PDA

View Full Version : CH-47 (More Hookers than Las Vegas Showroom)

Chacha
February 2nd, 2010, 19:48
Check this out.... :ernae:

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/

patsytwo
February 2nd, 2010, 20:14
. . . and one of my all-time favorite flying beasties. I get to see them occasionally, even here in Springfield, Oregon. Columbia Aviation, just south of Portland, utilizes a variety of Vertol 107's (CH-46 Seanight), Skycranes and CH-47's.:ernae:

TARPSBird
February 2nd, 2010, 21:11
Those CH-47's and the USN/USMC CH-46's have paid for themselves many times over during their service lives. They make a lotta noise but getcha where ya wanna go (or sometimes where ya don't wanna go). :d

jmig
February 3rd, 2010, 03:17
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu! Chacha said a bad word.

:icon_lol:

:monkies:

cheezyflier
February 3rd, 2010, 06:47
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu! Chacha said a bad word.

:icon_lol:

:monkies:

i don't understand the part about the hookers :isadizzy:

Trans_23
February 3rd, 2010, 06:57
i don't understand the part about the hookers :isadizzy:
My guess is because they hook their payloads?

wombat666
February 3rd, 2010, 07:01
I never knew that you could actually go to a showroom to check out the 'Vegas Hookers'.
:jump:

cheezyflier
February 3rd, 2010, 07:29
I never knew that you could actually go to a showroom to check out the 'Vegas Hookers'.
:jump:

they have a showroom for that?

kilo delta
February 3rd, 2010, 08:25
they have a showroom for that?

Must keep the voyeurs happy!:icon_lol:

Wing_Z
February 3rd, 2010, 12:37
Tsk just 3 posts and the thread is derailed.. ;)
I've never figured out how they back that thing up to a craggy rock ledge, high on a mountain, so just the ramp is close enough to debus. :medals:
Arm around the copilot's seat, neck craned around: just a little more...2 feet, one...oops??

PRB
February 3rd, 2010, 13:42
“c'mon back ...c'mon back …c 'mon back ...(*crunch*) … HOLD IT!”

I just watched a Discovery Channel show about Marine 1, the USMC helicopter squadron that flies the US president around. When they bring the H-3 onto to the White House lawn, they have to land such that the three wheels sit on three small round thingies placed on the lawn so the wheels don't sink in. They're always practicing that approach and landing, because it's hard. And the co-pilot does look out and down saying “three feet, two feet, two feet right, steady, there...” etc.

Now, if I had somebody in FS-land doing that for me as I tried to land in a tight spot it would be very helpful!

Jagdflieger
February 4th, 2010, 03:11
A couple of shots of a "Hooker" at Fort Lewis on a training exercise.