PDA

View Full Version : 'Fouga'

Panther_99FS
January 30th, 2010, 13:30
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4316547499_7cb45d4abd_b.jpg

Cazzie
January 30th, 2010, 14:34
The greatest little sports jet you'll ever see P.

Had the privilege to fly in "Tall Paul" Grieschaber's Fouga in 1995 and even took the stick while aloft for a spell and did a few rolls and tight turns. One of the highlights of my real flying life.

Caz

EasyEd
January 30th, 2010, 15:40
Hey All,

I can't comment on the plane so I'll comment on the photo.

Sorry the composition doesn't do it for me. The horizon (is it level?), cut off (where it is) plane and especially the powerlines bother me. If it were rotated a bit and the powerlines cloned out (I think you can do that) and the image a bit more from the right front - I wonder how it would be then? All that said the light, highlights and the colour are great.

In looking at your photostream I really like this one;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4314539117_35f38f0afa_b.jpg

I've been having fun working on learning how to use the hue tool with it. Maybe I'll post what I been doing in another thread.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
January 30th, 2010, 20:13
Had the privilege to fly in "Tall Paul" Grieschaber's Fouga in 1995 and even took the stick while aloft for a spell and did a few rolls and tight turns. One of the highlights of my real flying life.

Caz

Musta' been a wild ride Cazz! :ernae:

kilo delta
January 31st, 2010, 04:04
:ernae:

The Irish Air Corps aerobatic demonstration team "The Silver Swallows" used to fly those. I saw them numerous times and was always impressed at the level of skill involved in displaying them considering the relatively poor amount of engine thrust available. For those that have never been up close to a Fouga.....they're a pretty small a/c.

9pUaw802Hc8

Cazzie
January 31st, 2010, 04:36
Musta' been a wild ride Cazz! :ernae:

Best roller-coaster I've ever ridden! :ernae:

Panther_99FS
January 31st, 2010, 06:31
:ernae:
The Irish Air Corps aerobatic demonstration team "The Silver Swallows" used to fly those. For those that have never been up close to a Fouga.....they're a pretty small a/c.

9pUaw802Hc8

Cool video kilo delta!

& Yes, it is a small aircraft. Stinson Field was actually somewhat busy so I didn't want to go out on the tarmac & take some shots with the sun at my back......Oh well...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2793/4317653752_e1dd544a48_b.jpg

GT182
January 31st, 2010, 18:12
Nice photo of the Fouga Panther. It's weird when you can walk up to a jet and stand there looking at the pilot at eye level. Bout the same as an L-29.

Caz, if you ever get the chance take a ride in an L-39. Now that's a ride, and handles great too. Especially at 7 Gs. LOL

jmig
February 2nd, 2010, 17:20
I like the picture. The contrast of the dark jet and lighter background is appealing to me.

But what a weird airplane. Reminds me of some of those ugly dogs you see.

JorisVandenBerghe
February 3rd, 2010, 01:38
It reminds me of the good old times when we had a quite a number of them flying around here. Looks a bit like a turtle :kilroy:. But it's a fantastic little jet trainer...

I reckon we had a demo team flying the Fouga here in Belgium...called the Red Devils - coincidentally the current name of our national soccer team.

Too bad I don't have any pictures of that sleek machine.