an FSX port-over. If anyone wants to do a dedicated FSX Canberra, be my guest however!

ColoKent
May 3rd, 2010, 20:46
....like I said-- your Cranberry is great looking....best of luck on it.

Kent

gradyhappyg
May 3rd, 2010, 20:57
Tim Conrad did the B57-F I don't think it was FSX native but it ported over well.
Great plane from him as usual. It's been a while I think I may have had to swap
out two gauges other than that A-OK.

Tweek
May 4th, 2010, 05:23
...would LOVE to see someone do the B-57 variants well....the EE versions have been done, redone, and done yet again (Like the EE Lightning...done, redone, and done yet again).

Not for FSX they haven't. There's only the AlphaSim B.2 available for FSX (of which you can get B-57 repaints - not sure how many B-57s had the side by side cockpit arrangement, though), and if you could point me to an FSX Lightning then I'd be more than happy!

There are many, many Canberra variants I'd love to see FSX'd. PR.9, T.17, TT.18, SC.9, etc. I'm sure Steve and Skippy will do a grand job.

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 10:40
...and Bill Holker's whole range of Canberras/B-57s for FS9 gets ignored.

hschuit
May 4th, 2010, 11:29
And what about the 5 Canberra packs by Paul Foster at Classic British Files (http://www.classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=select&id=7&orderby=2&page=3) , a huge variety of very well modelled variants. And they are FSX ready with XML gauges. There is only one downside, they do not have VC's.

nazca_steve
May 5th, 2010, 09:13
I couldn't agree more, Paul's Canberra range was massive and I always felt oddly overlooked. He put a huge amount of work into them, and it's by far the most comprehensive range, barring US Canberras out there.

Tweek
May 5th, 2010, 12:29
I was a big fan of Paul's Canberras, although unfortunately with the transition to FSX I stopped using them. I'm not one for port-overs.