PDA

View Full Version : ETO Installation and Firepower upgrade..ist it needed still

jack72
January 30th, 2010, 13:38
I am installing the ETO for the first time. I have made a copy of my old install and have reinstalled the CFS3. The next step would be to update to 3.1 and then install the ETO expansion.

Before I do that, should I install the firepower upgrade if I have it, or does the ETO take care of that and the firepower is obsolete.

flashgordon
January 30th, 2010, 14:06
Installing Firepower over ETO is not recommended as it will at least overwrite some effects and could corrupt the install but the included a/c like the B-24J are. There is an addon at the aussie site ETO FirePower USAAF HeavyBombers2 (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=387) that is specifically for the FP B-24 which replaces the static B-17s at B-24 8th AAF bases and installs some terrific missions.

grizzly50
January 30th, 2010, 14:12
I am installing the ETO for the first time. I have made a copy of my old install and have reinstalled the CFS3. The next step would be to update to 3.1 and then install the ETO expansion.

Before I do that, should I install the firepower upgrade if I have it, or does the ETO take care of that and the firepower is obsolete.

:kilroy:Jack72, installing ETO onto a FirePower install and istalling Firepower onto an ETO install are both BIG no-nos.

Each will destroy the other's effects package.

There is a Firepower Heavy Bombers conversion pack that allows FP US heavy bombers into ETO.

It is available where you can download ETO. However, you need a FirePower install on your machine from which to copy the four necessary folders found in the FP install's aircraft folder into the aircraft folder of the ETO install.:d