PDA

View Full Version : Alaska fans Rejoice!

jmig
January 30th, 2010, 13:54
It looks like UTX Alaska is right around the corner and it looks fab. The shots of Juneau are just like I remember the city. If the rest is as good and, I see no reason to suspect otherwise...WOOOOHOOOO!

Here is the Simforums thread with pictures

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=33066

Sky~6
January 30th, 2010, 14:00
Alaska....Alright!...with PNW FTX coming...oh boy..I'm closer to Heaven!

Thanks!

MCDesigns
January 30th, 2010, 15:07
Thanks for the HU, I am a little more excited seeing the shots, although that pic of Juneau with the glacier in the background makes me cringe, I hate seeing texture stretching.

With the many enhancements to cities and airports, I wonder if Holger and team are even contemplating GBv3 for FSX.

falcon409
January 30th, 2010, 15:33
. . . . .With the many enhancements to cities and airports, I wonder if Holger and team are even contemplating GBv3 for FSX.
Yea, I have GCv2 for FS9 and Holger did such an amazing job with the glaciers, down to small ice blocks and chips at the edge where the ice flow had stopped, just beautiful work. I had the same reaction when I saw the flat surfaced Glacier in those shots. . .man, Holger could make that look so much better

lifejogger
January 30th, 2010, 19:05
Been waiting for this a long time, should go well with Tongass.

Pips
January 30th, 2010, 20:00
My God, those screenies really do bring Alaska alive. :applause: Didn't realise just how bland and inaccurate FSX was.

BladeRun
January 30th, 2010, 20:02
Been waiting for this a long time, should go well with Tongass.

Have they come out and said it's compatible with Tongass? I just got Tongass X this past week, would love to see the two work together.

mfitch
January 30th, 2010, 22:12
Have they come out and said it's compatible with Tongass? I just got Tongass X this past week, would love to see the two work together.

Yes, they have stated this in a different post at simforums (I don't have the URL handy at the moment).

I have been waiting for this for a long time. With my luck it will be released just as my busy days hit this week.

Lionheart
January 30th, 2010, 22:42
Thanks John for the heads up!

This looks awesome.

Nothing like flying in Alaska in FS...!

ShawnG
January 30th, 2010, 22:46
IIRC Holger is on the team for the UTX alaska as well. I think the fact that the glaciers look as well as they do is because of Holger rather than despite him. I would imagine that if he had to individually model every glacier in alaska, would take much longer to produce... anywho, have read in multiple places that glacier bay is still in planning, but a lot of the people who worked on v2 are no longer in the game.

Francois
January 31st, 2010, 03:02

We are working with both Allan Kriesman and Orbx to make sure their products are compatible with ours wherever possible..