PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Ken Stallings
January 31st, 2010, 14:54
Years ago, I decided it was best to leave SOH. There were many reasons for that decision. However, I am now starting my civilian life and as Panther posted several weeks ago my active duty USAF career is wrapping up after nearly 25 years of military service.

So, this is the time to return. I appreciate the many folks who spoke well of me -- that's a humbling thing that I can never take for granted. So thank you folks for that!

Anyway, to kick off my return, please click on this link below and enjoy the photos! This morning I took my two sons flying in the trusty Cessna Skyhawk over the snow covered landscape of northeastern New Mexico -- the high plains!
http://www.kenstallings.com/Flight_Over_Snow.htm

The flight started at Portales, NM with some photos of my home. Then we fly northwest to the Caprock area and then a few additional miles to Tucumcari, NM. Then onward to Ute Lake and its adjoining Canadien River. Then, we head back south to Clovis, NM and finally perform a full stop landing on the packed snow of runway 19 at Portales Municipal Airport where I base the plane.

Cheers, and glad to be back! And if an admin will be so kind as to manually adjust my link for the convenience of the membership, that would be appreciated.

Ken

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 14:59
Welcome back Ken! :applause::guinness::ernae:

PRB
Welcome back, Ken!
:ernae:

Panther_99FS
Ah...link doesn't work...:isadizzy:

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 15:00
Ah...link doesn't work...:isadizzy:

Whoops!
As a "new member", you need more posts before you can post a link...hang on, I'll post it for you..

Cloud9Gal
January 31st, 2010, 15:01
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs060.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Back Ken!!!

Yay!!!

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 15:04
Okay,
Here's Ken's "Flight Over Snow" link...(below)...
http://www.kenstallings.com/Flight_Over_Snow.htm

BladeRun
January 31st, 2010, 15:05
Welcome back Ken! I remember reading many of your posts back when I was here in 07. :ernae:

N2056
January 31st, 2010, 15:07
Welcome Back! :wavey:

First & foremost, I wish to extend my personal thanks to you for your 25 years of service to our country :salute:
I look forward to your future contributions to the Outhouse. It's good to have ya back!

harleyman
January 31st, 2010, 15:12
Looked like a beautiful day to go flying....:applause:

Thanks for the shots...

Welcome back...:ernae:

Odie
January 31st, 2010, 15:15
Welcome back, Ken ! Good to have a familiar face become familiar again...:icon_lol:

MCDesigns
January 31st, 2010, 15:16
Good to see ya again Ken, welcome! :ernae::ernae:

Kofschip
January 31st, 2010, 15:21
Welcome back Ken. It is great to "see" you again. It looks like you have the space to build a strip close to you home.....:bump:

jmig
January 31st, 2010, 15:24
Allll righttttt! Welcome back Ken. We missed you. :salute:

Ken Stallings
January 31st, 2010, 15:31
Welcome back Ken. It is great to "see" you again. It looks like you have the space to build a strip close to you home.....:bump:

Yeah, some bulldozers and about 4,000 feet of asphalt and I might! Would need about a cool million dollars to make it happen! :icon_lol:

Then again, the Portales Airport is only two miles from my house! That's one of the prime reason why I decided to live in Portales. I found this home and it's almost in the traffic pattern of the airport! I'm just a ten minute drive from it!

Ken

Chacha
January 31st, 2010, 15:38
The Ken Stallings is back! :applause:

Welcome back, Ken! :wavey:

Wittpilot
January 31st, 2010, 15:39
Welcome back Ken... I know on many occasions many of us looked for your insight on something, and you weren't here....

-witt

Dain Arns
January 31st, 2010, 15:39
Great to have you back, Sir! :salute: :applause:

GT182
January 31st, 2010, 15:43
Welcome back Ken... as said... we missed ya. :ernae:

I might be out you your way sometime soon. Nothing definte tho. A friend bought 2 WWII Russian bombers that he'll be brining back to KILG. One to rebuild to fly again and one heading home to Russia to be put on static display. Our destination is somewhare north of El Paso. Possibly Alamogordo tho he hasn't said where yet... just a wild guess.

Ken Stallings
January 31st, 2010, 15:45
Yeah, Alamagordo would be fairly close indeed! What kind of Russian bombers? I'd love to get a look at them. If you do make it out here, please let me know the dates. If possible, I'd love to fly to that airport and have a look!

Ken

Lionheart
January 31st, 2010, 16:12
Welcome back Ken!

Good to see all is well.

Congrats on retirement from the USAF.

Bill

TeaSea
January 31st, 2010, 16:16
Ken who......???

Heh-heh-heh....

Welcome to the ranks of the military retired!

Get your VA physical yet??

Quicksand
January 31st, 2010, 16:23
Welcome back, Ken... Congrats on your retirement. Thank you for your service to our nation.:wavey::medals:

Willy
January 31st, 2010, 17:57
Welcome back Ken! Enjoy the retired life!

cheezyflier
January 31st, 2010, 18:06
welcome back! it's true you know.

you were never forgotten here. as recently as the past week or so people have wondered "i wonder what ken woulda had to say about such and such."
good to see you :applause:

mike_cyul
January 31st, 2010, 18:13
Welcome back! :wavey:

Mike

hey_moe
January 31st, 2010, 18:24
It's about TIME you got off your monkey a$$ and got back in here...lol. Glad you decided to return. We removed all the bad talking threads about you so ya wouldn't see them. Ain't we sweet. :173go1: I don't think Eddie has slept a wink since you left to get that sex change :monkies: .....lol..Mike

Silver Fox
January 31st, 2010, 19:43
Dammit Ken!

I refuse to say welcome back!!!

Instead, let me say... WELCOME HOME. :)

Be proud of the 25 years, you earned it! :salute:

magoo
January 31st, 2010, 23:15
I missed the daily mythology workshop. Welcome back Ken.
:monkies:

Cees Donker
January 31st, 2010, 23:20
Welcome back Ken!

:wavey:

Cees

PeteHam
January 31st, 2010, 23:53
Glad to have ya back Ken :jump:

Missed ya even way down here.

Pete.

Crusader
February 1st, 2010, 01:51
Welcome back Ken . It certainly is a great start to the week . I remember reading most of your posts , especially the ones when you were going through pilot training . Congrats to that achievement and thanks for the 25 years service to our country and welcome to the ranks of the retired .

Rich:salute:

Snuffy
February 1st, 2010, 03:22
A Ha! okay I found your first post!

Welcome Back Ken! :ernae:

Toastmaker
February 1st, 2010, 04:20
Hey ! Congratulations on your well earned retirement ! Please feel free to join us over at the Quarter Moon Saloon (Oso's evolution). Nice to see you back among us -

:applause:

srgalahad
February 1st, 2010, 05:53
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0003.gif

Good to see you again, Ken!

Daveroo
February 1st, 2010, 06:08
welcome back Ken..missed your knowlage base and wisdom..glad your back..condragulations and thank you for your years of military service,Thank you...

Trans_23
February 1st, 2010, 06:38
Welcome back Ken. Good luck in your retirement and thank you for your service to the country. :salute:

gecko65
February 1st, 2010, 06:47
First & foremost, I wish to extend my personal thanks to you for your 25 years of service to our country :salute:

I'll second this for sure!

Well, timing is everything. I just started checking out the boards here again after being gone since '08, so Welcome Back, Ken!

TARPSBird
February 1st, 2010, 08:19
Welcome Home Ken! :wavey: Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service. :USA-flag: See ya around the forums.

LOBO
February 1st, 2010, 10:56
Welcome back Ken!:salute::ernae:

LOBO

Hals und Bein Bruch
February 1st, 2010, 16:45
Ken you worthless poop!!! You have been sorely missed..!!!!:applause:

Ken Stallings
February 1st, 2010, 17:51
Ken you worthless poop!!! You have been sorely missed..!!!!:applause:

Hey, I got it on good authority my poop's worth two cents a pound. At least that's what my wife says to me! :mixedsmi:

Ken