PDA

View Full Version : Laptop

Trans_23
February 1st, 2010, 09:10
I was thinking about getting a laptop soon. Can you all give me an opinion on the one in the link. I will want it for some gaming and movies. I may be going to work in Afghanistan in the near future so this will be my entertainment center while there. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180453950502&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNAFP:US:1123

hey_moe
February 1st, 2010, 11:43
Looks good to me, but I am funny about spending that kind of money on Ebay...hope it works for you ,Mike

Trans_23
February 1st, 2010, 12:27
I doubt I will buy it on E-Bay. I was there for something else and was just looking to see what was out there.

kilo delta
February 1st, 2010, 14:56
Looks good to me too....only thing I'd change would be the HDD's.....I'd prefer a 7200rpm version if possible.Order a spare battery or 3 if you won't have access to main power as battery life will be poor as it's basically a desktop replacement.;)

Trans_23
February 2nd, 2010, 08:40
I read a few reviews on this puter over at Newegg. Seems the gloss finish is a fingerprint magnet. Probably not the best thing for where I will be using it. The price for it on E-Bay was much better than Newegg also. I have bought a few things on E-bay over the years but I don't know if I would be comfortable getting something like a laptop. I am in no hurry at the moment so I am going to keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

KD: I didn't even look at the HDD specs. Thanks for the heads up. :ernae:

Tako_Kichi
February 2nd, 2010, 09:36
Last summer I picked up a 'refurbished' Gateway laptop online at Tiger Direct Canada (I was extremely leery at first especially when combining the terms 'refurbished' and 'laptop') but it's turned out to be one of the best deals I have ever had in over three years of buying computer parts from them.

It was immaculate and you could not tell it from a brand new one. It even came with Vista 64 pre-installed and it just needed activating on the initial start-up.

I have also purchased an 'all-in-one' refurbished printer from them and likewise it was immaculate too (a set of spare ink carts cost more than the printer!)

I would have no qualms about recommending refurbished products from Tiger Direct at all and the cost savings can be simply stunning compared to the regular list prices plus you get a warranty on the products which you probably would not get from Ebay.

Dangerousdave26
February 3rd, 2010, 08:47
I think this one is about as good as the one you are looking at. It is a gaming laptop by ASUS. The price is much better than the one you are looking at.

I am not sure why it has the 5400 rpm hard drive but it does. If I was to buy one and I am going to soon. I will swap out the hard drive for one faster and larger one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B2+D uo+Processor+-+Black/9556125.p?id=1218124208054&skuId=9556125