PDA

View Full Version : 'Caprica'

Panther_99FS
January 30th, 2010, 17:39
And ta' think the whole thing started over monotheistic religion....

Marlin
January 30th, 2010, 20:35
Oh man, I missed the first episode didn't I?

Lionheart
January 30th, 2010, 20:45
That really through me for a loop..

Panther_99FS
January 30th, 2010, 21:00
Oh man, I missed the first episode didn't I?

Yep....:engel016::monkies:

harleyman
January 30th, 2010, 23:29
I am still clueless as to what this is about...LOL

I assume a show..I am to lazy to Google today...LOL

GT182
January 31st, 2010, 03:51

Yep, with a few terroristic kids thrown in for good measure. Totally different from the way I thought it would start out.

And remember, don't let yer daddy play with robots. You might end up being one yerself. ;)

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 06:24
Yep, with a few terroristic kids thrown in for good measure. Totally different from the way I thought it would start out.

And remember, don't let yer daddy play with robots. You might end up being one yerself. ;)

LoL true and those 2 episodes of Caprica explain a WHOLE LOT of the future....

dogknot
January 31st, 2010, 06:38

That is hilarious. Doesn't that go hand-in-hand with the creation of robots? :mixedsmi:

Bjoern
January 31st, 2010, 09:35
Saw the trailer; was unimpressed.

The whole franchise has lost its appeal for me anyways after the abyssimal time from the second half of season two till the second half of season four of BSG. Jane Espenson should be fired.

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 09:45
Saw the trailer; was unimpressed.

The whole franchise has lost its appeal for me anyways after the abyssimal time from the second half of season two till the second half of season four of BSG. Jane Espenson should be fired.

The amount of awards that the series won would indicate the opposite...:engel016:

Bjoern
January 31st, 2010, 10:28
The amount of awards that the series won would indicate the opposite...:engel016:

Doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 10:52
Doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

"The views of the one don't outweigh the views of the few, or the many"...:d :d :d (Spock/Star Trek) :engel016:

Odie
January 31st, 2010, 11:26
Did they release this first on DVD? I seem to recall seeing it at Best Buy before Christmas.

Gdavis101
January 31st, 2010, 11:27
I have to admit, after buying the DVD when it was released last year I didn't think I could really buy into it, but after watching Fridays episode I found that I really enjoyed it.

GT182
January 31st, 2010, 13:12
Caprica is kind of cool in a spooky sort of way. At least you get to see Adama and a few others when they were youngsters. The twists and turns up to the Cylon revolt should be interesting, to say the least.

Bjoern
January 31st, 2010, 16:39
"The views of the one don't outweigh the views of the few, or the many"...:d :d :d (Spock/Star Trek) :engel016:

"They may be persons, but I'm a personality." (My father) :d

- Edit: Actual meaning could have been lost in the translation process.

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 16:49
"They may be persons, but I'm a personality." (My father) :d

- Edit: Actual meaning could have been lost in the translation process.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:...

Cloud9Gal
January 31st, 2010, 18:01
Hubby talked about this one. He didn't care for it at all. He also didn't care for Firefly, which surprised me since he loves BSG and all these other shows...http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Confused/sorry-3.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Confused-Smileys.html)

Snuffy
February 1st, 2010, 03:27

sounds a lot like the mess we're in now. LOL! :bump:

Quixoticish
February 1st, 2010, 03:32
Hubby talked about this one. He didn't care for it at all. He also didn't care for Firefly, which surprised me since he loves BSG and all these other shows...http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Confused/sorry-3.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Confused-Smileys.html)

I love BSG, have always been a Trekkie, really enjoy Caprica, loved Space : Above and Beyond, but Firefly was one thing I never really grasped. It just didn't work in my opinion; the whole "wild west in space" thing didn't really entertain me.

Eoraptor1
February 1st, 2010, 12:13
I saw it. I'd really like to know more about the Colonials' polytheistic religion. One of the things I didn't like about BSG was that I thought there was WAAAAAAY too much Cylon sympathizing for people who'd experienced an ELE. I thought the explanation might be something in their religious beliefs, but these IMO weren't explored enough. Maybe we'll see. Maybe not. The mysticism was never my favorite part of BSG, and I think the show suffered from the writer's strike. Don't get me wrong, I liked the series, it's just that I'm deeply nerdy, which means I'm not really happy unless I have something to complain about. IMO Citizen Kane was probably the most structurally perfect movie I've ever seen, and I find it barely watchable.

JAMES