PDA

View Full Version : Best Terrain Mesh...

ColoKent
February 3rd, 2010, 07:56
All--

I'm in the process of upgrading my FSX setup with some after market add-ons. I've baught REX2, and I'll be getting GEX US, Canade, and Europe, as well as UTX for those three places as well.

Here is my question: Is there a clear consensus on the best terrain mesh out there?

I have version 1.2 of FS Genesis North America, Canada & Mexico, and the World. The thing I hate about it is that it produces "plateaus" around most of the large airports. I believe FSG did release a 2.0 for North America, Canada, Mexico, and the rest of the world, but I don't know to what degree it fixed the plateau issue.

Are there other meshes out there without this problem? I 'd appreciate any and all thoughts.

Regards,

Kent

BOOM
February 3rd, 2010, 08:15
By all indications..........this is going to BLOW OUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:
http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html

cvearl
February 3rd, 2010, 08:54
All--

I'm in the process of upgrading my FSX setup with some after market add-ons. I've baught REX2, and I'll be getting GEX US, Canade, and Europe, as well as UTX for those three places as well.

Here is my question: Is there a clear consensus on the best terrain mesh out there?

I have version 1.2 of FS Genesis North America, Canada & Mexico, and the World. The thing I hate about it is that it produces "plateaus" around most of the large airports. I believe FSG did release a 2.0 for North America, Canada, Mexico, and the rest of the world, but I don't know to what degree it fixed the plateau issue.

Are there other meshes out there without this problem? I 'd appreciate any and all thoughts.

Regards,

Kent

UTX is the most important wide area upgrade. Fixes VFR discrepancies and is very accurate as I use Plan-G on a computer next to me in Hybrid mode which is using the Google Earth map and what I see on THAT GE map is what is actually below me. Roads, rivers and lakes and high, medium and low density population landclass. I tried FSGenesis landclass as I bought it with Mesh and Landclass and it screwed up the visuals really bad in Canada. I had duplicate towns sitting next to eachother. The rooftops were the wrong color for my country. I had too many high rise apartments in towns where I know there are none. Just stuff like that. I went back to using UTX excluevely for that reason.

Only place UTX does not help is the areas outside of all that where I expect farm land I sometimes see forest and visa versa. That is FSX's issue though. FSGenesis fixed a bit of that but was not good enough for the other problems mixing FSGenesis and UTX caused in Canada for me.

Full Terrain PWN, Australia and Tasmania are good without anything else and the best you can get for localized.

Holger and the boys do Alaska like Tongass X superbly and it includes it's own Mesh.

My experience with Mesh upgrades is that the United States and Alaska are already 32m and that is really really good! Canada is 72m which is still not bad.

I tried some 19m Mesh and it cause alot of the airports to be in the bottom of pits or on pedestals and it does not appear to be that easy to remedy and there are hundreds of them. I did not find it worth the trouble and uninstalled most of my mesh products. This "plateau issue" as you put it effects hundreds of airports. I simply cannot be bothered.

REX 2.0 for sky and water is next most important IMO after UTX for the corrected landclass. Rest of my money goes into the localized hand made sceneries like that PNW and the high def airports that will become available for it.

Charles.

By all indications..........this is going to BLOW OUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:
http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html (http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html)

Agreed 110%!

C.

IanHenry
February 3rd, 2010, 09:12
Hi Kent,
FSG version 2.0 gets rid of the plateaus in the U.S. If you bought 1.2 from them I think you sould be able to download V2.0 free from their site, if my memory is correct.

Regards,
Ian.

limjack
February 3rd, 2010, 10:58
http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html

In the St. Helens shot (Volcano that erupted in 1980) you can even see the log jam in spirt lake and it is still there today. I will be looking forward to the pachage.

Jim