PDA

View Full Version : PTO install

timbo2410
January 30th, 2010, 07:54
OK I had problems installing ETO and now it's PTO's turn. I've downloaded all the files and updates ready for the install. But it's not working out. I am installing to the default location but adding the (x86) the same as for ETO. The install says it's completed (I have switched off Kaspersky), but the exe on the desktop points to a file that is not installed??
So, start from scratch and pretend your talking to somebody that does NOT know there way around a computer .... please ...

Phenozo
January 30th, 2010, 08:09
You could try going into the main PTO folder and launching it from the CFS3.exe found within it. If that works, then delete the "broken" one on your desktop and create a new one by right clicking that one that is in the folder and select copy, then paste it into another folder (like microsoft games or such) and then rightclick it and rename it "CFS3pto.exe" then rightclick it again and select cut, then go back into the PTO main folder and rightclick there and select paste. Then once more rightclick the new icon for CFS3pto.exe and select "Send To (desktop)" to send the new one on your desktop. This is done to differentiate it from your stock or other CFS3 icon(s).

Also note : You may have to change the Compatibility and Priviledge settings depending what OS you have and if you want to fly it in MP.

To do that right click onto the icon and select Properties. Most Read-Mes and guides suggest running it in XP SP2 mode and as the Administrator.

timbo2410
January 30th, 2010, 08:45
Ok I'll install it again and try that .... thans for your patience ... I am not good at this ... I think I may have an issue with win7 security as well because I disabled Kaspersky anti virus and I am still getting problems accessing BDP.zap ... it will not look at the program at all ... I think I have to disable the security on win 7 to get anywhere ...
PS: I have just gone from win xp 32 bit to win 7 pro 64 bit ... it's a bit of a culture shock to say the least
thanks once again for the advice
:ernae:

timbo2410
January 30th, 2010, 08:47
When the install is going on and it asks for "the location to install to" I have only added the "x86" as my clean install is in the default location ... that's all I have to do isn't it?