PDA

View Full Version : Stumped

Devildog73
February 4th, 2010, 13:23
I have F1M2 installed, entered in mdlnames, entered in descrip.dat, entered in QCplane, and yet scenery that uses it as static display keeps telling me that F1M2 not found in library. It is in some of the scenery BGLs, which is causing the problem. Is there a fix?

Shessi
February 4th, 2010, 15:03
DD,
Have you deleted all the 'filelist.dat' files since installing scenery?

Cheers Shessi

bearcat241
February 4th, 2010, 16:52
Another CFS2 quirk...If you want to go static object with a flyable aircraft, the aircraft.cfg's sim=XXXX name, *.mdl, *.air and *.dp names should all correspond exactly with the aircraft's folder name. So if the folder name is simply F1M2, the the aircraft.cfg sim name will be sim=F1M2,the air file will be F1M2.air, then F1M2.dp and lastly F1M2.mdl in the MODEL folder.

The model.cfg in the MODEL folder will also contain the name of the mdl:

[models]
normal=F1M2

You can get as creative as you like with the title name in the aircraft.cfg, e.g., title=F1M2 Type-0 'Pete' , but that's as far as it goes.

You should make two copies of this model - one for AI and player in QC and missions and another for static object usage. The static model should be set up as i've described above and remove any panel bmp's and sound wav files from the sound and panel folders and alias the panel.cfg and sound.cfg to the stock Zero. That will reduce load time for the scenery and the FPS impact as the CPU doesn't have to manage 5+ sets of panels and sound folders for 5+ static "targets".

Devildog73
February 5th, 2010, 09:45
The static model should be set up as i've described above and remove any panel bmp's and sound wav files from the sound and panel folders and alias the panel.cfg and sound.cfg to the stock Zero. That will reduce load time for the scenery and the FPS impact as the CPU doesn't have to manage 5+ sets of panels and sound folders for 5+ static "targets".

Ah, I'll bet that this is the problem. I did all of the other things and checked and rechecked that ALL of the names to make sure they all were EXACTLY the same. I even put a DP in the Objects_DP to see if that cured it. Now, I will rename the actual flying models to something else and delete the panel and alias the sound to zero.

Ravenna
February 5th, 2010, 14:31
Thanks Bearcat. That helps me fix a problem I've been having with MB for some time. :ernae:

bearcat241
February 5th, 2010, 18:45
Yeah, after bumping against this a couple of times with different addon models, i took a closer look at the way the stockers were config'ed and that's what i deduced -- you never see this problem with them as statics. Worked OK for the one's giving me fits...