PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having SOH download trouble?

ColoKent
February 4th, 2010, 20:11
Is anyone else finding that no matter what hotlink you select on the SOH file library main page, that the main page simply reloads?

Any idea what is wrong?

Kent

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2010, 20:21
As I understand it files are being transferred to the new server so normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. ;)

heywooood
February 4th, 2010, 21:10
check Harleymans stickie post above....its down for the upgrade

sandar
February 4th, 2010, 22:04
I haven't downloaded anything from this site for some time.

I do have a problem though. None of the pictures of downloads show. I don't know if it is a problem with SOH or my PC settings (I am still in the process of customising my PC after a reinstall of XP). SOH is the only flight sim site I have this problem.

OBIO
February 4th, 2010, 22:22
Last year this site was attacked so viciously that the server was destroyed....a new server was purchased and everything was restored from back ups. Some of the files in the download library, unfortunately, were lost or corrupted. The preview images were nearly all lost....and the effort needed to go into each of those packages, create a new preview pic and link it to the download simply isn't worth the effort...it would be a huge undertaking requiring several staff members.

Currently, the site is getting two new, faster, bigger, better servers....we have out grown our current server. It simply can not handle the amount of uploads, downloads and traffic...as a result you will notice some things that are not working, such as the file library...it is shut down during this process. Also, some services and features have either been shut down or scaled back to reduce the load on the current server to keep it from burning out until the two new servers are up and running.

OBIO

sandar
February 4th, 2010, 22:51
Obio, thanks for that. I was aware of the attack last year.
The preview images of the latest uploads don't show on my PC as well as some of the old file previews.
Since my PC got attacked and infected a few weeks ago, I have tightened up on my PC security and I suspect that might be responsible, but I am not 100% sure, hence the query. As I mentioend it is only SOH (that I am aware of) that I cannot see any previews.

ColoKent
February 5th, 2010, 05:08
....sorry about not being more heads-up about the sticky post.

Thanks,

Kent