PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51 price drop?

letsgetrowdy
February 4th, 2010, 10:25
Hi folks, (sorry if this is a re-post)

I went over to have a look at the Warbirdsim website, considering the P-51. I thought that the download was something like £40 and now it says it is apparently £24.95. This seems like a much better deal - I am thinking of a purchase. but is it worth it. The screenshots do make it look lovely, can I get some experianced opinions please?

IanP
February 4th, 2010, 10:33
Search this forum for "Warbirdsim" and decide for yourself.

Has Jan Kees heard any more about his problems with it yet?

No-one here will question the model - that's very nice indeed. Well worth twenty-five quid. However the security system does cause "issues".

letsgetrowdy
February 4th, 2010, 10:39
Yes, I think Jankees said over on the A2A forums that he has had to stop using this Mustang on his OS - and is back to the A2A bird.

IanP
February 4th, 2010, 10:43
It's nothing to do with his OS - if you add one too many repaints, the security system deactivates your aircraft. They are, I believe, looking into it, but this is only one of a number of issues with the security system, for instance you can also only use it in multiplayer or as AI if you are flying one of the aircraft from the pack and being a manual procedure, getting a timely response to an activation request is very hit and miss. No-one I know has yet tried to activate it again on a new PC following an initial successful install and activation.

Helldiver
February 4th, 2010, 11:14
Even at half price, $40 bucks for one airplane that has been done to death is completely out of the question. We're suffering a recession over here and to pay more that the Microsoft FSX costs for a single airplane is just plain ridiculous.

jankees
February 4th, 2010, 11:31
Well, if it works, it is probably worth half the price.
Mine is still in the hangar though, with transparancy problems (most annoying for repainter), and now it won't reinstall either...
I get a weekly mail from WBS, saying they are working on it. Good news is that apparently they have solved the 31 max repaints problem...
we'll see?

letsgetrowdy
February 4th, 2010, 11:34
good new Jankees.
so should i get it? I hear the security issues here are a nightmare.

jankees
February 4th, 2010, 11:43
good new Jankees.

Usually, their measures work fine, and it is a very nice, excellent looking model, with lots of (re)paints as well, so if you like warbirds (silly question) and you can afford it, go and get it. Do not expect to be flying immediately though!

c87
February 4th, 2010, 12:11
I bought the Warbirdsim Mustang package last Sunday, having seen lower price. I also did see the thread where some have had a nightmare getting their download.

Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. I know there are a lot of Mustang packages out there but I particularly like the B/C models - a refreshing change from all the D models.

My only hangup was the waiting for the download key and the installation process. I bought the plane on Sunday afternoon and received the activation email from Warbirdsim the next day at about 8am central US time. Since you have to wait for activation, there's no instant gratification like you get with other instant download products. At this price, it was worth it for me.

I'm attaching a pic (which is my first screenshot ever posted here) so I'm crossing my fingers that I do this right.

stiz
February 4th, 2010, 12:37
dont touch it with a barge pole .... support is next to none if you need it ... doesnt take a week to get a new key so i can reactivate due to getting new pc parts ... cheeky sods even said i changed my IP address!

also be warned .. when (of if ..) you do get your new activation it comes along with a bad attitude .. hope i didnt pay extra for that ..

SolarEagle
February 4th, 2010, 20:10
good new Jankees.

I would certainly avoid it, and support another company. If you don't already have the RealAir Spitfire, Classics Hangar FW-190, or A2A P-47, get one of those instead. I'm waiting for the A2A Mustang, which will be better than the warbirdsim version anyway.

IanHenry
February 4th, 2010, 21:34
I think the Flight1 P51D Mustang is very good and very underated.

Ian.

bazzar
February 4th, 2010, 23:21
Hey Rowdy, check your PMs...:engel016: