PDA

View Full Version : CFS Multiplayer

Scandfox
February 4th, 2010, 14:32
Is it possible to check if CFS multiplayer mode works correct.
As AAC mission runs on Sundays it would be nice if I could make a test in the week.
Ports are checked OK but with an IP test with Scandbear........Nada!

brgds
Scandfox

hubbabubba
February 4th, 2010, 18:57
Send me an email and we'll fix a rendez-vous.

hubbabubba
February 7th, 2010, 10:46
I think that today's game settled the matter. :applause:

And NO weird collisions, NO double entry, no problem at all!

minuteman10
February 7th, 2010, 10:57
....Now...if we could get some new faces to join in....!!!:jump:

Scandfox
February 10th, 2010, 14:14
~S~ !

You will lose my face for two weeks but dont be sorry..... Scandbear will show up instead.

I have been ordered to Siam to make a test of the Singha Beer as an expert of liquids and Helga will acompany me as my secretary.

It will be hard work with sunshine,bathing,massage and............. but war is war....?

brgds

S......x

safn1949
February 11th, 2010, 06:16
We will all hope for your safe return,tip one for me.:d

Stephen304
February 22nd, 2010, 19:31
I'll be willing to play for a while. I have no school wed. thru fri. eastern us time. How do you guys do the multiplayer? Do you forward ports? The game didn't tell me which ones i needed to so i can only do it with hamachi (infamous for doing lan over internet)

minuteman10
February 23rd, 2010, 07:06
~S~ Stephen....We play every Sunday at 12 noon eastern. It is an I.P.game. Here is a link for some of the things that you would need....
http://www.freewebs.com/alliedaircorps/essentialfiles.htm

We use Teamspeak for comms....CFO allows us to set weather and time. Any of our members would be happy to assist you in getting setup. There may be some port forwarding involved...but some of our players are pretty good at it!
Post your questions and we'll help to step you along....MM :salute:

Stephen304
February 23rd, 2010, 13:10
cool... looks like someone is short on hosting funds...

Anyways, i know how to forward ports, i just need to know which ones. Is there no playing on any other days?

hubbabubba
February 23rd, 2010, 16:36
cool... looks like someone is short on hosting funds...

Anyways, i know how to forward ports, i just need to know which ones. Is there no playing on any other days?

You need to forward DirectX7 ports. You can find the list at Microsoft KB240429.

Some of us do fly in "private sessions", but we get better attendance in the week-ends. Other squads do fly during the week. I will let them do their own promotion...:engel016:

Stephen304
February 23rd, 2010, 17:01
Cool, ill probably be able to come to the sunday one, but i wish i could take advantage of no school for the rest of this week and play a bit earlier... and a bit more...

Is there currently a way to have a game lobby so you dont have to manually input the ip address of the hoster? That would make it awesome.

Edit: I found game lobby stuff: GameRanger... maybe you know about it? Anyways, looks like theres noone hosting cfs1 servers on it. Maybe someone will see mine :D

Stephen304
February 25th, 2010, 09:56
Where do i find the teamspeak info?

hubbabubba
February 25th, 2010, 12:53
Where do i find the teamspeak info?
TeamSpeak 2, the version we use at the AAC, is to be found HERE (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&archive=1).

You need to install the client version.

For further informations, visit the AAC Essential Files section HERE. (http://www.freewebs.com/alliedaircorps/essentialfiles.htm)

Stephen304
February 25th, 2010, 14:22
I already got teamspeak2, i just need the addy to connect :O