PDA

View Full Version : MICROSUCK

egypt23spitfire
February 2nd, 2010, 14:58
the year is 2010, why havnt "microdollars made a "user friendly system able to port over all your used apps???

..........before you give the "laughing all the way to the bank crew" another cupla hundred for an opsys they are probably going to have to upgrade anyway. read this
.....and be aware that the XP is the 32 variety

..........http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/

Dangerousdave26
February 2nd, 2010, 20:21
Actually I have been very happy with W7 on my should actually be a XP machine since the Beta days. It runs every thing I want to run well and does some things that I like much better than XP does.

My advise to persons like your self that seem to be bothered with Microsoft is to switch to Linux (try Ubuntu or a MAC) and stop giving Money to MS.

I did not see anything in that article that has not been said before and still I like W7 better.

Moparmike
February 12th, 2010, 03:19
From what I see in that pre-Win7-release-date article (and the follow-up one from early Feb this year)...

On a 32-bit platform...
The author is correct, there isn't much advantage to the newer OS.

How about seeing some benchmarks using 64-bit apps on 64-bit hardware?
How many 32-bit machines can you even buy anymore these days? Why saddle a new 64-bit horse with an old 32-bit OS?

If you're running old hardware, then by all means stick with an older OS. It's been this way all the way back to the 80s.

And as Dave mentioned, there are plenty of non-Microsoft OS alternatives if you really have a problem with them.

That being said, the troll has been fed enough. This one is closed.