PDA

View Full Version : Aah, racing.

Cazzie
January 30th, 2010, 10:42
24 hrs. of Daytona to begin in an hour or so. I just cannot watch basketball and I have to have a sport's fix!

Caz

wombat666
January 31st, 2010, 09:14
Came through on our Sports Channel as a three segment package.
Four hours each, Start-Middle-Finish, so it was the Daytona 12 Hour for us.
I really detest those 'Daytona Prototypes', have done so from Day One, but I'll watch the GT cars anytime.
Terrible coverage, dinky little split screen images stuck in the centre of a 'Gothic' background complete with irritating but illegible position streamer above and an over size network (or something) logo below.
David Hobbs was good, but he usually is.
I know Caz......we should consider ourselves lucky to get any coverage, but perhaps some time spent with the production crew responsible for covering the Aussie Motorsport series should be mandatory.
:173go1:

Cazzie
February 3rd, 2010, 06:03
Came through on our Sports Channel as a three segment package.
Four hours each, Start-Middle-Finish, so it was the Daytona 12 Hour for us.
I really detest those 'Daytona Prototypes', have done so from Day One, but I'll watch the GT cars anytime.
Terrible coverage, dinky little split screen images stuck in the centre of a 'Gothic' background complete with irritating but illegible position streamer above and an over size network (or something) logo below.
David Hobbs was good, but he usually is.
I know Caz......we should consider ourselves lucky to get any coverage, but perhaps some time spent with the production crew responsible for covering the Aussie Motorsport series should be mandatory.
:173go1:

Hobbs is just himself, he's like that in public even, great guy. Bob Varsha is a POS.

I hate the DP cars too wombat, miss the days when they raced Le Mans prototypes at Daytona with real manufacturer's names on them.

Caz