PDA

View Full Version : NAS Patuxent River download for FSX?

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 07:12
I'm looking for a NAS Patuxent River add on scenery for FSX. The file that I found on here is for 2004 and doesn't work (already downloaded it and tried). Does anyone know where else I can find a download of it?
Thanks!

JimC1702
November 4th, 2008, 07:30
Avsim

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124337

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2008, 08:37
That download gave me some problems, i.e. some fence lines going through the water.

Good luck.

NC

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 16:38
Ok, I downloaded that file. When it comes time for me to transfer the KNHK files to the 'add on scenery" folder. Whiles files do I move over there? I know the .bgl but, what other file?

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2008, 16:49
This is from the Readme file:

Extract the two files AFX_KNHK_JC.bgl and KNHK_JC.bgl into your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, re-start FSX and
enjoy.

That should do it!

Pete

JimC1702
November 4th, 2008, 17:33
I did this scenery, and if there are issues, I would guess it's because I have Ultimate Terrain X installed. I normally keep all work confined to the airport bouindaries so it has no effect if the user has UTX or not. But in this case, with the base being right on the coast, I had to adjust an apron to match the coastline. If the user doesn't have UTX, then that apron will be an issue because the default coastline is inaccurate.

Hope that helps.

Jim

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 19:03
This is from the Readme file:

Extract the two files AFX_KNHK_JC.bgl and KNHK_JC.bgl into your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, re-start FSX and
enjoy.

That should do it!

Pete

Hi Pete,
I did exactly what the readme file said to do. I am going to delete the fole, and reload it tonight after work. I'll let you guys know what happens from there.

I did this scenery, and if there are issues, I would guess it's because I have Ultimate Terrain X installed. I normally keep all work confined to the airport bouindaries so it has no effect if the user has UTX or not. But in this case, with the base being right on the coast, I had to adjust an apron to match the coastline. If the user doesn't have UTX, then that apron will be an issue because the default coastline is inaccurate.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Where do I get a copy of UTX at?
Is there any way to bypass it so this download will work for me?

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 20:37
Pete.
I extracted both the AFX_KNHK_JC.bgl and KNHK_JC.bgl files into my addon scenery/Scenery folder, then restarted FSX. Still nothing. When I go into my settings under fsx to "add" the scenery to the list, it's not there. Or for this particular download I don't need to do that?

JimC1702
November 5th, 2008, 03:01
No, you don't need to activate anything in the Scenery Library (provided Addon Scenery is active which it should be by default). Just copy the two .bgl files to Addon Scenery/Scenery and you should be good to go.

Ultimate Terrain X is here:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusa

It provides accurate rivers and streams, coastlines, roads, and railroads. It really makes VFR flying much better.

Jim

wildcat400
November 5th, 2008, 09:56
No, you don't need to activate anything in the Scenery Library (provided Addon Scenery is active which it should be by default). Just copy the two .bgl files to Addon Scenery/Scenery and you should be good to go.

Ultimate Terrain X is here:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusa

It provides accurate rivers and streams, coastlines, roads, and railroads. It really makes VFR flying much better.

Jim
Hi Jim,
It works now!!! Don't ask me how, but it really works.
Thank you so much for providing a great scenery add on. I like how there are care and trucks by the tower, and a fuel truck by the fuel station (near the tower) was a nice touch too. When you pass the tower (tower is on your left), and go down a bit, the hangar that is there with the helicopters is where I work in real life.
Again, thank you so much, and Pete (Navychief) thank you too!! :ernae:

JimC1702
November 5th, 2008, 11:22
Great! Glad it's working for you now. I've uploaded about 80 airports, many of them military bases, on Avsim. Check them out if you get a chance.

Jim

wildcat400
November 6th, 2008, 00:29
Great! Glad it's working for you now. I've uploaded about 80 airports, many of them military bases, on Avsim. Check them out if you get a chance.

Jim

Jim,
I will indeed check them out later on tonight. I already downloaded a few from this site, but am always looking for more NAS add ons.