PDA

View Full Version : Any other place to buy TongassX other than simmarket..?

Sky~6
February 4th, 2010, 23:39
Any other place to buy TongassX other than simmarket..?

I went to FSADDON and could only find buy by CD..I want the download..

Couldnt find it on Flight1..my preffered..

Cleartheprop
February 4th, 2010, 23:51
Hi there!
Download Tongass Fjords is HERE (http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-tongass-fjords-x.phtml) !

Francois
February 5th, 2010, 00:18
We'll have the download too soon, but I made us a new shop and things take time to get it all on there ;-)

I don't use Flight1 anymore for now ..... it will be either FSAddon Publishing or simMarket.

Cheers,
Francois

GaryGB
February 5th, 2010, 07:55
Hi Francois:

Just to clarify: :kilroy:

Does FSAddon still use the Flight1 "wrapper" for download and installation of the FSAddon packages such as Tongass Fiords, even if they are downloaded from a FSAddon / simMarket server ?

Many consumers like the convenience of that down-loadable delivery, installation, and registration system. ;)

Does FSAddon now offer a comparably convenient system for these down-loadable product packages ? :ques:

Thanks for explaining this for prospective down-loaders. :mixedsmi:

GaryGB

IanP
February 5th, 2010, 07:59
I don't use Flight1 anymore for now ..... it will be either FSAddon Publishing or simMarket.

Cheers,
Francois

I think Francois already answered that. ;)

Francois
February 5th, 2010, 08:07
I go craaaaaayzy !! When I put stuff on Flight1 wrapper, my mailbox fills with complaints about that. When I do it myself, my mailbox fills with complaints about NOT having the Flight1 wrapper.

I have built my own webshop now, which accepts payments through Paypal (and credit cards). I cannot use Flight1 in it, because Flight1 ALSO demands payment ;-) I am sure you folks don't want to pay us twice (although I wouldn't mind).

So for the new shop (which is mainly aimed at CD customers, the downloads are as always available from simMarket if you want fast dl times) you'll have to deal with ME for now.

Should that not work out well, I'll go back to F1 wrappers. The problem with that is that they can't be integrated in any shopping software (and they didn't want to sell our products in their own shop.... we must not be 'worthy' somehow).

I hope this is clear.

Francois

GaryGB
February 5th, 2010, 08:18
Hi Ian:

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding how the Flight1 wrapper works, as it has been quite some time since I installed Plum Island, which came packaged in the Flight1 "wrapper". :redface:

If an FSAddon product uses the Flight1 wrapper, does the download itself actually take place via Flight1 servers, and does the registration and activation take place via the Flight1 servers ? :ques:

Personally, I'm OK with other distribution and purchase systems as long as they take place via a secure sockets server system; it's just that I am uncertain what is meant by FSAddon not using Flight1 for now.

As I say, I'm OK with other methods of acquiring quality FS add-ons, and would just like to know what alternate conveniences are available for FSAddon products acquired via the FSAddon and simMarket servers.

Also, I'd like to know that my existing Plum Island purchase will still be able to activate via the Flight1 wrapper system in the future.

Thanks very much for any further clarification on this. :engel016:

[EDITED]
Ah, I see our posts crossed as I wrote; thanks for the explanation Francois; so, will my existing Plum Island purchase still work via the Flight1 wrapper ? :rolleyes:

GaryGB

spotlope
February 5th, 2010, 08:22
Just to clarify, if you bought Plum Island through the F1 wrapper, you've got a record on file with Flight1 and will be able to reactivate it using their system the same was as every other F1 wrapper-based product. I think Francois is just saying that he's not distributing Tongass via the F1 wrapper for now. That has zero effect on previous purchasers. Just want to make that crystal clear.

GaryGB
February 5th, 2010, 08:25
Hi Bill:

Excellent, thanks for that clarification... looking forward to enjoying your beautiful work in FS for a long time to come ! :ernae:

Regards,

GaryGB

bushpilot
February 5th, 2010, 08:46
I cannot use Flight1 in it, because Flight1 ALSO demands payment ;-) I am sure you folks don't want to pay us twice (although I wouldn't mind).

But maaaaaan now we Europeans have to pay the darn VAT. The darn VAT maaaan. I mean the darn VAT.

....just kidding of coursehttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif. But still the VAT:173go1:

Cleartheprop
February 5th, 2010, 08:49
Any other place to buy TongassX other than simmarket..?

I went to FSADDON and could only find buy by CD..I want the download..

Couldnt find it on Flight1..my preffered..

I guess the CD is not a bad thing after all ... :icon_lol:

spotlope
February 5th, 2010, 09:06
Francois is working on putting the download version on the store as well. It'll be up there in a bit, I'm sure. Hang on.

Francois
February 5th, 2010, 10:01
It appears we live in a complex world and my explanation qualities are not on a very high level these days.... :isadizzy:

Flight1 wrapper: You download the package from MY server. Flight1 does the administration and takes your money, then provides you with un unlock key for the already downloaded package. They pay us a month later.

FSAddon shop: You pay ME, via credit card or Paypal, still the same price in US$. I send you a download link and serial number and you download the same package from the SAME server (mine).

I may even provide BOTH services in future, but the trouble was that the web page on our site with the products became unwieldy, cluttered and impossible to maintain. The shop software I bought allows me easier adminsitration and maintenance and a less cluttered overview of ALL of our products.

The MAIN outlet is still, as before, the simMarket.com on-line shop from my friend Miguel. He accepts all kind of payments, provides an immediate and automated download link, and actually employs people to support your purchase.

All we do is provide you with MORE options to choose from.

And oh yes, ANY product bought prior to today is still supported by whichever system you bought it from, nothing changes.

Let me know if there are more 'issues'. If not, then I finally will make do of my weekend for a change :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Happy weekend to all,
Francois

Sky~6
February 5th, 2010, 18:04
Edit...used paypal.....what a pain...lol