PDA

View Full Version : 'Should I Try & Get Back Into FSX Or Wait For This?'

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 07:20
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=350807#post350807

kilo delta
January 31st, 2010, 07:24
Depends on whether you want an arcade game or a simulation... according to those comments.

Henry
January 31st, 2010, 07:26
depends on what a panther looks like
and how much damage you can do:icon_lol:
LOL
H

dswo
January 31st, 2010, 07:40
Miss ya, Panther -- hasn't been the same without you.

Wozza
January 31st, 2010, 07:44
live on the edge...do both? if you can do one you can do both :)
or is there a chain and ball ...um I mean chain of command that dictates your only allowed one game/sim :D
Wozza
Ps with the extra endorphins you brain will thank you ;)

jmig
January 31st, 2010, 07:54
Come back to FSX! Those "Panther" shots were your to first introduction to photography.

Just think of the great crashes you could photograph now? You have the skill... by skill, I mean photography of course, not landing... and the super detail of FSX as your canvas.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

michael davies
January 31st, 2010, 08:33
Indeed, we need more Panther screen shots, attached, a little blast from the past.

Kindest

Michael

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 08:57
Ah yes...
I must admit there are definitely times when I do miss FSX....

Dain Arns
January 31st, 2010, 09:48
While you contemplate the decision, here's a little music to help...
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

LZBPu7jJbJU

Chacha
January 31st, 2010, 10:06
live on the edge...do both? if you can do one you can do both :)
or is there a chain and ball ...um I mean chain of command that dictates your only allowed one game/sim :D

Wozza

Ps with the extra endorphins you brain will thank you ;)

:icon_lol:

Yeah, I agree with Wozza.... :icon_lol:

I can't believe I almost have them all.... :pop4:

warchild
January 31st, 2010, 11:18
I'm with the others Panther. Your a very major part of this community.. get both and come home. youve been missed a lot..

Quicksand
January 31st, 2010, 11:20
What they said, Panther..:medals::guinness::icon29:

Cazzie
January 31st, 2010, 11:54
FSX Panther, as good as that looks, I just don't do arcade.

Caz

stiz
January 31st, 2010, 12:15
no need to wait for it, its been released. From what i've heard it looks great and is a mix between arcade and sim, kinda of the middle ground between hardcore and full arcade :engel016:

limjack
January 31st, 2010, 12:24
FSX is still king a hill in my book and with all the incredible addons it will take a lifetime now to enjoy them all! I just got to keep on upgrading my equiment to keep up. Right now I am using 4 gerbils running on the big wheel to maintain the proper amount of power. Soon I will have to get a bigger wheel and get perhaps 8 gerbils with a 10 gallaon fish tank to keep thing cool. But somehow I still love FSX.

Jim

EgoR64
January 31st, 2010, 16:47
:salute:

Hi P

WOP is stunning sometimes -

I tried to put FSX up on the Shelve and forget about it, but the call of the wild is too strong - Especially when piglet is makin the Fat Face - just not gonna happin -

Cheers -:icon29:

UnknownGuest12
January 31st, 2010, 17:14
Am I missing something here?

WOP? WOP?

So many posts and nobody (they must know, I don't) says the meaning of WOP.....
WOP? What? Where?
please....
Regards

bazzar
January 31st, 2010, 17:38
WOP is Wings of Prey. Oleg's console base don IL2, released for PC. Personally I think it to be excellent and far exceeds CFS3. It's pretty immersive but I don't like fighting the Battle of Britain in a MkII with cannon.

The scenery is superb and the sky/clouds extremely convincing. OK, it's a console port basically but set to "Simulator" setting it is very good. If we could just have the skies and scenery in FSX, I'd be in heaven...

Bill, I have it running on a laptop with Vista and it's steady as a rock. Well worth the money when you consider that it is a simulator of sorts. I would not call it an arcade game though you can have the option if you want.

Panther I'd go for it mate, it's less than a roll of film for your new digital camera and you'll get a fair bit of fun out of it.:engel016:

noshadez
January 31st, 2010, 19:53
Hey panther.. a very rare panther strike.. never know when you will post.. bring it back man..or woman..muscle woman.. miss ya stuff

UnknownGuest12
February 1st, 2010, 17:15
Txs, Bazaar

Lionheart
February 1st, 2010, 17:37
Thanks Bazz,

I will definately be looking for this..

Bill

Henry
February 1st, 2010, 18:16
i have just been playing with the demo
confusing so far
but so is tic tac toe
H:isadizzy:

Henry
February 1st, 2010, 18:19
Am I missing something here?

WOP? WOP?

So many posts and nobody (they must know, I don't) says the meaning of WOP.....
WOP? What? Where?
please....
Regards
demo

http://www.gamershell.com/download_54548.shtml
http://yuplay.com/story.php?title=Wings-Prey--demo-version
thanks RR6
H:guinness:

spotlope
February 1st, 2010, 18:27
This is all you need to know about realism vs. arcade in Wings of Prey: I'm able to shoot down several 109s in my Hurri, and then successfully return to base. So yeah... realism? Maybe not so much. It's a lot of fun though, and it looks dynamite.

deathfromafar
February 1st, 2010, 18:51
This is all you need to know about realism vs. arcade in Wings of Prey: I'm able to shoot down several 109s in my Hurri, and then successfully return to base. So yeah... realism? Maybe not so much. It's a lot of fun though, and it looks dynamite.

If you set the full sim to simulator mode(which the demo doesn't fully do), you can get a good bit of realism out of it. Engine overheat, limited fuel and ammo, stall-spin characteristics, all fair in a shooting game/sim. The multiplayer mode is a blast. You can set it for arcade(which sucks for anyone experienced), realistic mode which flies good but has aircraft labels and less weapon effectiveness. Then you can set for simulator mode which has no labels and more difficult flight dynamics and weapon effectiveness. Personally, I keep FSX and WOP. There's something in it for both sides of the fence so to speak.

LCBORDEN
February 3rd, 2010, 05:40
I've installed the demo, and, yeah it has great graphics... took quite a while to set up the keymapping and stick. Did all the turtorials, then decided lunch was a good idea....when I reloaded the game to play the demo campaign I no longer had my joystick settings and had to re-do it all. Has anyone else had this problem? I enjoyed the tutorial flights...but I don't look forward to loading joystick settings every time I try the demo.

Think I will go try "Rise Of Flight" Has anyone tried that yet??

Still thanks for the HU Panther...I wouldn't mind having "Wings of Prey" but all I can find is download version not a box set in a retail store.....I want the CD and Box....

Ol'Jarhead:wavey:

crazysundog
February 3rd, 2010, 06:14
the demo resets your control settings, the full game does not.

spotlope
February 3rd, 2010, 06:50
Yep, I can confirm that too. In the full game, I've only had to set up my controls once. The interface for doing so is pretty straightforward, too.

Mithrin
February 3rd, 2010, 07:19
I think it's a pretty tough sim at simulator difficulty. Definitely no arcade game....I just love the eyecandy of this sim. Every map has it's own nice atmosphere.

I do hope they'll open up the sim a bit more, make it easy to get mods in and stuff. Additional maps and more skins for the planes would be great!

IanHenry
February 3rd, 2010, 09:15
Jarhead,
Rise of Flight is fantastic.

Ian.

Slug Flyer
February 3rd, 2010, 09:53
Jarhead,
Rise of Flight is fantastic.

Ian.

Rise of Flight has crappy AI, or at least it did at release and I've never heard of any tweaks in the updates. AI is also one of the primary criticisms I've always heard of all of the Oleg sims, I'd be interested to hear if this still applies to WoP.

I also note the game includes way more German and Russian planes than there are for any other nation. Russia I can understand considering the game's origin, but do we really need six different variants of the Bf-109 when we can't even get a P-38, or a Hurricane appropriate to the Battle of Britain era?

Lionheart
February 3rd, 2010, 09:56
I have Rise of Flight. Its AWESOME for graphics and special effects, sounds, terrain, planes, panels, gauges.. You can see ribbing through fabric when you are shot up. It features TrackIR.

For me though, I never shot down one single plane. I could pour bullets into enemy planes, but 3 bullets sent me spiraling down each time. I became so mad at the game I shelved it.. Also, on my rig, I had to turn down graphics and detail down to 25% to keep frame rates smooth. If you have a good gaming computer that can run FSX smoothly, it should be no problem for you.

Bill