Duh it still adds up to 1.2 gig. geez

into parts of 200or less mb...
Jessus! people! 1.2 Gigs!
:banghead:

HundertzehnGustav
September 29th, 2008, 12:19
so y was MAW published in parts?
y was GWX published in parts?
y is the Unified installer published in parts?
...add your favourite megamod here...

i have no clue to this techno stuff, but still... a reason there must be!

just a plain dumb idea... methinks.
This aint the Microsoft neworks supercomputers !
:cost1::banghead::censored:

aaargh, ima gonna shoot sumpthing.

warfreak
September 29th, 2008, 12:32
if you break it into parts I think they would hav do the install on their pc then have to archive it which I think would be a much bigger download

warfreak
September 29th, 2008, 12:34
Duh it still adds up to 1.2 gig. geez yeah and I dont know how you would break it into parts but if you archive the folders that you installed, then it would probably be
more than 1.2 gigs, maybe 3.4 gigs or something

ronnybengt
September 29th, 2008, 12:49
TAKE IT FKN EASY!!!!!!!!!!
....:censored:....

DVDS are easily gotten....

R

bzhyoyo
September 29th, 2008, 21:53
Is there a plan for torrents downloads?
That may be easier and just much faster than a DVD swap.

ronnybengt
September 29th, 2008, 22:51
...not what i know of....nope!!
R

Ferry_vO
September 30th, 2008, 11:47
Six times 200 mb is also 1.2 Gb, but if people download more than one part at once the bandwidth hit gets higher too IMHO.

I've seen game demo's already exceed 1 Gb, and there are plenty of sites where it is not a problem to download these from. As A2A (Former Shockwave) already uses Gamershell.com for their patches etc. it might be an option to host the file there?
Torrents are a good idea as well though they do require that people will keep sharing the file otherwise nobody can download. The entire (Also freeware!) NL2000 scenery is also available through torrent downloads though it will takes some patience to get the entire 21 Gb.
And finally swapping DVD's can also be used to spread these files.

Plenty of options, but if you don't like it, you don't have to get it. If you really want it, you will have to accept how it's offered or just :censored:.

hairyspin
September 30th, 2008, 12:46
I can set GetRight to download 1.7 GB in as many segments as you care to split it - it still comes to 1.7 GB and the server would still have choked if everyone else used the same tactic.
Mind you, Rapidshare hosts some pretty monster downloads afaik and the Desert Rats used it for MAW's initial download as well as the torrent. Maybe that would be an alternative?

edit: Ferry, that's a cracking signature line, LOL!

warfreak
September 30th, 2008, 14:15
how about you make it only 5 people at a time?