PDA

View Full Version : Some questions by newbie

R66C
January 31st, 2010, 06:53
Hello everybody. I'm not the beginner in CFS2, but still, a new guy in the community. Having fun with ol' good CFS2 right from 2001 (it was very bad translated russian version), now I have original eng-version and big bunch of addons. I'd already got many good things here on SOH as well as on other resources, and now I'm working on my own... Well, PTO edition. I decided to focus on New Guinea campaign (planning to improve DCG NG 42-43's) and it's AC's, vehicles, airfields and so on.
Now I have almost all american AC's changed, so here's still one thing that I'm curious about. Is there any good replacements for stock american/japanese droptanks/bellys as well as japanese bombs?
Thanks in advance, R66C :icon29:

Devildog73
January 31st, 2010, 07:13
Welcome to the basement R66C!

Yes, there are, but the download library seems to be in the midst of moving to the new server and is unavailable here on SOH.

Once the computer guys get it all moved, go to the "Add-ons" button in the blue strip above, click on it, click on CFS2 Add-ons, click on "other" and most of the weapons stuff you are looking for are in there.

In the mean time, you might want to look on Simviation. They have a bunch of the weapons packages over there also.

mariereid
January 31st, 2010, 07:19
I'm pretty sure you can get weapons and tanks at a couple of sites. At the moment, I think our add-ons section is down. I believe I found a lot of Japanese weapons at simviation. I think penn32 (?) had a few japanese weapons in one of his add-ons. :ernae:

Heh, heh, Thanks Devildog, I sure type slow!

dvslats
January 31st, 2010, 07:38
Hi R66C,
After you load some new weapons, the .dp file has to be edited to have them show on your aircraft.
When things here get back up and running go to "Author", "kelticheart" and look through his mods. He has many custom .dp files that include the newer weapons edited into his .dp files. Ready to go. Some nice effects also.

One site for Japanese weapons... http://www.kawausohermitage.sakura.ne.jp/Hanger/readme_en.htm

Click on I Agree to go to the page.

Also Metal Dreams Japenese Weapon Pack...do not have a link right now.

American: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=db_us_weapons.zip

Dave

sc7500
January 31st, 2010, 08:21
Found the Metal Dreams Link:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=MD_Torpedoes.zip

Our d/l section will be down for about a week [according to the Upgrades bulletin this AM], so outsourcing skills WILL need to be honed ! lol

SC
:kilroy:

R66C
January 31st, 2010, 08:25
Everybody, thanks for advices.
Well, I checked out american loadouts, so basically KM's P-47 Tanks and DBolt's weapons packs (v2a, corsair and P-47) covers all the loadouts for stock MS US AC's, except for Wildcat 50/58 gal droptank and pylons. In the same time, I found out that F4F-3 had 87 gal droptank as an option. So now I'm looking out for pylons and these Wildcat tanks - or maybe I'll add internal tank (just like on KM's P-40) - I heard that some F4F-3's had one behind the pilot.
---
[edit]
sc7500, thanks for the link, got it :ernae:
Now I gotta sort out japanese stuff and put it on my AC's. Too bad here's so few tanks. The only droptank I found is on D4Y by Thicko.

dvslats
January 31st, 2010, 14:18
Too bad here's so few tanks. The only droptank I found is on D4Y by Thicko.

That's true R66C. There is another one "Japanese general 600 litter tank" in Kawauso Hermitage link in my post above. You can just see it on his P1Y1 Ginga Ver2.2a, the right wing. For the 87 gal drop tank, the Donation ware (now a freebie) F4F-3 has a newer tank included with the package. Have to wait on the server change, but then you will be able to get it.
Dave

R66C
February 1st, 2010, 13:04
Well, gotta wait then, thanks for info about 87 tank. :ernae:
And another question. Today I started to do something for my personal use - 50's CFS2 edition. And at the work at first plane I got some troubles.
Plane is XF-85 Goblin by Kazunori Ito. I managed to tweak .AIR-file a little (now AI can handle this little thing real good), made 4 M2's in the nose and exhaust effects. But then some troubles. First of all, in some cases, when XF-85 being shot by somebody, it breaks in "two planes". As I can understand, it depends on MDL-file, effects, and box hierarchy, right? Is there any ways to avoid this?
And second - in some cases (really rare, but still), I get CTD's. As far as I can understand, these CTD's is only because of .DP, not because of .MDL?
---
[edit]
I made DP-file in both DPED121 and notepad - for exhaust effects.

dvslats
February 2nd, 2010, 01:46
Hey R66C, Take a look at this thread. I think it's post #10. Look for the one about planes cloning. Those tips should take care of seeing double planes when damaged.
There is a wealth of info through this whole thread...a good one to place a bookmark to. :mixedsmi:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=449&highlight=tips

Dave

R66C
February 2nd, 2010, 02:48
Thanks! Now it works just like planned. Also, changed 4x7.7mm with 350 rounds each to 4x12mm with 300 rounds each - that was my little mistake.

miamieagle
February 2nd, 2010, 06:00
R66C as for chaning your drop Tank try looking in here http://storage2.free.fr/

R66C
February 2nd, 2010, 10:20
miamieagle, thanks for the link, didn't noticed these weapons skins before. Should do the trick until I find something else.
In the same time, I finished DP for Goblin (5 boxes, 2 gunstations, 26 systems + 2 effects). Through it's personal-use only conversion, but here's any way to make LOD's from the finished model? I tried to tweak SCA with notepad - but even when I cut off everything except fuselage, FPS still vary alot, with or without many AI AC's around.

erufle
February 6th, 2010, 02:21
R66C ! Do you by any chance speak Russian? If so, we need to collaborate on a project.