PDA

View Full Version : Light at the end of the tunnel for online gaming

flyer01
February 4th, 2010, 18:58
For the ones who have not heard about this--------- the link:

http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=342702#post342702

And a quote from OBIO;

While the second server will add greatly to the reliability and speed of the SOH/Combatfs family of forums, preserve the current level of the download library and bring us a dedicated SOH FS'host for on line flying....it will not be free...we have to pay for it...meaning...we the members will have to open our wallets and send money to Ickie to pay for it all. I will gladly chip in what I can when I can through out the year to help pay to keep my addiction, I mean...favorite sim site up and running. Now the site needs its members generosity more than ever....we are now looking at about $10 thousand dollars a year to keep this site up and running...and that is just paying for the servers and band width...not counting any needed upgrades or repairs that may be needed down the road.

So, SOH/Combatfs members, it is time that more of us open our wallets and make small personal sacrifices to fund this site. Simply sitting in your chair while downloading free files while letting a few hundred members foot the bill will no longer work. We are calling on those members who have enjoyed the benefit of the forums, of the download library but who have not made donations to join those of us who have supported this site year after year with our contributions. I have never been able to give much, but I have been able to give something these last few years...and I know that my something added with all the other somethings have gotten the job done.

We have close to 17 THOUSAND members on the SOH/Combatfs family of sites. 17 THOUSAND! If each one of you, each one of us, donated a single US Dollar...we would have all the money we need to fund this site and to have a nice reserve for future expansion and repairs. If half of the total membership donated 2 US Dollars, we would still be in the shade.

But having 300 members trying to fund a $10 thousand dollar a year site is simply not feasible or realistic.

I know everyone will be excited about this site now having two servers, more bandwidth, a dedicated online flying site...now how many of you will show that excitement by hitting the Make a Donation button and helping to pay the bills?

OBIO

This is Big People!:applause:

flyer01:salute:

loverboy1
February 4th, 2010, 19:37
whats the solution monthly fee,

flyer01
February 4th, 2010, 20:25
whats the solution monthly fee,

I did not get that out of the thread-------- if that becomes the case it would be back to the IP games for me!

twosixalpha
February 4th, 2010, 20:36
It seem that there is always a cost to be paid to be the boss, and it aint small. In trying to wrap me head around anything to do with flight sims, the path almost always comes back to this site, and with the members, links, forums and staff, the trip becomes easier, more fruitful and enjoyable.
I find myself wanting to do something to help money wise, but I cant make it too much, fixed income and all. But around the 1st, I can slice some from the
hospital and docs budget, and even the beer and cookies budget,(cant touch the meds, internet, and choc mints tho). After I know for sure, Ill have someone M.O. it and snail mail it to you, (have to find out who, where, and how first tho) Meantime keep up the Great work, as they say now, this place Rocks.
I go back to closet now:salute: