PDA

View Full Version : I hate ATI

Emil Frand
January 30th, 2010, 21:01
video cards, 10 years ago I sore Id never own another but last year bought a dell laptop with a 256meg ati radeon and its same as before, works fine for a while but update or touch anything and its over.

harleyman
January 30th, 2010, 23:25
Never had a problem...

The old addage comes into play..If it ain't broke, don't update it....

demorier
January 31st, 2010, 01:09
I'm with Harley...no hassles here, and the right driver updates around on the manufacturer website.

Odie
January 31st, 2010, 05:34
I've add ATI and nVidia; usually going with whichever one had the hottest card when I would order my gaming machine. The only issue I ever had was the FS09 select plane display one that ATI had and that one was cured with a driver release.

The other card that I used was the 3dfx chipsets that came out....never had issues with them either.

HundertzehnGustav
January 31st, 2010, 05:45
more specific?
situation? program used? drivers recently changed? temps?
what is happening?

always had ATI, 3 in a row. Never had to complain, except that i broke one, by my own fault.

stansdds
January 31st, 2010, 11:20
ATI has a good reputation and is currently the preferred card for FS9 and FSX. More details are needed about your issues with the ATI card.

jmig
January 31st, 2010, 14:28
Yeph, count me in the ATI corner. I have had and used both. My heart is with ATI.

aeronca1
January 31st, 2010, 14:30
Way back in the day, we used to say that a purchase of an ATI card came automatically with a membership in "The Driver of the Week" club.... Bought an original Radeon years ago and found nothing had changed, so never bought another ATI product.

harleyman
January 31st, 2010, 14:39
Its all changed since the All In wonder cards..

From the 3850 through the newest 5770's ATI ROCKS IMHO...

MCDesigns
January 31st, 2010, 15:18
I have always been an ATI user, but when putting together the parts for the current rig, read that Nvidia was the way to go for IQ and performance..................I am wanting to go back to ATI now, LOL.

N2056
January 31st, 2010, 15:24
I guess what I don't get is the fact that if you are so bent against ATI why did you buy something with their card in it?

Kofschip
January 31st, 2010, 15:24
With ATI cards you need to watch out with the updates. If the card is manufactured by VisionTek, the ATI updates don't always work and you need to use the VisionTek updates, BTDT!!!

MarcKyle64
February 7th, 2010, 12:32
When I used an ATi card, a 1300 PCI-e IIRC, the FS9 text was illegible, I couldn't see what the tower was telling me to do. I haven't had that problem with Nvidia card, not even with the 6100 on my motherboard.