PDA

View Full Version : Random wierd thoughts of airtractors

Daveroo
January 29th, 2010, 06:58
i happen to love the air tractor line of A/C,from the 301 to the AT802AF,they now have a armoured version as im sure many of you have seen,fire fighting a/c,crop dusters and several are being modified with large fuel tanks in the hopper bay and being used for personel use(this from air tractor themselves)they also have a at405a based on a 401B ,it will be a side by side 2 seater used as a flight trainer.
these aircraft are put through some serious stresses while working as ag sprayers..atlest from what ive seen...they will fly just feet about the plants,,pull back on the stick ,,,truthfully i dont know how they do it..but the plane goes to the right then rolls on its left wing tip and dives back down ecaxtly a wing legth over from where he did his 180....

now my day dream...id like to see an airtractor in an airshow doing aerobatic ( there is a clipped wing G-164 agcat doing it now)
and id like to see a turboprop class and a radial engine class at reno airraces...specifically...a 401A class and 802F class
i think it would be cool......
Dave:applause:

Killbilly
January 29th, 2010, 09:16
I'd just like to see a really good FSX model of this amazing bird. I'd especially like to see the radial engine model. Very cool plane.

More than that, though, I'd like to see the Transavia Airtruck for FSX (or in an airshow). I love topdresser's.

cheezyflier
January 29th, 2010, 15:23
i know this plane had great utility value, but gosh, the ugliness is overwhelming :icon_lol:

only a farmer could love that thing!

peter12213
January 30th, 2010, 02:22
Yeah its a strange one, but I like it!

Daveroo
January 30th, 2010, 07:52
mind you i was speaking of the air tractors....not the air trucks..the air trucks are pretty neat..but i just love the air tractors...id like to take a 401 and put a R2800 out front....lol....