PDA

View Full Version : On A Path of Discovery

falcon409
February 5th, 2010, 06:16
I continue to "find" these sites that I think are really cool and that I'm the first one to find them, only to discover that actually, I'm probably the last one to find it, lol. This is another one of those "falcon409 Great Discoveries" that everyone else has probably known about for years, lol.

http://www.luizmonteiro.com/

I am flying in the GAAR this week and had a question about what had been posted as my "Target Time" based on my average speed and the distance I had to fly. . .I thought it seemed a bit inflated and so I went looking for a site that would allow me to figure the "time, speed, distance" equation. This site is what popped up. Based on what I found, I'll be sending off an e-mail to the event coordinator this morning to request a second look at my "target time" based on what they figured my "target Speed" to be.

Rimshot
February 5th, 2010, 06:42
Coincedentally the guy that teaches navigation at the flying club I take lessons sent me that exact link today. It is a great site indeed :applause:

CodyValkyrie
February 5th, 2010, 07:34
HIGHLY recommended site. When I taught VFR flying on FS-MP and other places, I would often use this website as a visual learning tool.